Recs For Links That Explain Cat Food Ingredients In Easy-to-understand Terms? :-)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@PushPurrCatPaws @white shadow
!!!WOW WOW WOW!!!
I LOVE the people on this site - cheeser cheeser take a look at the 2015 version of pushpurrcatpaws link to reviews . com - as suggested, when you click on a yellow box for instance of BHA or BHT the box expands a little and gives a bit more of an explanation of why.
I'm doing a major serious happy dance, you all ROCK :thumbsup: :yess:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! Also those cute little voles or maybe the little endangered rodents and birds that all those activists complain about. They can be a “premium” brand and you can probably charge more! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I was able to find the main page of the 2015 Review on Internet Archive, as @white shadow suggested.
It is here:
Best Cat Food Reviews of 2015 - Reviews.com
Thanks again for finding that link! Now that I've skimmed through it a time or two, I distinctly remember having read it way back when. Up until then, I had naively just assumed that pet food companies made their own products, and this was the article where I began to learn about co-packers, and that we needed to be careful re: more stuff that just which ingredients were on the label. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you happen to have the (old/original) URL (link) for that list ?

The info might have been captured on Archive.
Thanks for that wonderful idea! I had completely forgotten about that site! :worship:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheeser cheeser squirrel or lizards, ...see, there's your new startup business niche
Well, that would be one way to get rid of those pesky squirrels. :lol:

I used to think they were cute. Then they started chewing through wires, knocking out our internet connection, and taking out the transformers. And trust me, that's infuriating when it's 100 degrees and what seems like 110% humidity, and we're without power for several hours during the hottest part of the day. Grrr!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! Also those cute little voles or maybe the little endangered rodents and birds that all those activists complain about. They can be a “premium” brand and you can probably charge more! ;)
I have to confess, it always bothered me when I'd see Buddy kill a bird or something in our yard. I know that's how nature works, but I always felt sorry for the poor little critter that had become his dinner. That's why I starting sneaking some food to him, so maybe he wouldn't feel the need to hunt as much, and some cute little critter could live to see another day. Of course, we all know what often happens when you start feeding a stray. :wink:

But I wouldn't mind if certain species would become endangered. Oh, like snakes. I'm terrified of those things! :)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was Olive that would kill mice or rats in our backyard. She always left the heads and tails (thanks!). I must say omg only felt bad for myself lol. I’d feel worse for a bird though.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
cheeser cheeser did you happen to contact Dog Food Advisor about their cat site? Sometimes If a company makes both dog and cat food I'll go to that site to see what their dog food is like. If it's labeled plant based with lots of fillers chance are their cat food isnt much better.

But I just can't wait for them to finish. I hope they complete it.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheeser cheeser did you happen to contact Dog Food Advisor about their cat site? Sometimes If a company makes both dog and cat food I'll go to that site to see what their dog food is like. If it's labeled plant based with lots of fillers chance are their cat food isnt much better.

But I just can't wait for them to finish. I hope they complete it.
Eep. I got busy and forgot all about that! *hangs head in shame*

Okay, I just contacted them. I'll let ya know as soon as I receive a response. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that was fast. :)

MeganLLB MeganLLB , I just heard back from Dog Food Advisor. Sounds like their cat website won't be ready for launch anytime soon, but will be really nice when it is ready.