Ridgeback Cat

Aubreysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anybody seen a cat with a ridgeback mark down their back ?

Tippi as one , I've looked on the internet and I can find no information about cats who have a ridge on their back.

All I can find is information on Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

Its not always clear to see on Tippi , but this morning I took these pictures and they clearly show the ridge down her back.

Is this a common feature in DSH cats ?

Proud new Mom of Aubrey. She's a 1yr+ Tortie with a distictive ridge down her back, her face and front paw are light on the right and face and front paw on the left are dark.
I've never seen this before on a cat either. We adopted her only recently and plan to take her to the vet for her first appointment. I'll ask the vet about this and post anything I find out.

Attachments

catdragon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been blessed with 2 Ridgeback cats and they are related. Mischief is a Calico with a ridge that I first noticed after she had kittens. We rescued the whole lot as she picked a really bad place to birth. When the kittens were little only one showed any kind of ridge. Taco is a little girl with lots of attitude and a ridge that really stands out. Taco has grown to be a bigger cat than her mother and still has attitude. She looks more like a tabby but is a 3 color cat. Mischief had 5 kittens 4 boys and 1 girl. Entertaining thing 3 of them were the tabby 3 color cats and the other 2 were marmalade and white tabbies. (We lost 2 of the after they were grown up, 1 of the calico boys and the only long hair boy).
Mischief's ridge only rises a little bit but is always there. Taco's ridge is much more pronounced and is very expressive. Taco's coat is heavier than her mother and her remaining calico brother which explains why it shows better