Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

She was combo tested, but they don't usually test for Panleuk unless the symptoms are there. And for mild diarrhea it could be anything. 

She was negative!
That's one of those disease I don't know much about I feel bad about you stressing over it. I think it's a given almost all outdoor feral cats are going to have internal parasites.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fantastic! I figured she would be negative because she's not sick or exhibiting symptoms. Now you can relax and give her the panacur - and let her out of her crate for a spell!

Happy dance! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear the good news about London!!

Please give all the mommas and kittens some extra cuddles from me [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

PS I'm super excited...just received my email today saying I'll be getting my Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue T shirt in couple of weeks [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of love for everyone! One of Olivia's kittens has started opening her eyes. I tried to sex them the other day, I don't think I posted on here but I believe that they are all girls except for the little orange boy :) I am usually better at sexing them when they are two weeks old, but I am pretty confident that that is correct! Thank you for buying a shirt! Hope you like it! I will post weights of all of the kittens tomorrow morning!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I always look forward to kitten weights. It lets me know if they are thriving or not.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Olivia's babies are one week old!

1-238

2-235

3-225

4-228

5-201

Sadie's babies will be three weeks tomorrow! 

Boy-360

Girl-290

Sadie's babies ears are getting bigger than their tiny ear flaps and they are starting to hobble around to the edge of the nest and craw on top of aunt Sabrina!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina I am still a little worried about, she is still inflammed. And it feels a little warm like it could be infected? She is still on clavamox twice a day... should I get her in to my vet? Or keep trying with the clavamox? They said 7-10 days for her, it has been 6. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you should call and ask the vet about Sabrina's bottom. I'm sure the clavamox is helping, but she may need something more. That doesn't sound right for her bottom to be inflamed and warm to the touch. Sounds painful. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Kitten weights are good! One week-olds are almost all about 8 ounces, while Sadie's 3-week-olds are 10 and 12 ounces.

Let me know what the vet says. They may need to see her.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I will call them later! I am headed to bed now, I go back to work today 2 pm to 10:30 after just getting off of midnight shift! (not a double, but still an extra shift I picked up to help pay these vet bills). I let London out for a bit today, she seemed to enjoy it. She is SOOO Loving. She wanted to sit on my lap the whole time. Purring away. I couldn't feel kitten movement but she was purring the entire time.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad you let her out. She needed that. Maybe you can let her out again tonight. She looks very sweet!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So Sabrina was taken to the emergency clinic last weekend. Do you think I should take her back there since they have already seen her (and the reexam fee is cheaper) or should I take her to my personal vet- they probably won't be able to get her in until Monday?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thrilled about London!  

Not sure about Sabrina.  Something in me says that your regular vet is going to be better, but...is she eating and drinking?  Otherwise acting as you would expect a new mother to act?  Just not sure.  I might, since the re-exam is cheaper, get her back in there, we have kittens to worry about, and have a follow up later with your regular vet.  I'm torn, but erring on the side of safety for Sabrina and her kits is NEVER a wrong choice!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So to recap- Sabrina is the one who lost all of her kittens, then a kitten got stuck so we took her to the emergency vet and they removed the kitten and placed on antibiotics. (I know I have so many momma cats the names get confusing) She has been snuggling with Sadie's kittens still, grooms them, I don't believe she nurses them. I don't see her eat and drink  or use the litter box a whole lot because she is a lot shier than Sadie is so she usually stays still when I come in the room. I think I am going to try to get her an appointment with the emergency vet... I think she needs stronger antibiotics, especially since it is warm. I would hate for something to get worse.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm in favor of her going to the emergency vet at this point. I'm thinking she does not feel well. How soon can they see her?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So I just scheduled her appointment, she will be going Monday at 3! They couldn't get her in sooner unless I wanted to make it an emergency and get the emergency fee. I am just going to keep a close eye on her and make sure it doesn't get any worse. She is still on the Clavamox twice a day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess I thought an emergency vet would see her sooner than Monday. Oh well. Would she let you apply a warm compress?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I did too, and they CAN, they just will add another emergency fee on. I will see if she will let me put a warm compress on tonight when I get home from work!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

So to recap- Sabrina is the one who lost all of her kittens, then a kitten got stuck so we took her to the emergency vet and they removed the kitten and placed on antibiotics. (I know I have so many momma cats the names get confusing) She has been snuggling with Sadie's kittens still, grooms them, I don't believe she nurses them. I don't see her eat and drink  or use the litter box a whole lot because she is a lot shier than Sadie is so she usually stays still when I come in the room. I think I am going to try to get her an appointment with the emergency vet... I think she needs stronger antibiotics, especially since it is warm. I would hate for something to get worse.
Sorry..the double S names threw me off!  I really did know that, I just slipped a gear.  At my age, the mental transmission starts to go!