Share A Story On How People Or Yourself Are Making A Differnce For Cats This Year

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, and this would be better coming from the men, within the community, at least at first: If the caring members of the community could appoach the Imams and Sheikhs and others who are greatly respected and influential, and discuss this subject with the thought of getting it more widely talked about in the masjid and at schools, etc., citing hadith and tradition, it might start something very good. Just suggesting.
You are right. But so many promises are made here and nothing happens. There is one amazing vet here from New Zealand who runs a charity and basically does the most work in animal rescue in the entire country and she is CONSTANTLY in talks with the ministry of agriculture and royal family members but still....nothing. She is an amazing person I have never known someone to work so hard and so many hours each day I could go on about her forever. Open paws Riyadh is her charity. But it’s illegal here to even ask for fundraising!! However I get away with it

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear that your mother has passed. She must have been a great woman and her compassion lives on with you ❤
Thank you. My parents were very good citizens and wonderful people. My dad was quite brilliant. My mom, in her own way, was quite wise. Both were very compassionate and caring people. That was their greatest of many gifts to me -- compassion.

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. My parents were very good citizens and wonderful people. My dad was quite brilliant. My mom, in her own way, was quite wise. Both were very compassionate and caring people. That was their greatest of many gifts to me -- compassion.
For me that’s the greatest gift you can give your children so you have been very lucky. I hope if I have a child that I will succeed in passing this on to them. I pity those who don’t seem to have compassion, it must not be a nice way to live

Last edited by a moderator:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are right. But so many promises are made here and nothing happens. There is one amazing vet here from New Zealand who runs a charity and basically does the most work in animal rescue in the entire country and she is CONSTANTLY in talks with the ministry of agriculture and royal family members but still....nothing. She is an amazing person I have never known someone to work so hard and so many hours each day I could go on about her forever. Open paws Riyadh is her charity. But it’s illegal here to even ask for fundraising!! However I get away with it
Yes, but the fact that respect and love for the cat IS rooted in tradition and recorded in hadith makes a powerful argument for people to talk about it again -- people sometimes do need to be reminded, as we all have so much to do and think about, but any society that respects tradition and tries to adhere to what it is taught regarding right and wrong is very possible to remind of important aspects of this. The traditions in many religions of spiritual scholarship and discussion lend themselves to this possibility. We must not give up on something so very important.