Secret Santa Discussion Thread

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't Oscarsmommy....doesn't even live in Chicago......oops; don't know where I found that she did
???????

I've sent a PM to person #2 (with a little help from MoochNNoodles
) with no response. I (by I, I mean me and MoochNNoodles
) think its possibly OllyExtra05.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to once again thank my SS... SIMS2FAN!!! for the extremely cool computerized dry food feeder. She also PMd me that there are a few things on the way that aren't from amazon.com, LOL, and they should be here today.

And I want to apologize profusely that my camera isn't compatible with my new computer, and I can't upload even camera photos with my new computer, but I'll figure something out. Maybe my kids will do it for me!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Wasn't Oscarsmommy....doesn't even live in Chicago......oops; don't know where I found that she did
???????

I've sent a PM to person #2 (with a little help from MoochNNoodles
) with no response. I (by I, I mean me and MoochNNoodles
) think its possibly OllyExtra05.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

What a nice ornament! You must take pictures!
You may have her. I have a couple people that want her, but you would be one of the first choices for her.
Friday some one came and got my favorite male, a seal named Kodiak, he was so soft and fluffy and the sweetest thing I miss him
They called me the next day and asked if they could buy Icey when I retired her, they loved her and had been wanting a blue point. They were so nice and only have the boy kitten, I think she would do well there too.
Here's my Smudge ornament!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I feel your pain...last year I put so much effort into my SS present, and the person posted that she got it, but never bothered to figure out it was me. No pictures, no nothin'.

This year my recipient was a total doll! I got the satisfaction of seeing pictures posted!
Last year mine was in such a rush and not on much and nothing got posted either.... !!!

Originally Posted by gemlady

I have yet to see my gifts posted - all three years of participation. But, at least I know they arrived safely and were appreciated.
I hope it doesn't happen again this year due to the darn thing not getting there! I sent it with more and than plenty of time!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe ok i can't wait anymore- my SS is Oscarsmommy!
My awesome SS package arrived today, just in time for Christmas....and with all the amazing hints inside- i knew it was her!
Awww we just love everything!!!
Thankyou Courtney!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you liked everything! I'm so glad it got there in time for Christmas too!

Have a Merry Christmas!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

And I want to apologize profusely that my camera isn't compatible with my new computer, and I can't upload even camera photos with my new computer, but I'll figure something out. Maybe my kids will do it for me!
Kim, I'm assuming that you have a memory card (probably either CF or SD) in your camera, since the internal memory doesn't hold many images at all on most cameras. If you have a card reader for that card (to be had for about $20 or less), it becomes a "removable drive" on your computer, and you can move the image files from the card to wherever you want on your computer, just like moving any other files from one drive/folder to another. No transfer software needed. You'll still need image editing software to do whatever editing you want to do, but that doesn't need to be what came with the camera.

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Here's my Smudge ornament!

Awesome ornament! I must say I'm grateful my lot have never succumbed to that temptation, though.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Kim, I'm assuming that you have a memory card (probably either CF or SD) in your camera, since the internal memory doesn't hold many images at all on most cameras. If you have a card reader for that card (to be had for about $20 or less), it becomes a "removable drive" on your computer, and you can move the image files from the card to wherever you want on your computer, just like moving any other files from one drive/folder to another. No transfer software needed. You'll still need image editing software to do whatever editing you want to do, but that doesn't need to be what came with the camera.

Awesome ornament! I must say I'm grateful my lot have never succumbed to that temptation, though.
Woo Hoo! Guess what! I got a new digital camera for Christmas. So my hubby can have the old camera. (that I loved...
) and I can take pics of the kitties! (Although I wish I'd thought of that. Probably less expensive than a new camera)

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I had forgotten about last year

Your SS may have gone a little overboard with the pics. I heard she even sent more to you in PM.
She did! And I loved every last one of them!

There's no such thing as too many pictures!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New cameras are always good!
Congratulations! I wish I could justify the expense. My current one is just fine, but I do covet a more uptodate one.

You can still use that transfer method anyway, and another thing about it is that if you take pictures while you are away from your own computer, you can view them on whatever computer is available to you, as long as it has a USB port and image software -- what computer doesn't these days.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my recipient has received her gift!
& likes it, altho she hasn't figured out i sent it - i guess i was too sneaky!

btw, i'm out of town, w/a hold on my mail. i'll post again when i get home to update y'all - but as of tuesday, i had not yet received a box

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My secret santa had a snooper pm me last Saturday saying it would go out on the 24th by priority, but it still hasn't arrived yet.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I was a little sad that my SS only posted to me in PM that she received it. She was very grateful but I would have liked to see some pictures. I really had difficulty getting her the best things. Maybe she's really busy. I know not all of us have time to post a lot.
Same for me. She didn't say anything till i pmd her, she is busy too but i'd really like pictures to be posted. No doubt certain toys are chewed through now and not photogenic

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I'm getting a little perturbed,
I havn't been guessed as a SS nor has my SS recipient posted very much.

Anyone else feeling lonely?
I'm sad because mine hasn't gotten hers yet.
I sent December 11 Priority Mail!