Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to pick up the pregnant tuxedo, Harriet today... The lady had her spayed last week. And didn't think it was important to tell me. Sigh. So not pregnant anymore. Although I am sure our pregnant cat room will not stay empty for long!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, geez. Do you know how far along she was?

I'm sure you'll be full again in no time flat. Take advantage of the breather!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH...I hate that, but...so many kittens, so few homes. Perhaps for the best. Harsh, but for the best. Time to sit down for 10 minutes before the next onslaught!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We still got her. Probably far enough along that I would not have been comfortable spaying. What is done is done, one less litter of homeless kittens I suppose. I have been notified of a pregnant calico at a construction site. So the breather may not be too long lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love calicos! I had one I adopted at 5 weeks who lived to be 21. I still miss her!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GET HER! OH PLEASE GET HER! Well, you know how I am about tri-colored cats! Even my Hekitty has a bit of white on her. Keeps the fire spirits out of the house.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The people that we got Harriet the tuxedo from (the one that was pregnant but they spayed and didn't tell me) they really want her back. She wasn't theirs before- someone dropped her off at their house. They got pretty bonded to her while she was there, they cried when we came and got them. And she did have her spayed, so we probably will be bringing her back to them.
Everyone's spays and neuters went well today! We took a few cats from other rescue groups so we took a total of 10 cats for their spays and neuters! 5 of which were ours. We also transported a Siamese mom and 2 kittens to a rescue in that area. Today was completely exhausting but everyone is home and eating/recovering and I of course am at work running on 3 hours of sleep lol.
I am going to contact the lady about the pregnant mom and see what is going on with her and if we can come get her asap.
Today the 7 kittens are going to rescue, and we are meeting another rescue that works primarily with feral cats- they have a sanctuary for ferals. We are actually going to trade them cats- one of our fosters Cruella, I am not sure if I have mentioned her on here before but she is a tuxedo who has been here for a couple of months and we have not had any success with socializing her and with all of these kittens I really don't have time. She will be going to them and they are going to work with her and we are going to take in one of their very friendly cats that someone abandoned on their property. I don't have a picture but they said it is a dilute calico. So another busy busy day- as per the usual. Fingers crossed it all goes smooth sailing!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's cool they want their kitty back. I hope that happens.

Two possible calicos! Wow! :)

Glad all spays & neuters went well.

Hope you get some sleep tomorrow!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so the calico I was supposed to get today from the other rescue ended up not coming due to a more urgent case coming in so instead we got an orange girl! Already spayed and ready to go! She came from a violent domestic situation and the man of the house was threatening to shoot the cat.
Also there must be something where I am not supposed to get a pregnant cat right now. I got the number for the person caring for the pregnant calico at the construction site that I am supposed to get this week. Well I am pretty sure that these people decided to keep the pregnant cat? I am not quite sure. There were two calicos- one had kittens 4/26 and the other was still pregnant. They apparently were going to keep the mom who just weaned kittens and get her spayed. But now that I am talking with them directly they are saying that I am getting the mom that weaned kittens. People make things so much more difficult than they need to be. I am sure they are going to contact us again when this cat has her kittens and beg us to take them.
Tomorrow we are getting a beautiful stray tortie mom and her 3 kittens ( Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 one of the kittens is a tortie too :loveeyes: ) I don't know too much about them other than they are living outside on someone's porch right now and there are a lot of tom cats around so the person is worried about the kittens (I am worried that mom is pregnant again). They are sending me pictures then I will post them!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good Lord!

I'm not sure I can keep all of this straight.

Why do people keep all of these cats outside?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I am having problems keeping everyone straight! I wish everyone would keep their cats inside! Ugh! But most of these are strays without owners anyway... It is sad

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
FB_IMG_1498535297287.jpg
FB_IMG_1498535301191.jpg

Here are the picture of the family I am *supposed to* get tomorrow!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Based off of those pictures I am thinking they are about 5 weeks old? What does everyone else think? The people whose porch they are living on isn't sure when they were born.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So cute! Five weeks looks/sounds about right from the photo.

I hope you get them today! :)

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they from the same litter? Still amazes me how kittens can be completely different colour !!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
daisyd daisyd That's because it isn't unusual for a litter to have two or more fathers. I can PM you with all the whys and wherefores if you are interested in stuff like that.

Those kittens are PRECIOUS! And, of course, I am entirely smitten with mama and tortiegirl. Whoever gets mama won't have to worry about a fire in their home, and I THINK I saw a white paw on the kit, as well, so there's another who protects from fire! I posted the legend about that some time ago, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll link it.