Recurring Fever 7 Month Kitten

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe now, looking back, I could have strengthen his immunity earlier. Or checked for the virus...or whatever.
You could have tested for the corona virus, but that would not have helped prevent this - nor is there any treatment to stop corona virus from mutating. I don't even think there is still enough known about it that any vet would have recommended you try to strengthen his immune system after he would have tested positive for the corona virus.

Literally, there is nothing you could have done. So, please don't dwell on the 'what-ifs'. Spend time with your baby and love him all you can.

I don't know that I would ever do it again, but when Tawny was diagnosed with FIP, we did have the vet drain his belly fluid a couple of times to relieve pressure on his abdomen/chest. It did make him feel better, but in all reality - other than to give myself more time to digest to the whole thing - what was I really accomplishing? It was long ago enough that perhaps nowadays vets would discourage such a thing - I don't know.

What is his name? And, should you feel like it, we would love to see a pic of him - totally understand if you do not feel/want to.

Keep talking with us if you want to just vent and help express some of the feelings you are going through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

remus07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner I will keep you and everyone posted. I am not sure what tests are next because 3 different vets just told me ... no hope. I was thinking about fluid as well..and maybe testing that too. But all my mind is saying ... "why more pain and scare at vets... just because you are paranoid".

I've put a picture as avatar ... :'(

Thanks for ...listening!

remus07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner I will keep you and everyone posted. I am not sure what tests are next because 3 different vets just told me ... no hope. I was thinking about fluid as well..and maybe testing that too. But all my mind is saying ... "why more pain and scare at vets... just because you are paranoid".

I've put a picture as avatar ... :'(

Thanks for ...listening!
And his name is Oslo ... but I always call him Little Oslo ... because he was tiny from the first day I saw him.

*excuse the double post, I have no ideea how to edit a post. I work in IT, am a developer, but my brain is totally dead right now.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oslo is so adorable, and very photogenic (or, is that photographic - idk)!!!

There are a few restrictions on what 'newbies' on this site can do (like editing) until they reach a certain number of posts. Pardon me, but I don't remember how many. Should one of the monitors/staff see this post, they will advise you about that. There is also a 'Site Help' section under "Social Forums" that also might address this (maybe you would like a little distraction for a few minutes by reading through it??).

When you feel up to it, go back and read the article I shared with you about the more definitive test for FIP - the FIP Virus RealPCR test. At least you could ask about it with the vet. It can be performed by using the belly fluid - so, yes, you would have to weigh out whether you want to put Oslo through it. :alright:

remus07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately his state is deteriorating. He is drinking less and only eating a specific food twice before fully rejecting it. He is breathing heavily and rapidly... And is overall loosing weight. (Not so visible due to the fluid... But at touch I can tell)

I am afraid tomorrow will be a very hard and sad day. I hope ... He will understand ...

Thank you all again so much for the nice words. Please say a prayer tomorrow morning... :(