Searching For A Grain Free Wet Food, Without Chicken In It's Ingredient.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should have kept my other thread simple, so I figured I start another; I'm asking for assistance in finding a grain free wet food, as well as a dry food, without chicken!

TIA!

Pops

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Elseys Clean Protein Turkey
Hound and Gatos Rabbit
Rawz - check their flavors
Evangers Premium Quail Dinner

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dave's and Red Barn make some great quality, affordable chicken free wet canned foods.

Instinct LID comes in Turkey or Rabbit in both dry and wet.

American Journey Turkey canned

Merrick LID in both wet and dry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blue Wilderness is what I feed.

Just get the non-chicken varieties.

BLUE Wilderness® High-Protein, Grain-Free Cat Food | Blue Buffalo

They are all grain-free and high quality. No chicken or by-products. Pricier too of course.

They offer both wet and dry.
I hate to tell you but they have only 3 canned varieties that are chicken free. None of their dry foods are. They jam their foods with chicken and peas and potatoes and label it a different protein so they can charge more. It’s pretty medium quality stuff for what they charge it for these days. Blue used to be good stuff. Wish it didn’t become about the profits and advertising. ;(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check out independent pet stores, too, if there are any in your area. Some brands aren't sold in chain stores like Petco and Petsmart. You may have to order food online if you can't find a local store that sells it.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Check out independent pet stores, too, if there are any in your area. Some brands aren't sold in chain stores like Petco and Petsmart. You may have to order food online if you can't find a local store that sells it.

Thanks! I have couple independent Pet Shops, but will check again, see what they have. One of the stores, their prices are very high. Don't know how they stay in business!

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has any oneseen petfooled ?
I heard this documentary mention before. Just checked on Amazon, read a few reviews. Now I'm scared to watch it!

Poops, I mean, Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Santi? Is he eating his dinner like a good boy? :)
OK, gotta catch some Z's, just got finished watching "Instant Family". Geez, got started, then decided to watch the whole dang movie. Even though I worked 40 hours in THREE DAYS! Yeah, 14 hours on Friday night, 14 hours on Saturday night, and 12 hours on Sunday night! I knew I shouldn't have started this movie!

Oh, Santi's doing well. His red on the front, and the back of his left side's cleared. Well, we kind of cheated, cause DOC gave him a shot a few weeks ago! ... lol

This kid eats everything in site, I guess he remembers being hungry for the time before I stepped in! But man can this kid eat! I gotta figure his weight thing, cause he's getting to be a chubbah Bubbah kid!

Thanks for asking!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is Santi eating for food these days? Get some good sleep, and then come back and tell me if you have time. I need some new food ideas for my two ruffians. :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always check the ingredients for chicken meal, chicken broth, and chicken fat. I don't get it, they can get the same things from duck and charge more for it so the company could still make the money.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is Santi eating for food these days? Get some good sleep, and then come back and tell me if you have time. I need some new food ideas for my two ruffians. :)
I haven't really changed his food, yet! I took out chicken, but I've been keeping him on the Turkey, Salmon and Tuna flavors. To cut the chicken (first ingredient) in the Dr. Elsey's CleanProtein dry, and been keeping him on the Salmon.

I'll be making some changes, as been suggested in this thread. I opened one bag of the Salmon a week ago, and have one more 2 lb bag left.

I'm really not looking forward to buying food, only to turn around, to return the stuff! ... :sigh:

Calvin was the hardest of my dogs, when we (DOC and me) initiated our/my attempt to find him a food which would work with his stomach issues. But the thing with all of my previous dogs, aside form one instance where Baby (75 lb Pit Bull) didn't like the food I tried for her. They all ate very well, no problems. For example, when I fed them dry, I boiled the large tray of skinless chicken breast, cubed first (approx. six cubes per breast), then stored in the freezer. Took out two to three cubes (depending on the cube's size), nuked it, then added in their dish. Cleaned their bowl shinny, almost didn't have to wash the dang thing, it was so clean! ... :insertevillaugh:

We finally landed on Royal Canin LI Venison and Potato (canned food). Due to supply issues from not acquiring the venison. I started each month with four cases of the stuff. Cost on RC LI Venison was $87.00 or so, to $100.00 bucks per case.

I did try other brand's version of their Venison formula. but they did have the consistency like the RC.

Comparing the cost to cat food though, RC had nothing on it! ... :insertevillaugh:

Nuff, complaining! I'll figure something out for the kid! ... :thumbsup:

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always check the ingredients for chicken meal, chicken broth, and chicken fat. I don't get it, they can get the same things from duck and charge more for it so the company could still make the money.
Yup, who knows what these executives are thinking!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to try a limited ingredient dry food on my two. I'll see what I can find. Dr. Elsey's is probably too expensive for me though. Would you believe that with the billion different cat foods I've tried on them, I have never returned a single thing. I wasted a lot of money throwing stuff out.