Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting... for my SS package to reach its destination and for my gifts to arrive...

Did get in an order that I should have got in earlier. I have made up some lovely items with the supplies.
May have to work on items for the next exchange. :nod:

I am glad I was able to get my package out because this evening my mood has probably been shot for the rest of the month.

Timing is everything.
:hugs:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
And it's off!

One bout of insomnia was apparently all I needed to finish the last part ad get it packed up.

Made it to the post office and got the package out this afternoon so it's on its way to you right now....with any luck you should see it around the end of next week.

...now's the part where I sit here on pins and needles worried that you're not going to like it.

Last edited:

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Santee,

Everything is packed and ready to go. I had so much fun shopping for you. I really hope you like everything!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   My SS package went out Tuesday, they said should arrive Monday, but we know how dependable the US postal service is when it comes to on time arrivals

Hope you and your kitties enjoy as much as I did putting it together!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad I was able to get my package out because this evening my mood has probably been shot for the rest of the month.

Timing is everything.

And it's off!

One bout of insomnia was apparently all I needed to finish the last part ad get it packed up.

Made it to the post office and got the package out this afternoon so it's on its way to you right now....with any luck you should see it around the end of next week.

...now's the part where I sit here on pins and needles worried that you're not going to like it.
I'm at the pins and needles stage, too. 

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cranky, cranky, cranky. I had to file an inquiry on my SS package as it is STILL showing it hasn't left the province. An inquiry takes another 5-10 days and it should have been delivered 2 days ago! NOT impressed Canada Post! I'm trying SS. Here's hoping they figure it out and it gets to you soon.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear my lovely SS,

I have shipped your parcel(s)
 I estimate it/they will take about a week to arrive.I hope you love all the gifts and especially the locally made ____________ !!!
 x

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Cranky, cranky, cranky. I had to file an inquiry on my SS package as it is STILL showing it hasn't left the province. An inquiry takes another 5-10 days and it should have been delivered 2 days ago! NOT impressed Canada Post! I'm trying SS. Here's hoping they figure it out and it gets to you soon.
Ugh. Canada Post's fine when it works but when it breaks down it's just a pain. hopefully they find you box sooner rather than later. They scared me with yours last year - it vanished into the ether (and the tracking number stopped working on the site) for 24 hours.

I'm at the pins and needles stage, too. 
I'm glad it's not just me.

I'm always so happy and excited about everything, then about an hour after I send it I think "OMG what if they hate it?!" 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mailed my package yesterday.  Oh wait....I'm living vicariously thru you all this year and am not actually participating in Secret Santa!  Silly me.  Well...I DID mail a Christmas package yesterday, and would you believe it, when I walked into the Post Office, there was no one in line!  I should have gone straight from the Post Office to buy a lottery ticket!!!!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh dear. I can't mail the package today as promised.  I'm going to a cat show this weekend.  What if I find something my Santee just can't live without?!?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting... for my SS package to reach its destination and for my gifts to arrive...
Did get in an order that I should have got in earlier. I have made up some lovely items with the supplies.
May have to work on items for the next exchange. :nod:
:hugs:
Its not here yet!

And it's off!
One bout of insomnia was apparently all I needed to finish the last part ad get it packed up.:rolleyes:

...now's the part where I sit here on pins and needles worried that you're not going to like it.:anon: :lol3:
I will keep my eyes peeled for it to arrive :clap:

Cranky, cranky, cranky. I had to file an inquiry on my SS package as it is STILL showing it hasn't left the province. An inquiry takes another 5-10 days and it should have been delivered 2 days ago! NOT impressed Canada Post! I'm trying SS. Here's hoping they figure it out and it gets to you soon. :sigh:
That's ok, none of my own mail is getting to me lately anyways, so we'll just add yours to the list!

Oh dear. I can't mail the package today as promised.  I'm going to a cat show this weekend.  What if I find something my Santee just can't live without?!?
Of course! There are TONS of things at cat shows that I can't live without!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Secret Santa Santee;

I'm sorry I've not been around much these last couple of months. But, despite everything that has been going on, I have not forgotten about you and your kitties (or, is it just one kitty?) -- your package should go out this coming Tuesday. But, I wonder how long it will take to get to you.

Before I got sick, I had picked up __________ and a __________ for you. Then, today, I was at __________ and found something that I think will be perfect for your __________. I'm hoping you like it as I was trying to think of something to go with your __________. I still have some __________ to get, but that will come later this weekend. And, tomorrow, I'm all set to buy __________ and __________ (and, maybe even some __________). 

I feel badly that I wasn't able to be more devious this year. But, please know I was thinking of you and that I hope you like everything I send.

Sincerely;

Your SS

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You do realize that if you read this thread carefully, there are clues on who your SS may be!! If you haven't received a package yet but get one soon, look at who has shipped recently. And if you've gotten a package, you can rule out those that are just starting to ship.

Just saying...............

;)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
You do realize that if you read this thread carefully, there are clues on who your SS may be!! If you haven't received a package yet but get one soon, look at who has shipped recently. And if you've gotten a package, you can rule out those that are just starting to ship.

This made me smile - I think I out myself every year.

SS is one of those things I love about this time of year - I'm usually burnt out from work but still get a kick out of checking the mail every day and seeing what everyone got.

...and I officially think mail tracking numbers were invented to dive people like me crazy...I need to check exactly when my box hit certain points of its trip.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a slip saying there is a package for me at the post office! But I am facing a weekend of desperation since I was too late today and the PO is closed Sunday and Monday, AND I am actually expecting three packages - one SS ( I hope!), one from my mother that I know has been posted and something I ordered myself. So lots of nail-biting till Tuesday morning. I can't bear it.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
;)
Unless they are just saying they mailed it when they haven't, or pretend to be mailing soon when it was sent days ago :nod: Lots of sneaky people around here! :lol3:

Looks like my foster cat Sassy will still be with us for the holidays. Her house is not going to be completed on schedule (again) but that's ok, I'm sure Riley and Xander will share their gifts with her :D