Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have anything for September 1. Instead, Apple made me another memory video last week. Today is a good day to share it.

A couple of OC/Buddy shots at the end. I haven’t tried editing this one.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have anything for September 1. Instead, Apple made me another memory video last week. Today is a good day to share it.

A couple of OC/Buddy shots at the end. I haven’t tried editing this one.
Even though it's not her cat rock, I am thinking Krista would like the score. What a cute blep! and checking out the cat swag... :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob: A lot of really nice climbing, relaxing and scratching places, too! *Hoping OC, and OOC, are doing well, safe, healthy and loved! as every cat deserves to be.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though it's not her cat rock, I am thinking Krista would like the score. What a cute blep! and checking out the cat swag... :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob: A lot of really nice climbing, relaxing and scratching places, too! *Hoping OC, and OOC, are doing well, safe, healthy and loved! as every cat deserves to be.*
I saw Buddy earlier this summer. I think he got loose for a day. He greeted me coming home from a weekend away, my first in years (w/o Krista anyway 😿.) After catching up on scritches and cuddles, I set on my way inside. It had been a long day driving. Of course, Buddy tried to follow me inside. “This isn’t your home, Buddy. And you’re not homeless.” Not falling for that again. 😹 He still hates the gentle steering leg keeping him out.😾 But he also still pulls his punches in that he could do serious damage to my leg but doesn’t go claws out. 😻 I haven’t seen Buddy outdoors since. I saw him once in my neighbor’s window. Every now and again, I’ll casually peep at the window as I pass by without trying to be a peeper. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I haven’t seen AOC since that time I trespassed the neighboring complex looking for Buddy. Since I don’t plan on repeating that trespass, I am afraid I won’t ever have any more updates on her. She’s a sweetheart. I’m nearly positive that she is being cared for. Likely indoor/outdoor. Probably belonging to the porch I encountered her on.🧐😹

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Buddy earlier this summer. I think he got loose for a day. He greeted me coming home from a weekend away, my first in years (w/o Krista anyway 😿.) After catching up on scritches and cuddles, I set on my way inside. It had been a long day driving. Of course, Buddy tried to follow me inside. “This isn’t your home, Buddy. And you’re not homeless.” Not falling for that again. 😹 He still hates the gentle steering leg keeping him out.😾 But he also still pulls his punches in that he could do serious damage to my leg but doesn’t go claws out. 😻 I haven’t seen Buddy outdoors since. I saw him once in my neighbor’s window. Every now and again, I’ll casually peep at the window as I pass by without trying to be a peeper. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I haven’t seen AOC since that time I trespassed the neighboring complex looking for Buddy. Since I don’t plan on repeating that trespass, I am afraid I won’t ever have any more updates on her. She’s a sweetheart. I’m nearly positive that she is being cared for. Likely indoor/outdoor. Probably belonging to the porch I encountered her on.🧐😹
Hoping and praying you're right and they are both being well cared for indoors! *But you can't blame a cat for tryin'! Extra meals? Treats? Scritches? A climb on the cat furniture? A stop by the ol' catbox? OH YEAH!* :redcat::redcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping and praying you're right and they are both being well cared for indoors! *But you can't blame a cat for tryin'! Extra meals? Treats? Scritches? A climb on the cat furniture? A stop by the ol' catbox? OH YEAH!* :redcat::redcat:
After my (not so British) beetle invasion, there are and will be no ol' catbox until the next cat moves in permanently.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After my (not so British) beetle invasion, there are and will be no ol' catbox until the next cat moves in permanently.
Yeah, the hard days' nights you had with those were enough, I'm sure. :cringe:🐞(Not much selection in the beetle department and none in the Beatle department, I'm afraid.)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 2, 2018:
Eating Tiki tuna w/ shrimp and pumpkin. Inspecting the sink to see if there is more tuna in water used to get her to eat her tummy supplements.
F8A65D53-E773-4726-B918-31D5A2552C8E.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 2, 2018:
Eating Tiki tuna w/ shrimp and pumpkin. Inspecting the sink to see if there is more tuna in water used to get her to eat her tummy supplements.
View attachment 393920
*Ya can't blame a girl for tryin'!* I'd be happily vegetarian again as I was for most of my adult life, except for tuna. And occasionally chicken. But tuna is just something I crave. *I guess I AM part feline* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Ya can't blame a girl for tryin'!* I'd be happily vegetarian again as I was for most of my adult life, except for tuna. And occasionally chicken. But tuna is just something I crave. *I guess I AM part feline* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
I was vegan for about 8 years. It was fish and eggs that I missed the most. I eat fish, eggs, and dairy now. But a chicken taco that should have been a shrimp taco taught me that certain enzymes you must use them or lose them. I don't wish to go through that again to get my meat-eating enzymes and microbiome back. 🤢🤦‍♂️ Besides, Beyond and Impossible meats are both very tasty and satisfying.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was vegan for about 8 years. It was fish and eggs that I missed the most. I eat fish, eggs, and dairy now. But a chicken taco that should have been a shrimp taco taught me that certain enzymes you must use them or lose them. I don't wish to go through that again to get my meat-eating enzymes and microbiome back. 🤢🤦‍♂️ Besides, Beyond and Impossible meats are both very tasty and satisfying.
I loved Morning Star Farms and other veg options until they became too expensive for my budget. Really miss them. I do love my tuna fish salad and a couple of casseroles I make, plus a cold pasta salad with only 5 ingredients: salad macaroni, tuna, mayonnaise, peas, and diced celery. It's REALLY good. I love deli stuff too, like macaroni salad and potato salad. I don't eat eggs except in stuff like mayonnaise. Haven't had chicken for a long time -- I don't buy it but sometimes my roomie would get it and share it. She doesn't any more because the place she bought it changed the brand and it's now REALLY salty.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 4, 2018:
D5A5D7C2-B075-4EEA-B7F0-BC67EEFBCE1A.jpeg

2019:
E7710CC2-6D19-4919-8104-A8AD546D0A1C.jpeg
Today is actually a rich day for pics. I’ll save the others for days with none (like Sept 1.)

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Thinkpad*? CATPAD. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :agree:
This was a running gag among my Facebook friends several years ago. If you can make out what’s on the screen, it’s a cat snuggling an iPad with the image of a cat snuggling an iPad on its screen and so it goes for many layers. I think Krista was probably cat number four or five here. 😹😻
60804082-0E1C-43E0-9365-C7E5727838F1.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a running gag among my Facebook friends several years ago. If you can make out what’s on the screen, it’s a cat snuggling an iPad with the image of a cat snuggling an iPad on its screen and so it goes for many layers. I think Krista was probably cat number four or five here. 😹😻
View attachment 394172
View attachment 394172
...as well she should be!

No possibility of that happening here. Tarifa angel was the only one who ever jumped on my computer desk as far as I know, and she got shooed off instantaneously. Only two places in this house where cats aren't allowed: the stove, and the keyboard. *Ah, well, on second thought, the monitor and the tower are off limits as well. And the flatscreen.*