Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous geese and goslings! They waited with you, but hopefully not for shots?!!
Oh, the toebeans! and it looks like Krista's looking forward to a replenishing there. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :loveeyes: 🦆*They don't have goose emojis.*
The geese were just crossing through. Leaving dark, green, wet, runny geese poops in their wake. 🦆💩🤦‍♂️😹

One of them, probably the mama, was also hissing. I didn't know geese hiss. I don't blame her. We were giving them their six feet distance they were due. But I'm sure that was still more people than they wanted to greet this morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The geese were just crossing through. Leaving dark, green, wet, runny geese poops in their wake. 🦆💩🤦‍♂️😹

One of them, probably the mama, was also hissing. I didn't know geese hiss. I don't blame her. We were giving them their six feet distance they were due. But I'm sure that was still more people than they wanted to greet this morning.
Oh yeah, they hiss bigtime and they also chase intruders of any species. I went to Lake Casitas for my birthday one year. At the docks there are many geese of many species. They are pretty used to people because it's a very popular boating destination; but among them there were some very bossy, hissy ones and as you know, they can be pretty big, tall, and intimidating. Just doing their jobs! I really loved meeting them.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, they hiss bigtime and they also chase intruders of any species. I went to Lake Casitas for my birthday one year. At the docks there are many geese of many species. They are pretty used to people because it's a very popular boating destination; but among them there were some very bossy, hissy ones and as you know, they can be pretty big, tall, and intimidating. Just doing their jobs! I really loved meeting them.
Yup! Sounds about right. I used to live near a duck pond and I loved to feed the ducks on occasion. Now and again there would be big groups of Geese. There were a couple tall white ones that loved to chase people around and hiss at them. One time one of them came up to me and I basically had to put my foot on his chest to keep him away. I didn't have anywhere to back up so I just stood there for a couple seconds like that until he got the hint and walked away. Thinking back on it, that probably would have looked hilarious to people driving by.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, B Beholder that was my reaction :lol: Birds are basically descended from dinosaurs, you know. My chickens weren't to be messed with, either. And a lot of birds can be really aggressive. I used to see blue jays dive-bomb cats. Now people here get it and keep their cats indoors, so the jays here are a lot more chill. But they do have aerial battles with mockingbirds. It's all about protection.
daftcat75 daftcat75 That is definitely a big smile I see on Krista! A smug, self-satisfied smile! :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to volunteer at a farmed animals sanctuary (animals rescued from factory farm type situations.) One of the things we did regularly were chicken health checks. We’d round them up in their coop. Then it’s off to the races trying to catch a chicken. 🐓😹 I forgot what the actual health check was. Pretty straight forward. Checking for skin infections and making sure they didn’t have any beak or claw issues. There was one hen, the tiniest one, they called her Killer. She was aggressive and would peck at boots. Good enough reason for the work boots requirement. She was like those tiny dogs that bark and bite above their weight class. Now the turkeys were another matter. They’re like big dogs. They come lumbering over and seem to enjoy head rubs as their head and neck and snoods darken with a deep red of contentment. 🦃😻 The goats were my favorite though. They had a sense of humor. One of them would watch you fill a wheel barrow and then come charging to knock it over. Not a lot you can do about that except laugh it off and start over and hope he had his fill the first time. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to volunteer at a farmed animals sanctuary (animals rescued from factory farm type situations.) One of the things we did regularly were chicken health checks. We’d round them up in their coop. Then it’s off to the races trying to catch a chicken. 🐓😹 I forgot what the actual health check was. Pretty straight forward. Checking for skin infections and making sure they didn’t have any beak or claw issues. There was one hen, the tiniest one, they called her Killer. She was aggressive and would peck at boots. Good enough reason for the work boots requirement. She was like those tiny dogs that bark and bite above their weight class. Now the turkeys were another matter. They’re like big dogs. They come lumbering over and seem to enjoy head rubs as their head and neck and snoods darken with a deep red of contentment. 🦃😻 The goats were my favorite though. They had a sense of humor. One of them would watch you fill a wheel barrow and then come charging to knock it over. Not a lot you can do about that except laugh it off and start over and hope he had his fill the first time. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
Yeah! I never even tried to catch any of my flock. The original builder/owner of the house told me one of the two banties would sit in her lap! but this never happened with me. The two roosters had spurs about 5" long, but never used them aggressively as far as I know. But I had a lot of healthy respect for all of them and I'd call them lizard-brain when they got really basic, because that's what they are. There was one white one who always sat up with any of her sisters who were ill or who had passed. They had personalities. There were about 36 of them to begin with; the seller of the land told me they were all old and not to be shocked when they passed on. Most of them did, over the 3 years I was there; then something (dog or coyote) massacred the surviving rooster and all of his hens but 4, and my ex talked to a neighbor who had hens (as 'pets') and she adopted them. She said one of them immediately established dominance over all the others.
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG

Robert is the rooster who was murdered by the canid(s).

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that her cutout was starting to bend as it was merely resting in the cat tree. On Friday, I used some mounting putty to get her on the wall. Now I don’t have to crane my head around the monitor to see her. I still might look into other mounting options like a frame or a backing.
BE1D31B3-197F-4E72-8373-0487BE7CF9DF.jpeg
I also want to make a Shutterfly out of her time in the stands.
A6F6D2E7-BC75-44D8-9DD3-D6CC85E11059.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that her cutout was starting to bend as it was merely resting in the cat tree. On Friday, I used some mounting putty to get her on the wall. Now I don’t have to crane my head around the monitor to see her. I still might look into other mounting options like a frame or a backing.
View attachment 377803
I also want to make a Shutterfly out of her time in the stands.
View attachment 377807
I see you up there, Krista!
Such a beautiful happy, bright-eyed photo of Krista from Dec. 17, 2018 (weren't those good days?!)
Yeah, whatever you decide upon, you definitely want to keep her perky!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April 26, 2019:
The tree she never used. Well, she used it once and barfed. I blame it on the off-gassing from the carpet. She had a long memory of that. I ended up taking it back to Pet Food Express for store credit months after the purchase. Without a receipt.
560C511F-4434-44B6-BA3F-B2ADAF76D473.jpeg
April 26, 2020:
I was between employment at this time. We were also under Covid lockdown. To pass the time between feedings, I was “working” during the days learning new skills for the new job I would start the next month. Krista was there for moral support and to enforce breaks. 😻
A1C03CBB-053B-410A-994B-BDF25826A0FE.jpeg 6A785629-F960-4B35-AE70-7792701F6C11.jpeg 153C0B62-60D8-43C9-9D51-62BE486CD9D5.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April 26, 2019:
The tree she never used. Well, she used it once and barfed. I blame it on the off-gassing from the carpet. She had a long memory of that. I ended up taking it back to Pet Food Express for store credit months after the purchase. Without a receipt.
View attachment 377921
April 26, 2020:
I was between employment at this time. We were also under Covid lockdown. To pass the time between feedings, I was “working” during the days learning new skills for the new job I would start the next month. Krista was there for moral support and to enforce breaks. 😻
View attachment 377918View attachment 377919View attachment 377920
It looks like Krista was exPURRt at those skills :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*My dad loves me. He got me my own table and I have my own water glass. That's how I like it. LOOK at how beautiful I am! All that fresh water does a lot of good for my health -- soft, shiny fur and big, bright eyes. Oh, and cute little white boots!* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob:
That's my nightstand and my water glass! 🤦‍♂️ Oh well. Sharing is caring. 😹😻

I did set up her own nightstand and water glass.
C41FCCB7-C9A4-483C-BD73-4AD3695E88F9.jpeg

But she still went up to my nightstand and my glass about half the time. 🤦‍♂️😹 Maybe because she knew that glass got changed more frequently than her own. 😾

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's my nightstand and my water glass! 🤦‍♂️ Oh well. Sharing is caring. 😹😻

I did set up her own nightstand and water glass.
View attachment 378174

But she still went up to my nightstand and my glass about half the time. 🤦‍♂️😹 Maybe because she knew that glass got changed more frequently than her own. 😾
Krista: "ALL the furns and ALL the water glasses belong to MOI." "Because I am magnanimous, I let you use them, too."