Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, you have to admire a gal who knows how to pace herself! What is our final count, or are we certain yet?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Still just three! I feel like I feel another one but it could just be a lumpy uterus!
Photoshoot! I havent had newborns in a little while!
IMG_6303.jpg
IMG_6348.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg
IMG_6358.jpg
IMG_6366.jpg
IMG_6373.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Are the grey ones identical in person? They appear to be in photos, to me anyway. Thanks for the pics, they're so sweet.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
One of the grey ones has tabby markings, the other looks like it is going to be solid gray!

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I see now the tabby grey one has light fur above the nose & solid grey doesn't. And the third one looks to have leopard spots on its belly - belly shots please!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Just walked back to check on her... Sadie and Sabrina were both sitting outside of her door. There was another kitten half out, breech, stuck. I helped pull her out but she was already gone. I am not sure how long she was stuck... I didnt see the placenta come out, she groomed herself a lot and several tablespoons of blood came out. I think I feel another kitten... she never stopped nursing her three living babies.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
This is the weirdest cat labor I think I have had so far. Just walked back to check on her and another kitten was born! Another gray one! Already cleaned up and nursing, however I could see the tip of the placenta sticking out of her like it was stuck... I thought it was another kitten, she wasnt contracting anymore so I gently started pulling and got it out, she ate it. It wouldnt have been hard for her to get it out so I am not sure why she left it... she is still a little lumpy but not "hard" lumps like the kittens I was feeling before, MAYBE one more, maybe a uterus. Lord knows it could be another day with her if there is another one.

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Does the last one have a different birthday from the others? Keep those cute pics coming!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When cats come from such harsh conditions, I'm amazed that they can bring any kittens to a successful birth, much less four out of five! GOOD JOB, MAMA!

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like some good weight gains - how much do they weigh? Any idea on names?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They have unbelievable gains! Lexie is a great momma! The smallest is 160grams, the two biggest are already 200!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Momma Remi and her 5 beautiful babies. They are all being treated for Giardia (they have panacur on their mouths lol) as I am pretty sure that is what they have going on. They are 8 weeks old now and scheduled to go in for their spays/neuters on 3/6 we have had a lot of interest in the kittens so they should find their homes soon! A couple of them still have gray/blue eyes... I am guessing they will stay like that? They should have changed by now right?
IMG_6443.jpg
IMG_6445.jpg
IMG_6453.jpg
IMG_6464.jpg
IMG_6467.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg
IMG_6486.jpg