Share Your Maine Coon Photos...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was a good idea getting Tiger used to different places early on. He probably doesn't immediately freak out when he sees the cat carrier. He'll just think he's going on an adventure.
No, he actually gets into it when he wants a bit of peace and quiet!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
here is my maine coon. she's currently 12.10 pounds (and that is pretty skinny for her. we've been trying to get her to gain some weight back. for awhile she was 11 pounds,
but in her younger years touched 15.10 pounds. she lost weight. she also has digestive/allergy issues. we think thought... turkey was to blame but we're not sure of that. she seems to have ibs/allergy something like that. she's also very very finicky about what she will eat or won't eat. it must be pate. no chunky shredded ect. it can't be fresh food that is identifable as a protein source. (seriously she'd die if she were in the wild or lost lol) she also does what we call the dairy explosion. if either of us have a dairy product. cheese, something with cream ect, she will get up and be super demanding for some. so you give her a little. 99 percent of the time she doesn't even lick it. she smells it and goes ERHMAHGERD DAIRY!!!! and does a run away from you at high speed lol. honestly not entirely sure what to make of that behavior. it smells good and then it doesn't? even the smell is sensation overload and she can't handle it? lol"
From these pics you can get an idea of her preferred posture. there must be a dangle paw! lol. she also does what we call the stretchy paw and we've come to understand it means want. that want can be various things from food outside time to lap time. she reaches one paw out towards you and opens her toes in a kneading motion in the air at you.

Haha she really does like that position!!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does a maine coon have a particular gait? Tiger walks like a big cat, I'm just not sure if it is because he hasn't grown into his legs yet, he kind of creeps around with his back legs bent and his tail is soo long!

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
L
Does a maine coon have a particular gait? Tiger walks like a big cat, I'm just not sure if it is because he hasn't grown into his legs yet, he kind of creeps around with his back legs bent and his tail is soo long!
LIKE this!

Though you can't really make out the length of his tail in that photo...

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he's a beautiful kitten! and drommie does have a different gait than the other cats. she kind of lumbers about. she's got a clydesdale type walk. we call her miss heavy foot. she doesn't have a silent gait at all. lol when she's really excited she starts prancing about like a parade horse. we call that "seabiscuiting"

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
regarding carriers. my siberian loves the carrier when no one is near it. he sleeps in it. but if you try to put him in it he'll climb you like a tree to get away. (and in practice that isn't as adorable as it sounds) and Dante will use it as a cave from which to predate.. but other than that no one likes a carrier lol

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Been away for a while due to work load but, the busy season is winding down! Thank God! Read more here Manny's Dna Test, My Absense And, Florence

I have a few MC photo's to post! Like mightyboosh mightyboosh I'll dribble them in a little at a time!

FaBEAR FaBEAR MC's do have that lope like a Tiger. I agree with mightyboosh mightyboosh , just call him a MC. No one will know the difference.

Here's a couple of Tama. He passed away in Feb. of 2017. The sweetest, laid back and, gentle cat you could ever meet. I still miss him very much!

8028c.015 (2).jpg 8029c.019 (2).jpg

SFGlam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are my Boys - Orville on the left, Wilbur on the right. They are 13, and I've had them since they were 5 weeks old :)

What handsome fellows Orville and Wilbur are! Here's a couple of photo's of my mothers neighbors cat. Bred at Megacoons cattery in Sanford NC. She's a cutie! She could almost pass as their sister! IMG_4842.JPG IMG_4838.JPG