Sebastian, the feline love of my life

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 when I was asked if I wanted a clipping, the practical person in me said, "What am I really going to do with a clipping of his fur?" So I declined, and now I kind of regret it. All I have is what remains in his brushes and what I find during my cleaning. Did you save a clipping? What did you do with it?
And with that gorgeous hair Sebastian had, didn't you find plenty in the brushes and cleaning?

I got some from the Rogue's last brushing... I put it in a little plastic baggie, and anchored it with his urn (so the baggie isn't accidentally knocked down when someone runs like crazy over my bedside table, which happens frequently). I know the bedside table isn't the healthiest place for someone's ashes, but it's the most respectful one I have.

How are Caesar and Boo doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh....using the hair clipping in a scrapbook is a great idea! I've never been much of a scrapper. Okay, I'm not a scrapper. 
  (Are they still called that?)  I think seeing a clipping of his fur would make me very emotional. Sebastian was so soft and beautiful. There is still plenty of his hair in the brushes, but it is the fluffy undercoat that looks grayish and like cotton. Still soft, but it's not a nice straight clipping. I should have gotten a clipping from his tail. That's where his hair was the longest.

Caesar is doing better. Still on the appetite stimulant, but we sometimes go as much as five days (standard dose is every three days). He's much better than he was. I made a custom blend of Bach's flower essences specifically for grief/depression and restoring vitality and an interest in life. It really seems to help in that regard, although he hates getting it for those five seconds when I give it.

Boo is Boo. He adapts well to pretty much anything. But he's an old man (16+) and has old man problems. 
  Hanging in there, though.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never done a scrapbook either before Angel, but I think part of why I started it was because I'm such a photographer, and it was a way to show all the pictures of him I had taken. Then, the crafty/ creative part of me did the rest. I started it years ago, and was just always adding to it. .

Thats great you made a Bach blend for Caesar. Do you have the chart for pets? If not, let me know, because I do. I can always take a picture of it for you. ;).
Back when I was a buyer at a co-op, that was one of my accounts I ordered for in my dpt. So it was nice to have that chart. I have quite a few of the flower esscence still myself. A dozen, I think.
Sometimes, I forget I have them though.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly and Nicole,

I am glad to hear that both of you are feeling a bit better.It is so hard when you have loved a kitty so very much that your heart is broken. I want to give both of you praise for being able to share so much. It does take a lot of time to almost feel like yourself again. My real name is Barbara, and I am sending both of you love healing and total understanding.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy  I'm glad you did, too. I know what you mean, I don't think Sidney smelled quite the same at the end, either. I'd hope her fur clipping would retain her smell for me a bit but unfortunately it didn't really.

I've never done scrapbooking before, either! But I just had to do one for Sidney. I wrote in little notes of memories and quirks about her so I'd always remember them. I think it was therapeutic although I was in tears while making most of it. I love having it to look back on now.

I have some old hairs of Sidney's from her brush, too. That's okay too, you should save them if you want to. Its still a nice reminder that way. :) Its go to hear that Caesar and Boo are doing ok, too.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly and Nicole,
         I am glad to hear that both of you are feeling a bit better.It is so hard when you have loved a kitty so very much that your heart is broken. I want to give both of you praise for being able to share so much. It does take a lot of time to almost feel like yourself again. My real name is Barbara, and I am sending both of you love healing and total understanding.

Aww, thanks so much Barbara. Hugs back to you too.:)

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great you made a Bach blend for Caesar. Do you have the chart for pets? If not, let me know, because I do. I can always take a picture of it for you.
Back when I was a buyer at a co-op, that was one of my accounts I ordered for in my dpt. So it was nice to have that chart. I have quite a few of the flower esscence still myself. A dozen, I think.
Sometimes, I forget I have them though.
Thanks for the offer. I do have the chart, and I also studied all the full descriptions for each flower essence so that I could understand what Caesar needed. I realized too late that I should have been taking the same blend! 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Kelly and Nicole,

Thank you, Barbara.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the offer. I do have the chart, and I also studied all the full descriptions for each flower essence so that I could understand what Caesar needed. I realized too late that I should have been taking the same blend!  :rolleyes:

Awww, yes, you should be taking the same blend. ;). Glad you have the chart too! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Nicole,

I hope you are feeling better. I think of you and Sebastian often,the video of you and him really touched me. I understand what you are dealing with. Please keep posting. Sending healing and love your way.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, @kittylove53. Your kind words mean a lot! 

I seemed to have taken a step backward, and I'm trying to deal with it. I guess that's really all I can say right now.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, @kittylove53
. Your kind words mean a lot!  :hugs:

I seemed to have taken a step backward, and I'm trying to deal with it. I guess that's really all I can say right now.
The good & bad days do alternate sometimes. I hope you will start having more good days soon.
I'm thinking of you, & sending big hugs!! :hugs::hugs:

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sorry to hear that... can you not step forward again? You're my role model of dealing with the loss of a loved one - you can do it.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear to hear you've been having some bad days, goholistic goholistic . It is so hard to grieve; I still have sad patches over our "previous" cat, who was with us for 12 years and has been gone for more than two. That despite our two "present" cats, who are just as dear. I hope you start having more days that are less sad but also know my sadness still shows me a lot.

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, all.  
  So sorry for the delay.

Without realizing it at the time, Sebastian must have been the glue keeping it all together in our home. It's been three months since my feline love left this world, and these past few weeks have not been easy. As I mentioned before, Caesar was severely depressed for two months following Sebastian's passing (fortunately, we made it through and he's doing much better). My old boy Boo is now falling apart and within the past month has been diagnosed with CKD, IBD, and just today Restrictive Cardiomyopathy (left ventricle free wall hypocontractility) for which we started heart meds. Then there's me...trying to get through it all.

I was so dedicated to being there for Sebastian, doing anything and everything I could to give him the best quality of life possible. He needed me. Well, it has hit me quite hard recently how much I also need[ed] him. When I was stressed or upset or had a bad day at work or annoyed with people, Sebastian made it all go away. Ironically, even with part of my stress being his caretaker, it was still his bright and beautiful personality that took that stress away. As soon as I would walk through the door after a long day, Sebastian was there...tail up, talking, rubbing...so happy. It was like my bad day might as well not even existed at all. It really sucks to lose something like that in your life.

So now, with Bastie no longer around, I default to playing the piano. It has a similar effect. Here's a song I am working on (starts slow and gets faster)...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nicole,

I am so sorry to hear about Boo, & that you have been having a hard time. I know that you will give him the best care, & do everything you can for him. He is blessed to have you for a mom. 

That piano piece is beautiful!!  I wish I could play. I love the piano. I used to dance back in school, & often think If I could play the piano, I could express that same emotion through playing as I did in dance. 

I sing, but have never played any instruments.  I know that playing will be therapeutic for you. Keep playing!  Just imagine Sebastian there with you as you play, as I'm sure he is. Hopefully that will bring you comfort.

You are in my thoughts & prayers. Sending you love, comfort, peace & BIG FAT HUGGS!!! 

Kelly

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Nicole,

I am so sorry to hear about Boo, & that you have been having a hard time. I know that you will give him the best care, & do everything you can for him. He is blessed to have you for a mom. 

That piano piece is beautiful!!  I wish I could play. I love the piano. I used to dance back in school, & often think If I could play the piano, I could express that same emotion through playing as I did in dance. 

I sing, but have never played any instruments.  I know that playing will be therapeutic for you. Keep playing!  Just imagine Sebastian there with you as you play, as I'm sure he is. Hopefully that will bring you comfort.

You are in my thoughts & prayers. Sending you love, comfort, peace & BIG FAT HUGGS!!! 

Kelly
Thank you, Kelly. 
  I couldn't imagine not being able to play the piano. It is therapy....for many things. And if I'm already happy, then it just makes me happier. 
  It's never too late to learn! I've got the cello on my bucket list of instruments to learn.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you, all.  
  So sorry for the delay.

Without realizing it at the time, Sebastian must have been the glue keeping it all together in our home. It's been three months since my feline love left this world, and these past few weeks have not been easy. As I mentioned before, Caesar was severely depressed for two months following Sebastian's passing (fortunately, we made it through and he's doing much better). My old boy Boo is now falling apart and within the past month has been diagnosed with CKD, IBD, and just today Restrictive Cardiomyopathy (left ventricle free wall hypocontractility) for which we started heart meds. Then there's me...trying to get through it all.

I was so dedicated to being there for Sebastian, doing anything and everything I could to give him the best quality of life possible. He needed me. Well, it has hit me quite hard recently how much I also need[ed] him. When I was stressed or upset or had a bad day at work or annoyed with people, Sebastian made it all go away. Ironically, even with part of my stress being his caretaker, it was still his bright and beautiful personality that took that stress away. As soon as I would walk through the door after a long day, Sebastian was there...tail up, talking, rubbing...so happy. It was like my bad day might as well not even existed at all. It really sucks to lose something like that in your life.

So now, with Bastie no longer around, I default to playing the piano. It has a similar effect. Here's a song I am working on (starts slow and gets faster)...
Wow that is absolutely beautiful! It has so much feeling in it. I'm always impressed by people who can play an instrument and even more when they can write songs.