Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April 29, 2020:
I feel horrible! I missed her birthday yesterday. 😿
6481DE9B-F941-4427-B6A9-F950EF3DB3EC.jpeg
Now I understand why these older pictures were mixed in yesterday with the newer ones. These weren’t taken in 2019. These were uploaded then for comparison.
7D135E6C-0F93-4977-8ACD-4771A9B4F668.jpeg FF159CF4-E416-4751-9C75-B0E892CF6767.jpeg
And this was taken in 2019. Her 15th purrthday 😻:
5DB90687-0ABF-4285-8F8F-662DA77B2780.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Sweet 16!
That second pic in the series is priceless! What's she telling you there? Whatever it is, she seems very serious about it in the third pic. It looks to me like she's thinking, "THIS is how a cat SHOULD live!" in the third pic.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Sweet 16!
That second pic in the series is priceless! What's she telling you there? Whatever it is, she seems very serious about it in the third pic. It looks to me like she's thinking, "THIS is how a cat SHOULD live!" in the third pic.
Those are some of the earliest Krista pics I have from the first few weeks or months since bringing her home. She’s probably saying thanks! 😻 Or just yawning🥱😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very nice beginning! Every home should have a cat wall, and a cat as sweet and lovely as Krista to grace it. *Or more than one cat. Always recommended by me.*:yess::cloud9:
The cat wall was born out of necessity.

A long long time ago (2013 in this picture), that space was actually a dining area. Not that I needed it living alone. I often ate in “the chair”. With Krista on the ottoman of course.
5D2D460A-D867-4AD4-9998-28765AFF4377.jpeg
In 2018, her teeth started bothering her. She started acting out trying to get my attention by peeing the mirror and wall. I tried to play defense. Without much success.
4DC369A0-1869-423C-B5A1-C97B2B055517.jpeg
And then unrelated I had to take her to the vet to get the little fugitive up to date with the city. They finally caught up to us after our move. It was at this visit that I mentioned the peeing. The vet popped her mouth and said, “she’s trying to get your attention.” Several extractions later the peeing all but stopped. 👍
412FADDB-0A47-46BF-BB8F-F101177CEA7B.jpeg
To be sure, I wanted to cover as much of her spots as I could.
3FE5B951-3EDC-4256-8544-DDE310827358.jpeg
And I would get another tree and teach her a path from the far tree to the kitchen counter for those days when she didn't have full hops.
CE11070F-4D58-442B-8B7F-273FA05170E7.jpeg AFB2CB40-DB23-431E-8A4D-2BC443FF8A52.jpeg
And for awhile I fed her on that storage unit too.
D82C6EF0-55A9-4EB5-B7DD-34E956F90A94.jpeg
Then she got another Katris set!
82D02EB4-8F6B-498D-8102-8B33324F7696.jpeg
And assembled into its final form (which eliminated her having to start at one end to get to the other)
B3F3C673-4561-44C4-AED1-83E0633B4B70.jpeg
Today, the Katris is straightened out and the area is in something of a pandemic holding pen with food that the food bank won’t take right now and furniture I don’t want to run down to the thrift stores just yet. And the dining set that is cuter than is comfortable. But it’s light so it moves easily.
3CBA15D8-1C7B-4AF8-AF95-60971D806CB9.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat wall was born out of necessity.

A long long time ago (2013 in this picture), that space was actually a dining area. Not that I needed it living alone. I often ate in “the chair”. With Krista on the ottoman of course.
View attachment 378508
In 2018, her teeth started bothering her. She started acting out trying to get my attention by peeing the mirror and wall. I tried to play defense. Without much success.
View attachment 378509
And then unrelated I had to take her to the vet to get the little fugitive up to date with the city. They finally caught up to us after our move. It was at this visit that I mentioned the peeing. The vet popped her mouth and said, “she’s trying to get your attention.” Several extractions later the peeing all but stopped. 👍
View attachment 378511
To be sure, I wanted to cover as much of her spots as I could.
View attachment 378512
And I would get another tree and teach her a path from the far tree to the kitchen counter for those days when she didn't have full hops.
View attachment 378513View attachment 378514
And for awhile I fed her on that storage unit too.
View attachment 378515
Then she got another Katris set!
View attachment 378516
And assembled into its final form (which eliminated her having to start at one end to get to the other)
View attachment 378518
Today, the Katris is straightened out and the area is in something of a pandemic holding pen with food that the food bank won’t take right now and furniture I don’t want to run down to the thrift stores just yet. And the dining set that is cuter than is comfortable. But it’s light so it moves easily.
View attachment 378522
You're much more socially correct than I am. Breakfast is in the dining room, with Elvis "on lap" and lunch is sitting on the edge of the bed, with Baby Su investigating. Dinner is on the bed in front of the flatscreen. With both cats, if possible, nearby.
I wondered how long a life that dining set would have! It is nice looking. But if it's uncomfortable, that doesn't matter a lot, does it?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're much more socially correct than I am. Breakfast is in the dining room, with Elvis "on lap" and lunch is sitting on the edge of the bed, with Baby Su investigating. Dinner is on the bed in front of the flatscreen. With both cats, if possible, nearby.
I wondered how long a life that dining set would have! It is nice looking. But if it's uncomfortable, that doesn't matter a lot, does it?
I finally got up the nerve to use the Dremel (rotary tool) to cut off the two nearest bars in the wine rack. My knees still touch the next bar. But it's not as bad. But the next thing is there are no seat cushions. You would think this would be easy to rectify. But there is a surprising dearth of red cushions in a 14 or 15" size. I did just break down and buy a pair because I want to make this set work or get rid of it already. I hate to part with that old desk. But I have no use for it anymore and no room to keep it. So many memories of Krista on that desk! But I don't need to keep the desk for that reason. I do wish she could be around to see the new changes. She probably would not like the new desk. Less surface area. And I'll never know what she would have thought about the tree that arrived an hour after she passed. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got up the nerve to use the Dremel (rotary tool) to cut off the two nearest bars in the wine rack. My knees still touch the next bar. But it's not as bad. But the next thing is there are no seat cushions. You would think this would be easy to rectify. But there is a surprising dearth of red cushions in a 14 or 15" size. I did just break down and buy a pair because I want to make this set work or get rid of it already. I hate to part with that old desk. But I have no use for it anymore and no room to keep it. So many memories of Krista on that desk! But I don't need to keep the desk for that reason. I do wish she could be around to see the new changes. She probably would not like the new desk. Less surface area. And I'll never know what she would have thought about the tree that arrived an hour after she passed. 😿
Personally, I'd keep the tree for NC if it doesn't have bad memories attached, which if she didn't use it, it might not? even though?
The desk looks like a keeper, too. But I know, There's only so much one can keep. Just ask my roomies for their candid thoughts about helping me clean out my double garage, packed floor to rafters with stuff, so they could store stuff in it.:shocked:*To be fair, a big part of what's still there is my parents' entire household of furniture. It's really high quality, but it's not my style, and I have my own IKEA stuff, plus. And I figure that trying to sell their furniture, which is not stylish now, would be an exercise in futility plus a rip for me. So I'm keeping it and if it comes back into style...?*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I'd keep the tree for NC if it doesn't have bad memories attached, which if she didn't use it, it might not? even though?
The desk looks like a keeper, too. But I know, There's only so much one can keep. Just ask my roomies for their candid thoughts about helping me clean out my double garage, packed floor to rafters with stuff, so they could store stuff in it.:shocked:*To be fair, a big part of what's still there is my parents' entire household of furniture. It's really high quality, but it's not my style, and I have my own IKEA stuff, plus. And I figure that trying to sell their furniture, which is not stylish now, would be an exercise in futility plus a rip for me. So I'm keeping it and if it comes back into style...?*
I am keeping the new tree for NC. The old one, the one that Krista spent a lot of her last months in, I donated that to my beertender friend and saw a video that it’s being well-loved in its new home. I hope NC doesn’t mind the larger than life cutout of Krista above the inbox/outbox tree. 😹😻
FA04E526-23C2-47B6-B010-6B71D28AF12B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am keeping the new tree for NC. The old one, the one that Krista spent a lot of her last months in, I donated that to my beertender friend and saw a video that it’s being well-loved in its new home. I hope NC doesn’t mind the larger than life cutout of Krista above the inbox/outbox tree. 😹😻
View attachment 378548
So happy to hear that her old tree is being well loved and enjoyed! and I know each cat is an individual, just as each person *hopefully* is. But I'm thinking that NC will be pretty happy to have Krista watching over her in her new home, knowing how Krista was, is, and will ever be so much loved. All of our homes have always been FULL of pictures of the cats in my life -- not of that size, but they are everywhere.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear that her old tree is being well loved and enjoyed! and I know each cat is an individual, just as each person *hopefully* is. But I'm thinking that NC will be pretty happy to have Krista watching over her in her new home, knowing how Krista was, is, and will ever be so much loved. All of our homes have always been FULL of pictures of the cats in my life -- not of that size, but they are everywhere.
Finally ordered the matching Shutterfly to give my larger than life Krista some context.
Krista-Cutout-In-Stadium-pt2.jpg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*"I've got a lot of work to do, Dad! But you can be my PAW-PURR-azzi type.*:hearthrob::geekcat::hearthrob:
“I don’t care how busy you are, Daddy. You need to take a break to love on me! 😻

I called this her filling station. When she parked here, she wasn’t moving along until she had her fill of loving. 😻

Last edited: