Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't getting the two moms of the 7 kittens, but another local rescue is going to pay for their spays :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I asked in case the kittens were young enough to still need their mom. Sounds like they will be okay! :)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
All is well so far! Got our 7 kittens from Preston County last night- All have started on their wormer, had a dose of Frontline, and their first vaccines! Busy, busy, busy! It will only be worse this morning- getting our diabetic cat this morning after I get off of work, then the transport is supposed to be here around 3:30-4:00 with the 10 kittens (6 hutch kittens and 4 older kittens) and momma! Then we will have to get everyone flea treated, started on wormer, and give the older kittens their first round of vaccines! The hutch kittens and momma also have ear mites they are being treated for apparently as well. Wish me luck today!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, more than GOOD luck, BEST EVER luck! Can't wait to see pics when you have time to do more than eat, potty, and chase kittens!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hutch Momma came with her kittens. She is the only momma we got this time. We got two adults (Hutch momma and Jasper the diabetic) and 17 kittens this weekend!
Hutch kittens are small for 5 weeks... but I think they may just be small cats. Momma is small.
All older kittens (not hutch kittens) have all started on wormer, flea meds, and had vaccines. Some ear mite meds. I haven't started hutch kittens on wormer yet because... well frankly we have gone through so much wormer this weekend I am just going to wait a bit until I can pick up some more! Hutch momma got advantage II, I haven't put any one hutch kittens because they are so small... I need to weigh them. Everyone is doing pretty well! I will post the pictures that I have been able to get in between the chaos today!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'll be interested to know the hutch kitten weights. Good they have their mama. Do they have a room to themselves for now? Hopefully, they will begin to thrive now. Thank goodness they are out of the hutch.

How is Jasper? How often does he get insulin?

Looking forward to pictures! :)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They are in a room to themselves for now! I will find where my scale is... it is in one of the unpacked boxes I think lol. Jasper gets insulin twice a day- I gave him some at 7:30, it was actually easier than giving vaccines lol

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here are pictures of the 7 Preston County kittens that we got yesterday! These ones will be going to another rescue the week after next! Three calicos, two orange, and two black and whites. They are so cute! The calicos are the most friendly right now.
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2389.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2402.jpg
IMG_2429.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_2422.jpg

Here is the only picture I have gotten of the black and white hutch family so far!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some quick pictures I snapped of the Rabbit hutch litter before I came into work tonight! A few have some watery/weepy eyes. Once I find my terramyocin I will start treating them with that! They are all just under a lb!
IMG_2446.jpg
IMG_2449.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2464.jpg
IMG_2465.jpg
IMG_2470.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sweet! :redheartpump:

They are a little underweight for 5 weeks. They should make quick progress now that they are with you!

:)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I think they potentially could just be small cats too, mom is only a few lbs herself! She is a tiny baby!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mama Rabbit Hutch (did you name her "Bunny?") has phenomenally beautiful eyes! ALL of the kittens, of course, are precious. I'm especially smitten with that last calico, and with the little hutch baby who seems to be mostly white.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The hutch family I actually think I am going to name after nurses at the emergency room that I work at. The momma I think I am going to name Jill after a nurse who passed away shortly after I started working here. I haven't officially named the kittens yet because I haven't sexed them all yet. I think they are all girls but one. But they all look so similar it is possible that I counted one kitten twice :D

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I am going to name the 7 kittens from Preston County (the three calicos, two orange, and two black and white) just since they are leaving in a week anyway and I already have to name the 10 other kittens :lol:
I need a naming theme for the 4 kittens I got from Greenbrier County. There is 2 males- a brown tabby and a solid black, and two females- both pastel calico- one long hair and a short hair! I will get pictures as soon as they settle and come out of hiding! Lots of new cats- lots of hissing and hiding lol. They are all starting to come around! Kittens EVERYWHERE. Woo.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So a few days ago I was contacted by someone that found two older kittens abandoned at their home. One they said had deformed legs... this is the picture they sent.
FB_IMG_1497935513592.jpg

They also sent a video of the kitten walking and it became obvious that while this looks bad- the kitten is not in pain. It seems to just have clubfoot. I reached out to another rescue group we work with sometimes that has experience with kittens like this and they will be taking both this kitten and his brother tomorrow. We also acquired a Rottweiler from a woman who was leaving an abusive relationship and the dog is also going to this other rescue. We are SO full. I am so happy that we have other rescues that work with us.
About two weeks ago someone contacted me about this cat...
Screenshot_20170620-011435.png

They said potentially pregnant the cat just showed up. They just messaged me and said that they took her to the vet to see if she had a chip, she didn't but the vet did say that she is pregnant. So I am hoping to find a space for her somewhere. Here in a week when the 7 kittens from Preston County go to the other rescue we should have more breathing room but I am worried about how far along this cat potentially is. I wonder if I should get her and at least put her in a dog crate for now... I declared us officially at capacity after we took in the 17 kittens this weekend. Then here we are. Sigh.