Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 28, 2018:
Homemade duck with beef liver. Looks like it was a hit. Too bad that was the last of the duck. Those patties wouldn’t be available at the raw feeders co-op after this making it too expensive to order from the East Coast to make future batches. 🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 405737
Awww. Looks and sounds...delectable. For Krista. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. Looks and sounds...delectable. For Krista. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
Duck patty and beef liver plus supplements:
F45F2D52-6641-435E-9067-175C7E992F18.jpeg
Mixed together
D0C089E1-0BDE-4051-9000-C1D32B1175CB.jpeg
weighed into meals
F7108926-A1E7-48B6-9DC8-8E3CDEAF7C92.jpeg
and labeled
A31CB1D9-00EF-41E6-9EFF-0F9B00AC0405.jpeg
Oops! I forgot to label the calcium. This batch is missing B vitamins though. The B’s we had smelled like feet. Despite Krista’s famous love for feet, they weren’t popular with her. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Stacked and ready to freeze.
BC310A5C-A19B-4B52-927E-3086C2820C87.jpeg
All that remains is cleanup.
17D6008E-AC2F-42EC-B164-FEF1A819ECD5.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duck patty and beef liver plus supplements:
View attachment 405761
Mixed together
View attachment 405763
weighed into meals
View attachment 405762
and labeled
View attachment 405760
Oops! I forgot to label the calcium. This batch is missing B vitamins though. The B’s we had smelled like feet. Despite Krista’s famous love for feet, they weren’t popular with her. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Stacked and ready to freeze.
View attachment 405765
All that remains is cleanup.
View attachment 405764
Feet are fine in their place. But feet -- or the fragrance thereof -- do not belong in food.
A co-worker used to say that after the coffee had sat awhile on the hotplate, it smelled like dirty feet.
I didn't quite get that, but it wasn't as good as fresh.
Krista licking the mixing bowl brings back memories of licking the mixing bowl when my mom made chocolate chip cookies. *MMMMMMMMMM, raw eggs!* 😑

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feet are fine in their place. But feet -- or the fragrance thereof -- do not belong in food.
A co-worker used to say that after the coffee had sat awhile on the hotplate, it smelled like dirty feet.
I didn't quite get that, but it wasn't as good as fresh.
Krista licking the mixing bowl brings back memories of licking the mixing bowl when my mom made chocolate chip cookies. *MMMMMMMMMM, raw eggs!* 😑
There was a brief period—between switching her to wet food and the beginning of her IBD food trials—that I used to let Krista clean the scrambled egg bowl after I poured the eggs into the pan. Although this period was brief, she would come running to the kitchen every time I scrambled eggs after this. I wish I could have found an alternative for her. 😿 She really enjoyed licking the egg bowl. Much like we enjoyed cleaning the cookie dough bowls. 😋

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a brief period—between switching her to wet food and the beginning of her IBD food trials—that I used to let Krista clean the scrambled egg bowl after I poured the eggs into the pan. Although this period was brief, she would come running to the kitchen every time I scrambled eggs after this. I wish I could have found an alternative for her. 😿 She really enjoyed licking the egg bowl. Much like we enjoyed cleaning the cookie dough bowls. 😋
You too? No one knew! And yeah, the eggs. Butter and margarine, too. Most cats I've known love these if they get the chance.
BUT HOW ABOUT THE BAGELS??? Western Bagel Jalapeno. Do you have those there? Have you tried? I absolutely encourage!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You too? No one knew! And yeah, the eggs. Butter and margarine, too. Most cats I've known love these if they get the chance.
BUT HOW ABOUT THE BAGELS??? Western Bagel Jalapeno. Do you have those there? Have you tried? I absolutely encourage!
Western Bagel is only LA. 😿 I do remember the family occasionally go down and get fresh bagels--whatever was coming out of the oven. We have Noah's Bagels up here. It's not the same. But it's not terrible either. In Santa Cruz, there is The Bagelry. They are like if Western Bagel had only one location but they've been doing it right for so long that they only need that one location. 😋

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
OK now I really want a bagel while designing the ultimate hotel for a cat. Seems to me it would need lots of high up ramps, a rent-a-mouse, maybe a terrarium.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK now I really want a bagel while designing the ultimate hotel for a cat. Seems to me it would need lots of high up ramps, a rent-a-mouse, maybe a terrarium.
Yeah. I want a bagel too. But bagel hours are crueler than banker hours. 🤦‍♂️

When I graduate to multiple cats, I may splurge and get them something like this. A little much for one cat, though.
catforest.jpg
I would link to this. But my office VPN is flagging the link as malware. 🤦‍♂️

Some other solid inspiration here:
Helping cats live enriched lives with their people

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When I graduate to multiple cats, I may splurge and get them something like this. A little much for one cat, though.
View attachment 405810

WOW. That's no malware. My VPN ate it up just fine.
I get the bagels 6 to a bag and reheat for 25 seconds in the nuker. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:cloud9:I've heard of Noah's Bagels, of course.
I subscribed to Chirpy Cats. TYSM for the link!
Wow. I almost missed that in my fervor over the tree. "When (WHEN) I graduate to multiple cats" :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess: (not "if"!) Well, Rome wasn't built in a day but every great life, like every great city, starts with one step (or, in this case, CAT!):cheerleader:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Wo

View attachment 405810

woww…that is magical you might even have to name your future cats accordingly. that link is great, btw.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW. That's no malware. My VPN ate it up just fine.
I get the bagels 6 to a bag and reheat for 25 seconds in the nuker. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:cloud9:I've heard of Noah's Bagels, of course.
I subscribed to Chirpy Cats. TYSM for the link!
Wow. I almost missed that in my fervor over the tree. "When (WHEN) I graduate to multiple cats" :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess: (not "if"!) Well, Rome wasn't built in a day but every great life, like every great city, starts with one step (or, in this case, CAT!):cheerleader:
I meant the link to the Hollywood Kitty Company. Maybe use a Chrome private browsing sandbox when looking at that site.🤷🏼‍♂️ I don’t know what’s on the site because my vpn won’t let me connect to it. But I did find that image elsewhere and posted just the image.

I don’t plan on having multiple cats anytime soon. Krista changed the rules on cat care. I have to test the waters with a single once more now that it won’t be “fill gravity feeders, turn on auto cat box, check on both in a week.”

I see fostering cats or becoming a cat lady in my future. Just not the near future.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista and her bookcase are very reminiscent of Baby Su and her bed. I wouldn't think it'd be all that comfortable especially in cold weather. But apparently it is the place of choice. Clearly not tree-dwellers or bush-dwellers. These are cave lionlets.
It's a really good site-- if you can get on another device and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista and her bookcase are very reminiscent of Baby Su and her bed. I wouldn't think it'd be all that comfortable especially in cold weather. But apparently it is the place of choice. Clearly not tree-dwellers or bush-dwellers. These are cave lionlets.
It's a really good site-- if you can get on another device and check it out, you won't be disappointed.
Krista definitely loved her trees And refrigerators. 😹😻 But under the bookcase was where she went to digest. A lot of post meal bookcase time was her scrunch-face, toughing out some gut pain from pancreatitis or IBD. Or sometimes tooth pain. 😿 But once she got through the worst of it and slept it off, she would emerge and come looking for me or a tree near me. Under the bookcase looked cozy. But I know a lot of times (thanks to that camera), that she wasn’t feeling great most times she was down there. 😿

These are both December 29, 2019. Same as that video above. A later meal though.
27BE1A2D-D7AE-4ECC-87BA-38D8A1AD44C9.jpeg 22741BD6-CE7F-4517-BB84-3091B15854B0.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista definitely loved her trees And refrigerators. 😹😻 But under the bookcase was where she went to digest. A lot of post meal bookcase time was her scrunch-face, toughing out some gut pain from pancreatitis or IBD. Or sometimes tooth pain. 😿 But once she got through the worst of it and slept it off, she would emerge and come looking for me or a tree near me. Under the bookcase looked cozy. But I know a lot of times (thanks to that camera), that she wasn’t feeling great most times she was down there. 😿

These are both December 29, 2019. Same as that video above. A later meal though.
View attachment 405883View attachment 405884
Such a sweet little angel face. :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob: