Should I Let My Cat's Sister Nurse Her Babies?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 7 litter boxes, and one in the pen with the kittens. Mama, and kittens all have homes to go to once they're 3 months old. It's been happening for about a week now. They didn't do it when I got her, just recently. So I'm not sure what changed to make them start doing it now. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to stop the peeing until the other cats go to their new home? I know there's sprays you can buy, but do they actually work?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was going to suggest Feliway, but I've never used it, so can't offer a review. There's at least 2 different kinds, so read the reviews before you buy.

There's also calming treats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Get a couple of Feliway plug-ins. They are not cheap but they work well to calm cats.

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help!! My two male cats are missing! My grey, and white one left Saturday night, and hasn't been back, and my long haired tabby one went missing Sunday day. We opened a window real quick to put a cord though, and they both ran out. Grey one left that night. Saw the tabby one around next day, but then he left too. Is there anything I can do to try to help find them? Or anything to help them find their way back home? I read put a little box out they've used so they'll smell it, and find their way home. I'm a wreck right now. Anything is helpful at this point. I've posted on my local groups on Facebook, Craigslist, called the shelters. I've walked around with food calling for them

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could rent a humane trap from your humane society (if they offer that service) or pick one up from a home depot or lowes or a feed supply store and try to trap them. Use stinky tuna and something that smells like home. You could place some used litter outside and maybe they will pick up the smell. Go outside at night and look for them, many times they are hiding very close by but too scared to come out.

Did you get the peeing issues resolved from earlier in the month?

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh ok thanks you guys! No I never did get the peeing stopped. The Mama I recued, and the babies have all found new homes, but they still pee. Last night one of the girls peed on the couch. I still have tons of litter boxes, and they're cleaned daily. One of the girl cats had sprayed on the side of the recliner too. I'm at a loss of what to do. I got that spray stuff, and it seemed to help for a little bit, but now it's happening again.

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Get some flea powder made for kittens. Don't put it on the kittens, but sprinkle it lightly in their bed underneath them and beneath their bedding, too. I have used this method many times, never had a kitten harmed by it and it helps, a lot.

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they're both neutered. No they haven't came home yet. :(

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need some help for a friend. She has a black female cat she rescued. She was pregnant, and when they were born 2 were black, and 1 was black with some light grey/white on most its body. As the kitten got older the white started subsiding til it looked smokey grey some. The cat came into heat a month and a half after having the babies. She slipped out, and got pregnant before she was due to be spayed. Now she just had 7 kittens 5 days ago and they're like black underneath, but all white on top. Some a little lighter, but all mostly pure white. What is this? I've heard someone mention before fever coat? Is it deadly, or dangerous to the kittens, or Mom? What should she do? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. She's scared something bad is going to happen to them.

Kayla70711

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't know why the picture is sideways, but these are our new rescued kittens. We got them from a rescue. They're both 3 almost4 months old. Litter mates. The top orange one is a boy, Simba, and the bottom one is a girl long haired tortie shell coat, Harley Quinn. She has a perfectly split in the middle face with half black, and half orange. Her body is black with orange coming through it in some places. They're both beautiful, and I'm absolutely in love. :)