Show me your eyes

jaxtabby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Buster with his two brothers. Not sure if you can read his eyes but after only being home with his two brothers for two days it did not take much to freak him out. As I got closer and closer with the camera, his eyes got bigger and bigger. I backed off as he was getting ready to explode!

After only weeks he settle in his new home, joining his brothers

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
After only weeks he settle in his new home, joining his brothers

Oh, yes, the warning and anxiety in Buster's eyes are very clear.  It's really a great photo.  So is the bottom one.  What a trio of absolutely beautiful cats you have! 

Last edited:

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Norachan
In response to post #30
Wow Twinkle looks wild kinda like a cub...but you can see the smile on her face

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

These are my furbabies Duchess the chocolate point and Prince my Persialayan meow...I have some really great photos of Duchess' eyes...Prince's eyes actually have some damage to them and they are staind on the inside corners...his eyes are a light blue...you can actually see in the glowing picture of Prince's eyes the discoloration...he was rescued like that with the damage to his eyes [emoji]128532[/emoji] I clean his eyes constantly. ..there is a lot of discharge that comes out of them (yes he's been to vet)...

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

These are my furbabies Duchess the chocolate point and Prince my Persialayan meow...I have some really great photos of Duchess' eyes...Prince's eyes actually have some damage to them and they are staind on the inside corners...his eyes are a light blue...you can actually see in the glowing picture of Prince's eyes the discoloration...he was rescued like that with the damage to his eyes [emoji]128532[/emoji] I clean his eyes constantly. ..there is a lot of discharge that comes out of them (yes he's been to vet)...

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt

Thanks for your input [emoji]128513[/emoji] Prince has orange tips and Duchess is confirmed chocolate point...[emoji]128522[/emoji] as for his eyes...he was rescued from a really bad mess I believe it was a mill...my father-in-law rescued him and when he passed he left us Prince in will...according to vet its permanent damage and when they get infected bring him in for meds...not much can be done except lots of prayer and me cleaning out his eyes everyday[emoji]128522[/emoji] I have posted in several other spots on here ...have a great day

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Norachan

Is she a Norwegian Forest cat? She is absolutely stunning!!! [emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This is her Mum Kumori.

Twinkle and two of her three sisters when they were tiny.

Twinkle and her sisters still live with me. We moved from the house we used to live in to a place about ten miles away a few years ago. I really wanted to bring Kumori with us too. She was an outdoor only cat then and she disappeared a few days before we moved. I still go down to see the other colony cats a few times a week, but I never saw Kumori again.

The woman who feeds the other feral cats says she sees her from time to time. She's been spayed, which I'm sure makes her life a lot easier, but I'd love to be able to bring her home with the rest of the family.

She was such a lovely cat.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Norachan

What precious babies...so I'm not sure what a moggy means...but does it mean mixed? I think ( they the mom and Twinkle looks like Norwegian Forest cats)...I've seen a Japanese bob tail before and I'm trying to remember exactly what it looked like....I remember the tail haha...anyhoo great pictures....thank you so much for sharing with me [emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji]

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Norachan

What precious babies...so I'm not sure what a moggy means...but does it mean mixed? I think ( they the mom and Twinkle looks like Norwegian Forest cats)...I've seen a Japanese bob tail before and I'm trying to remember exactly what it looked like....I remember the tail haha...anyhoo great pictures....thank you so much for sharing with me [emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji]
A moggy is a nice way of saying "mongrel" which is a mixture of unknown ancestry. People in the US used to say about one's ancestry of which they had no inkling that they were a "Heinz 57", referring to the legend on the Heinz ketchup bottle that said "Heinz 57 Varieties", you get the drift. These days many people are interested in where their  ancestors came from so lots of  companies have sprung up that specialize in genealogy.

The great majority of cats in Japan have short or no tails, they are so interbred that there are hardly any cats with what we consider "normal" tails. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Bebe, she did not even mind when I stuck the camera into her face so close that her whiskers touched the camera. No, she is not grumpy but Persians with those pushed-in faces tend to look like that

when I first got her I took her to the vet for shots etc, he noticed these patches on the outside of her eyes, was not sure what they were, they actually looked like scuffs, he gave me some eye drops which made no difference, he also said whatever they were they had been there for a long time, did not seem to bother her and she had made adjustments to them. They are right in front of her pupils and are irregularly shaped. You can make them out if you blow up the pictures.