Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg! So cute! I didn't realize how close in age our litters are! [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]They are so darn cute right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Well Sadie's are close in age to yours! Olivia's are only a week old!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just found this thread. Love the pictures. Sorry about the losses. And angry at the people who keep vaccinating pregnant cats. They should know that chemicals could be bad for the babies. Pregnant women are told to be careful of every ingestment of chemicals so why would it be different for cats/dogs?

I love reading your adventures with the fosters. Do you still have that long haired calico/dilute looking cat that was posted back in November/December? I can't remember her name. It was one you weren't sure was pregnant. She looks similar to my Honeybee, I also found your facebook page. Loving the pictures!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in love with those sweet little babies [emoji]10084[/emoji]

How's Sabrina doing today? I hope better...poor dear has been through so much. So thankful she is in your good, loving care.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! Well Sadie's are close in age to yours! Olivia's are only a week old!
My little Foster Owen is a week old as well. He was a littler of 3, sadly he is the only one still with us. I admire all your work and hope to be able to do what you do someday.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DANG those are cute kittens!  I know I keep saying that, but it just keeps on getting truer and truer!

My ex used to say that if all cats looked like 3 to 5-week-old kittens, there would not be a homeless cat in the world, because NO ONE could resist them.

Last edited:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina is looking a lot better! Her bottom isn't hot to the touch like it was before and it is much less inflamed... I am thinking about cancelling her appointment tomorrow and just continuing the antibiotics a few more days... We just have been in and out of the vet so much lately, and it definitely looks like it is getting better...

Also Sadie's mastitis seems to be completely gone... should I keep her on antibiotics for a couple more days just in case?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise

Just found this thread. Love the pictures. Sorry about the losses. And angry at the people who keep vaccinating pregnant cats. They should know that chemicals could be bad for the babies. Pregnant women are told to be careful of every ingestment of chemicals so why would it be different for cats/dogs?

I love reading your adventures with the fosters. Do you still have that long haired calico/dilute looking cat that was posted back in November/December? I can't remember her name. It was one you weren't sure was pregnant. She looks similar to my Honeybee, I also found your facebook page. Loving the pictures!
I think you are talking about Hazel? She ended up not being pregnant and was spayed and adopted :)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If Sabrina's bottom is getting better, she probably does not need the vet. Is it less swollen? I agree with keeping both girls on the antibiotics a few more days.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
It is still a little swollen and a little red, but like 50% better than a couple of days ago. And a LOT better than last week, so maybe the antibiotics are working I was just being impatient lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think it's appropriate that you were concerned. Pulling the kitten out must have been painful. I have to wonder if she tore a little internally. It's no wonder she's been sore, swollen, and inflamed. I would give her another week on the antibiotic. It may take awhile for her to heal fully. I'm not sure there's much the vet can do beyond meds. She probably would have benefitted from an anti-inflammatory last week. Maybe she still would. Ask the vet about it on the phone.

Last edited:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I think that they didn't do an anti-inflammatory because I don't think it is safe if Sadie's kittens nurse off of her while she is on it (not that I think they are, but I am not 100%), I know that is why my vet didn't give Sadie an anti-inflammatory for her mastitis. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO precious!  Especially the little tortie, just like her mama.  But then, I have this bias...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunatly today we said goodbye to little Sophie (we had just named them yesterday). She was fine and crawling all over the place- never wanting to stay in the nesting box, no matter how hard we tried. I came back in an hour later and she was just gone. I am sure it was some sort of heart defect or something similar from the vaccines, or maybe something genetic... I am so heartbroken. I hope the remaining little boy, Sawyer makes it.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
This whole experience has been so hard for us. But if I had to do it again I would. I am so glad that Sadie and Sabrina didn't have to go through all of this separately in cages. I hate to think of what would have happened to Sabrina if she was there when her kitten got stuck.. probably the same fate as the third sister.