Show me your eyes

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since there were a few questions about Lucy's eye color, here is another pic from the same session captured a few seconds before the prior image of Sweet Lucy Blue Eyes.  The photo below is pretty much straight out of the camera - the eyes are as captured.  I wish I could figure out how to produce the blue eyes on demand.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It looks like something blue is being reflected onto your cat. Look at the blue fur and whiskers and the blue n the background so it is no wonder that the yes reflect it also.
Thanks. I had not considered a reflection.  There is a pale blue oriental rug in the dinning room where I made the picture. I shoot in that room a lot and have never previously caught blue eyes that intense on either Archie or Lucy.  But a reflection seems like a likely candidate.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Thanks. I had not considered a reflection.  There is a pale blue oriental rug in the dinning room where I made the picture. I shoot in that room a lot and have never previously caught blue eyes that intense on either Archie or Lucy.  But a reflection seems like a likely candidate.
sometimes we cannot see the forest for the trees 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

It looks like something blue is being reflected onto your cat. Look at the blue fur and whiskers and the blue n the background so it is no wonder that the yes reflect it also.
I sometimes get a similar sort of blue with photographs of Mouse taken in low, natural light.  His eyes are green so they don't show blue but his 'blue' grey fur will take a very different tone which shows it off beautifully as has happened with Lucy.   I don't have much blue at all in my apartment and it does seem to result from certain light conditions.   Of course, may not be the same cause with Lucy, but natural light can be really interesting when taking photographs, and come out differently with different cameras and lenses too.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I sometimes get a similar sort of blue with photographs of Mouse taken in low, natural light.  <snip>
Some years back, we shared our home with a grey kitty named Martel (after the cognac).  He was similar in color to Mouse.  His fur reflected everything - such a beautiful effect.  We should have called him chameleon. :-)