Secret Santa Discussion Thread

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that I've done some more digging up, I have actually learned some interesting facts about my SS and come to appreciate our simliar experiences, personalities, likes and dislikes. I have been able to come up with some pretty good ideas so I hope that my SS will like my gifts.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WWWHHHHHEEEEEEEE!!! I just got the stuff to put together one part of my SS's "big gift".
So if I'm not here as much it's because I'm working on her prezzie!
I'm so excited!!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to list the contents of my parcel on the customs declaration, so my SS recipient will be able to find out exactly what's inside without opening it!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am working on something also and I am currently covered in glitter.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

I'll have to list the contents of my parcel on the customs declaration, so my SS recipient will be able to find out exactly what's inside without opening it!
I had the same problem when I shipped to Australia 2 years ago. Since most members will know that it is their SS, they won't read the contents and will open it instead.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I had the same problem when I shipped to Australia 2 years ago. Since most members will know that it is their SS, they won't read the contents and will open it instead.
I hope you are right because that would sure spoil the fun.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first year, my SS was from Australia. I was so excited to get something from Australia that I didn't even look at the customs form!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'm not the crafy type but you guys are making me feel bad for not making anything!
I like my SS too much to try to make something

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found some items in the clearance aisle at the local store and perfect for decorating.

Karen? I think I need some of that glitter!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our state fair starts this weekend and I'm planning to go at some point over the weekend or next week so maybe I can do some SS shopping at the arts and crafts vendors

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some sad sad news!! I bought chocolate over the weekend for my wonderful, exciting and ohhh so lovely person and I ATE IT!

Oh well I guess I will have to buy some more!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

They usually guess, or you can put hints in the box. Last year, Renovia put a tag on each gift that said stuff like "I majoRed in music in college, too." And all the capitals had to be taken out of all the messages and rearranged to say "From Stoli, Luxor and me." It was quite clever!!!!
When i sent mine out, I did a poem... I guess it was harder than I originally thought... I write poetry and fiction, so writing the poem was easy... but guessing who I was must've been a little more difficult!

I also su** at guessing, so whomever has my name, please make it easy on me! I was going by where they were (the address on the box), which was hard... so give me some hints! PLEASE?

Amanda

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Karen!!! You are suppose to be buying your SS gifts!!
You are a SS after my own heart!
My theory is "one for you, two for me"!

I mean really, if you don't like the present enough to keep it yourself, you shouldn't get it for your SS!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I have some sad sad news!! I bought chocolate over the weekend for my wonderful, exciting and ohhh so lovely person and I ATE IT!
That is a tragedy!