Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 7, 2018:
I think I had nearly given up on this tree until this. I can’t imagine why else it is in such an odd location. She would love this tree even more in its desk-side location. Maybe I just moved it there temporarily to clean or something? 🤷🏼‍♂️
A56D5C46-BB89-4F66-ADB4-6E53A43F5C52.jpeg BC1F1A7A-185D-496F-B5A5-F1DBAD4ED10E.jpeg ABA0A4B7-98CB-4C6F-94E0-A5F3B820ABA5.jpeg 9C5F0155-74C4-4B5F-8F9F-839DEDFC1AFE.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take that all back. I think this is me bringing home this tree and Krista approving. This was probably the first location for that tree. There was a bookcase in its current desk-side location.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 2018:
A different tree in that corner. She explored this one once. Threw up. And never touched it again. I suspect the carpet was off-gassing. Thankfully PFE took it back without issue.
8E6E2640-42F0-46EA-8440-48C008446327.jpeg
October 2018:
The bookcase is still blocking that prime desk side real estate.
160C4648-78B8-4B84-9C97-A17BBBB9608C.jpeg
November 2018:
This tree finally made it to its current location. A winner from the start. Even in the odd corner of the room.
A614625D-B119-4D40-BE19-A340BC2A5A8B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 2018:
A different tree in that corner. She explored this one once. Threw up. And never touched it again. I suspect the carpet was off-gassing. Thankfully PFE took it back without issue.
View attachment 394459
October 2018:
The bookcase is still blocking that prime desk side real estate.
View attachment 394458
November 2018:
This tree finally made it to its current location. A winner from the start. Even in the odd corner of the room.
View attachment 394460
An excellent spot for the CEO/CFO/COO/general overseer of all things business and financial! *Gotta rake it in. Gotta get that gushyfud! Gotta get those trees. And toys. And, oh, whatever I might decide I want.*:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::geekcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*...and besides, when NC comes to join you, which I have to say I'm going to be really happy about, you're gonna need lots MORE gushyfudz and toys and cat stuff.* - Krista Angel

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think we're getting back to pre-pandemic "normal." I think the "personal freedom" crowd is being too short-sighted and selfish for that to happen. But with restrictions to vet care, pet food shortages, still working from home, and even shutdowns at the shelter (back to online adoptions only), I think I can wait a little longer for a better "new normal" than this. At the very least, I'd like to see what the "return to office" situation is like. I don't want to adopt a covid kitty who develops separation anxiety because she was never apart from me for the first "n" months of pandemic life together. The comforting (and sad) truth is that there will always be kitties in need whenever I'm ready for the next one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think we're getting back to pre-pandemic "normal." I think the "personal freedom" crowd is being too short-sighted and selfish for that to happen. But with restrictions to vet care, pet food shortages, still working from home, and even shutdowns at the shelter (back to online adoptions only), I think I can wait a little longer for a better "new normal" than this. At the very least, I'd like to see what the "return to office" situation is like. I don't want to adopt a covid kitty who develops separation anxiety because she was never apart from me for the first "n" months of pandemic life together. The comforting (and sad) truth is that there will always be kitties in need whenever I'm ready for the next one.
So true. Some "experts" believe it will always be with us and I agree, based upon mutations and that ever-present selfishness and short-sightedness.
*A very limber Yogi!* :goldstar: :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista looks like she's really enjoying her beautiful activity center. And "feet? I got feet! And legs! and mine are irresistible!" :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
It's still so hot up here this year (and last) that I cannot imagine sleeping in pants (with a cat leg warmer to boot) at this time just a few years ago.

Why shouldn't she like that tree? If we haven't started yet, it would be later this month (according to my pictures) that we started the fish flake hunts. The top of that tree was a prolific breeding ground for fish flakes. 🧐😼 Besides, she had "that other cat" (the one that doesn't smell right) to keep her company up there. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still so hot up here this year (and last) that I cannot imagine sleeping in pants (with a cat leg warmer to boot) at this time just a few years ago.

Why shouldn't she like that tree? If we haven't started yet, it would be later this month (according to my pictures) that we started the fish flake hunts. The top of that tree was a prolific breeding ground for fish flakes. 🧐😼 Besides, she had "that other cat" (the one that doesn't smell right) to keep her company up there. 😹
You'll never know when you're gonna find a fish flake breeding ground. Or, around here, a silvervine source.
I know! It's still awful down here, too. September is the worst. My mom used to say she felt so sorry for the kids going back to school in this heat. *Now, the heat is the least of it! Yikes! The unmasked!!!*