Show me your eyes

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens eyes are a yellowy green shade in the centers and blue around the edges. But not the kitten blue I usually see. Its more of the blue like a Siamese cats. Am I possibly gonna have a blue eyed kitty?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Pal and Snow Leopard... 17 and 21. Wow. That's a good old age; you must be doing something right! I hope mine live that long.
What do you feed them?
Thanks guys, genes not care I reckon!
   I hate to admit it but I fed them on a mix of cheap as chips dried food then they were youngsters, and when they were pensioners and I had more money they got a mix of Iams pensioner biscuits and wet pouches! 
    They came from the Scottish Highlands where a friend of mine's parents lived and they must have had good strong genes:-)  Their original vet thought they were part wild cat! 
   Snow leopard behaved like a kitten until 3 days before she crossed the RB at 17 3/4:  she apparently had loads of tiny little tumours in her eyes and brain but they didn't affect her behaviour or mobility until she was suddenly switched off one Christmas eve.  She was very calm but couldn't walk or stand up or anything.  Sadly there was no vet to deal with things until the 27th so she had 3 days of cuddles and love from me before she moved on and left her sister in peace!  Aparently she'd been bullying Pal for years!  Pal was frail with arthritis and hadn't been able to hold her own.  She had another 4 years to dot around the apartment and enjoy her pensioner years before she went to join her sister (almost exactly 4 years to the day).   I hope Pal's had the upper hand for a bit where they are now! 

I dream of Mouse staying with me for as long as my girls did but you just never know, and he is so daft my heart is constantly in my mouth at his antics.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Is it the little ginger girl that has the blue eyes still?  Are the other kittens'eyes still blue too?

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One for sure other than her has the blue but no more than two have it like the Ginger. And the ones that do have it are ginger and white. The grey tiger has solid green/ yellowy eyes.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
One for sure other than her has the blue but no more than t.wo have it like the Ginger. And the ones that do have it are ginger and white. The grey tiger has solid green/ yellowy eyes.
Interesting when they are the same age. I wonder if different colour cats change eye colours at different stages of growth?  If they stay blue that will be really unusual.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful.

Judging by your avatar, he enjoys showing off from both ends 

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting when they are the same age. I wonder if different colour cats change eye colours at different stages of growth?  If they stay blue that will be really unusual.
I'm not sure... what I was wondering is if different colors of kittens can have different colored eyes. Can kittens from the litter have different father's like they can with dogs?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure... what I was wondering is if different colors of kittens can have different colored eyes. Can kittens from the litter have different father's like they can with dogs?
My understanding is that they can and that's why you can get such diverse kittens from one litter.  They could well have different colour eyes but might be hard to tell until they are a bit older, that was why I was wondering if different colour / genetic mixes of cats might develop mature eye colour at different ages.  I would expect it to show pretty soon though.  The blue with ginger would be very unusual, esp given that one is the ginger girl to boot!  Will be interested to see how they develop and if they stay the same.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely. A calling female will draw in all the toms around, and if more than one tom gets to her, she may have a litter with one, two, or even more fathers. Cats don't pair-bond--they just go into heat and their hormones drive them to mate with another cat, whom they may never see again and have no emotional attachment to.

It's different with breeders, where the sire will be known and written on the paperwork, but an oops litter from a cat not spayed early enough can definitely come from multiple fathers.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blue is so beautiful. I love light grey shades in cats, especially when it is combined wih blue eyes! Perfect look!
Show us and tell us more bout blue :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What and unusual colour of eyes for a black kitty!  And what a lovely photo you have managed to get of your black kitty too. 

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

What and unusual colour of eyes for a black kitty!  And what a lovely photo you have managed to get of your black kitty too. 

Thank you MServant!

He is a beautiful boy.   He steals the first shirt out of the dryer before I can fold it .. every time .. to curl up on for a nap.  I was glad he chose a color this time that would make him stand out for a change :)   He does have beautiful eyes.  From the moment I saw him those big green eyes stole my heart.