Secret Santa Discussion Thread

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I was the child who used to unwrap all my presents then wrap them back so my mom didn't notice......

Lol. I used to sneak into mums wardrobe and see everything before it was wrapped

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
C'mon you guys! Where's your sense of anticipation?!!
My friend's sister once unwrapped all the Christmas presents one year, decided what she'd like, and wrapped them up again giving herself those presents. She figured no one would know because the gifts all came from Santa, right?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

This afternoon I went to the post office to see if there were any restrictions to what I may/may not post.

Half the things I got already I can`t send

Some of it is quite understandable I guess, but the funnier things include;

Contraceptives
Lottery advertisements
Meat
Fish
Cream

and the one I don`t get at all;

Cotton items
I've found out the same this this last couple days!!!
Really threw the kabash on some of my gifts I was planning on sending out!! Well crappers man!!!

Originally Posted by pushylady

C'mon you guys! Where's your sense of anticipation?!!
My friend's sister once unwrapped all the Christmas presents one year, decided what she'd like, and wrapped them up again giving herself those presents. She figured no one would know because the gifts all came from Santa, right?
My sister used to unwrap then all too! She blamed it on her son! How wrong is that!?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

First, I've been on here for a little more than a year, so I HAVE to know how everyone knows everybodies real name? That amazes me.
Quite a few of the people posting are repeat participants in SS and you will get to know people's names just from that.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

actually it's just Katie, I made up a middle name since I don't have one

I will probably just put my name on mine. I'm not clever enough to come up with hints of any kind
You could always sign it with your cat's name or just include a picture of your cat as a hint.

Originally Posted by Taurus77

MMM...Hmmm. Seem as though the "light" side may prevail.
Ummmm.... NO! Not a chance!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I hope my SS likes my gifts. I'm going shopping next week. It's so hard to shop for someone you don't know in person, and what if they hate what i get?? OMG...FREAKING OUT!!!
OK, sit down and take a few deep breaths. You need to relax.
This is supposed to be fun. No one signs up for SS thinking they are going to receive the perfect gift. It's more about having fun and getting to know your fellow TCS members.

I was the child who used to unwrap all my presents then wrap them back so my mom didn't notice......
Right back at ya!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OM-gosh I did the same thing!!
I even remembered to bring the scotch tape to tape the present closed again. In the exact spot of course!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

OM-gosh I did the same thing!!
I even remembered to bring the scotch tape to tape the present closed again. In the exact spot of course!
Yep, that's exactly what I did!
Of course, I would never peek at my SS gift

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep, that's exactly what I did!
Of course, I would never peek at my SS gift
It's hard to peek when you are frantically tearing the box and wrapping open...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

It's hard to peek when you are frantically tearing the box and wrapping open...
Be careful, Jan! You don't want to accidentally tear open some chocolate!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Accidentally tearing open chocolate" - Like that will ever happen...

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And that would be bad why?
That just means you'd have to eat it right away!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of you impatient types!!! I will make sure to send my SS package R-E-A-L-L-Y late so if I am your SS, you won't be able to open your presents before Christmas!

The good news about what I just said was: notice the plural in "presents"!

Of course I always wait until Christmas morning to open my presents.

My friends just can't understand that when they send me a birthday or Christmas present I really don't open it before my birthday or until Christmas morning!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

No one signs up for SS thinking they are going to receive the perfect gift. It's more about having fun and getting to know your fellow TCS members.
But isn't it funny how you end up getting the perfect gift anyway? Even if it is something that you would have never thought of yourself, even if you didn't even know you wanted it - it's still just right! Like last year, Eddie (sashacat) sent me the most amazing perfume in vanilla & apricot. OK, I would have never in a million years picked that out for myself, but I LOVE it!! It's one of the only perfumes I've ever found that isn't a strong scent (like Patchouli) that maintains the scent, and it smells SO delicious! It was absolutely the perfect gift.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be sending mine sooner than later to be sure it gets there this year. Also, may be looking into some different stuff. Must
think, think, think.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

"Accidentally tearing open chocolate" - Like that will ever happen...
I would have no problem licking it off the package in that case.....

I went to petsmart last night and they had some cute little items on clearance so I did a bit of shopping for my SS's kitties!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

But isn't it funny how you end up getting the perfect gift anyway? Even if it is something that you would have never thought of yourself, even if you didn't even know you wanted it - it's still just right! Like last year, Eddie (sashacat) sent me the most amazing perfume in vanilla & apricot. OK, I would have never in a million years picked that out for myself, but I LOVE it!! It's one of the only perfumes I've ever found that isn't a strong scent (like Patchouli) that maintains the scent, and it smells SO delicious! It was absolutely the perfect gift.
Oh absolutely!
Your SS often shares one of their favorites with you and it turns into something you love.

For those of you that are starting your shopping now, I went to quite a few stores today (Michael's, Home Depot, Bed,Bath&Beyond, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Linens&Things and Tuesday Morning) that had plenty of nice things in their clearance sections for SS.
I bought myself a nice oil lamp for $1.50 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Oh absolutely!
Your SS often shares one of their favorites with you and it turns into something you love.

For those of you that are starting your shopping now, I went to quite a few stores today (Michael's, Home Depot, Bed,Bath&Beyond, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Linens&Things and Tuesday Morning) that had plenty of nice things in their clearance sections for SS.
I bought myself a nice oil lamp for $1.50 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Karen!!! You are suppose to be buying your SS gifts!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH was playing with Pushkin the other night, laughing at how crazy he was acting. I came to look at what got Pushy so excited and I see that DH had given him one of the toys I bought for SS! I'm like, "nooooo, he can't have that!!!" At least I know it was a hit, now I'll have to buy another.