Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Anyone would be honored to have you as their SS.
awwww. Thanks

Originally Posted by Catkiki

It is the same with me too.... but I think my Santee will like the stuff I get. I just need to get shopping.
I do believe we worry too much. I just love everything about SS, I love the playing around, the mail foolery, etc..... and it just feels different this year because last year I was care free and able to spend the extra for multiple mailings, etc. This year, it's a lot tighter, but......

I'm sure your Santee will like what you put in your package.

It truly is the thought that counts

I admit I have debated on whether or not I could pull off SS "to my satisfaction" to my Santee. She is a wonderful and amazing woman, whom I am sooooo happy to have received as a recipient. For that reason alone, I decided to quit worrying, and make sure my Santee enjoys herself this year.
It may not be much, and I can't really do the sneaking around this year, but the meaning behind everything, I hope you understand that it comes from deep within.

So I have some ideas for you, Santee, and will get started on them asap.
I have to look through the hints thread and see if you've posted yet.

To my SantA:
I am sorry my hints are not up, but they will be soon. I will try to this weekend, if not, I'm afraid it won't be untill late in the week as I have a busy busy week ahead.

I will let you know that my hints will be the same mainly as last year, aside from needing more practical things (like some cat food would be great, rather than treats) and I don't know that I will be on the dark side this year.
The gift I receive from you will be the only gift I receive for Christmas this year, so I may wait untill Christmas to open it.

Please please leave instructions if there is edibles (YUM) in it, and I will open the outer package prior to Christmas and get the edibles out of it, saving the rest for Christmas day.

Happy Santa'ing everyone.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To my SS...I am sorry I haven't posted in the Hints thread yet, but this week has been exhausting...so I will work on it today. I'm sorry, but I am just tired all the time and I don't know what is wrong with me.

It could be the fact that between work and constant cleaning with no one to help me I just am no longer motivated.

It sucks living alone!

Hmmm....for Christmas I would like a man who is good to me and wants to be with me! ROFL.....I know...wishful thinking.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

To my SS...I am sorry I haven't posted in the Hints thread yet, but this week has been exhausting...so I will work on it today. I'm sorry, but I am just tired all the time and I don't know what is wrong with me.

It could be the fact that between work and constant cleaning with no one to help me I just am no longer motivated.

It sucks living alone!

Hmmm....for Christmas I would like a man who is good to me and wants to be with me! ROFL.....I know...wishful thinking.
I am thinking that your last comment doesn't exist, or is luckily taken by some amazing woman.

But yup to all your comments, same here.

( are you affected by SAD perhaps? I just wondered with your being tired/motivation comment..... you sound like me hun, and I suffer SAD kinda....they don't really diagnose it that way since I suffer chronic depression anyways, but it is always worse during fall/winter due to lack of sunlight, and the holidays)

SORRY for the sidetrack

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I am thinking that your last comment doesn't exist, or is luckily taken by some amazing woman.

But yup to all your comments, same here.

( are you affected by SAD perhaps? I just wondered with your being tired/motivation comment..... you sound like me hun, and I suffer SAD kinda....they don't really diagnose it that way since I suffer chronic depression anyways, but it is always worse during fall/winter due to lack of sunlight, and the holidays)

SORRY for the sidetrack
I'd have to look it up. I suffer from minor depression based on just trying to figure out how to live my life since what I knew is all gone.

Now, I do suffer from migraines and our workload is increasing and on top of everything else I am sure that has a lot to do with it. I used to look forward to things in life, but now I'm just simply too tired. This has been going on for a few years - since I first started taking care of my parents. I just feel old and have no zest for life anymore.

I don't know what it is like to be pain free anymore. So I just deal with it the best I can.

I think my comment exist, but very difficult to find. lol

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No man needed, I just want a maid!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...Hmmm....for Christmas I would like a man who is good to me and wants to be with me! ROFL.....I know...wishful thinking.
Me tooooooooooooooooo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone provide that for $20 U.S. and ship him to me
? I will make it worth your while

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Person

Me tooooooooooooooooo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone provide that for $20 U.S. and ship him to me
? I will make it worth your while
Deal!

As soon as I find one...I will let you know. It is only a matter of time....

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started shopping for my victim err I mean giftee yesterday
I didnt go out to shop especialy but just saw something and thought wow thats cute
So I'm happy now things are on the move

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started, too. This year is a real challenge - maybe the most difficult SS I have done, but I am getting a little group of things together. There is a __________ and a ___________ that I am sure will be useful, and just for fun I found a _________ and an unbreakable_________ that will travel well. Now I want to add some___________ to give a homey touch and maybe a ______ from the region. And anything else I can think of!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can provide the man/maid. Lol I will 'rent' him out. He's handy. Does car work, lawns, home maintenance, makes grilled cheese, loves cats and gives good foot rubs. Downside......you have to ignore his random grumpiness. Lol and I want him back. Lol for all the whining I can do about df he really is a handy person to have around lol. And he cleans really well...just don't expect clothes in laundry baskets. Its a downfall of his makeup.

Dear SS
Im ________ a ________ and its perfect to share. I think it will be right up your alley of likes.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I can provide the man/maid. Lol I will 'rent' him out. He's handy. Does car work, lawns, home maintenance, makes grilled cheese, loves cats and gives good foot rubs. Downside......you have to ignore his random grumpiness. Lol and I want him back. Lol for all the whining I can do about df he really is a handy person to have around lol. And he cleans really well...just don't expect clothes in laundry baskets. Its a downfall of his makeup.

Dear SS
Im ________ a ________ and its perfect to share. I think it will be right up your alley of likes.

Hahaha....OMG. That is hilarious!

There are times I wish I had a man around to help me with things I can't do on my own...like fixing things in and around the house, or where I simply need that extra strength from a man.

I get so frustrated sometimes because it is hard to do everything on your own.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangeishcat

Dear Santee,
There is a place near where I live that sells ALL SORTS of cat-related wonderfulness! But that's only part of what's coming your way...
Nothing sinister, just a homemade experiment!!
Are you talking about Gatos by chance? I'm heading up there sometime soon to find some cool cat things! If you mean Barkery, it has nothing compared to Gatos.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To my recipient: I haven't been shopping this weekend. I have an ocular migraine that has been building all week and just won't go away. But I haven't forgotten you. I am going to start searching for a __________ soon. I also need to look in my Secret Santa trunk (yes, there is such a thing) for something you might like.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear_________, today me & my DH had a nice conversation about thoughts for what we would do for you for Christmas. So, we descided on ______, __________, & ________! There will be many other things too, but for the beginning stage, I think we are on track. This week when we go to _________ I will pick up _______ to make your _________. I hope you will like everything!
I love SS!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or too busy having their brain eaten away by a mystery picture LOL!!!!

Plussssssss Im _________ a __________ for my santee..inside my head its spectacular so it better be that way in person.