Rest in peace, my little worm

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, looks like Lucky loved his mouse toy. Very cute. Try to remember the good times with him :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
He was 15 here. He loved to play pretty much up until the time he got sick. I try to remind myself that he only had about 2.5 weeks of bad out of the over 16 years we had him. He was quite an energetic little boy! Slowed down a bit as he aged, but definitely still energetic.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I know you've been visiting me lately, Lucky. I think it's in my dreams, because I know there's no other way it would feel so real. It wasn't just a passive visit either - I saw you, talked to you, you talked back. A couple days this last week, at least. I even remember seeing you and thinking you were visiting me.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. This last week, which is why I think you were visiting me. I know it's gotten easier - at least in terms of the amount of time I think about your not being here, and the amount of time I cry. But I wonder if I'll get to the point where I won't cry anymore. Ah well.

I miss you boy! More than you know. Losing you has changed me in ways losing other never did.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I know you've been visiting me lately, Lucky. I think it's in my dreams, because I know there's no other way it would feel so real. It wasn't just a passive visit either - I saw you, talked to you, you talked back. A couple days this last week, at least. I even remember seeing you and thinking you were visiting me.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. This last week, which is why I think you were visiting me. I know it's gotten easier - at least in terms of the amount of time I think about your not being here, and the amount of time I cry. But I wonder if I'll get to the point where I won't cry anymore. Ah well.

I miss you boy! More than you know. Losing you has changed me in ways losing other never did.
I'm glad Lucky is visiting you.  I've only been visited once in my dreams, by Milo, and our interactions were as real as if I were awake.  It was such a wonderful visit - a chance to have one more time together.  I hope you have many more visits from Lucky to help comfort you. 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad your sweet boy is looking out for you. Seeing the video of him and Sara playing was so cute but I have to admit I shed a few tears. I wish they could be with us forever.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I wish they could be with us forever too. But then I have to remember there's so many out there that need homes - that's why I adopted Pea-Pea to honor Lucky's memory. I had thought about getting another one after Sara died, but the house was peaceful for the moment. After Lucky died, the kittens were trying to play with the older ones, and now they aren't doing that because they have Pea-Pea.

And it was so weird, how in those dreams I knew he was just visiting, though I don't think I knew it was a dream. It wasn't like I was dreaming of him being alive, but he was indeed real there. And awhile back (maybe a couple of weeks ago), I was petting his little face on the photo blanket I have, and I SWEAR I heard him purring. And it was HIS purr. I even looked around to see if any of the other kitties were in the room, and they weren't. I didn't hear the purr again but I know he was letting me know he was around then too.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe it's been a year already. I swear it feels like I took you in for your last vet visit just yesterday. I remember it like it happened yesterday too. A year. A whole damn year.

I miss Lucky so much.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
These anniversaries are always so hard.  I remember when Lucky passed - it doesn't seem that long ago.  May he visit you in your dreams again so you can be together once more.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Lucky! He was blessed to have 16 years of love and a wonderful home.  You were blessed to have him in your life. These anniversaries bring up all the buried feelings we have, some sweet, some horrible. We just have to hang on to the fact that we shared something that was precious, and that as long as we are alive to remember, we will always have a bond with those sweet little angels and will always receive and return the love they send us.  RIP little one, you will always be held tenderly in the heart of the one who loves you so very much!  

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I miss him quite a bit. He was just so... lovable. I think about how things started for him in his life, and how we ended up getting him (it's quite awful actually how we ended up getting him) and you would think he would hate people as a result. But nope, he was a hippie cat, lol. That's the only way I can describe it. And BOY did he love his catnip.

I bought some catnip pillows and a catnip pad (there's a lady that makes them) at the cat shelter fundraiser I went to yesterday. Oscar and Oliver have been having quite a fun time with it. I can only imagine how Lucky would have been with it. He'd probably be on his back staring at the ceiling by this point, lol.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not in this thread, but it is in the little biography I have of him (in my signature).