Rachael Ray Nutrish cat food?

tnawrestling62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It all depends on what you can afford & what your cat's will eat. I can afford Dr Gary's Best Breed Grain Free dry cat food & it has a seal at the top of the bag to keep the food fresh. It last about 3 months on my 1 female cat I get it in the 15-lb bag on chewy.com. I had a bag of Rachael Ray's zero grain dry cat food. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the kibble

Leticia Rossy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Puerto Rico and I am a volunteer at A Cats Last Resort in Rio Blanco Naguabo. After the devastation caused by hurricane Maria we were into a big crisis. We shelter 180 cats and 25 dogs in this no kill shelter. Fortunately somebody donated to us about 300 pounds of Rachel Ray Cat food. It was a God Send. All cats LOVED it and we were able to feed them all in the middle of the worst crisis we have ever experienced.
Carol Janus (originally from New Jersey) a 73 year old woman takes care of the shelter. Almost 7 months after the hurricane she still has no electricity but this amazing woman will not give up.
I help her as much as I can because I admire her.
Thank you Rachel Ray for a wonderful donation that helped our loving cats at the worst moment.
Leticia Rossy 787-717-2619

Leticia Rossy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Puerto Rico and I am a volunteer at A Cats Last Resort in Rio Blanco Naguabo. After the devastation caused by hurricane Maria we were into a big crisis. We shelter 180 cats and 25 dogs in this no kill shelter. Fortunately somebody donated to us about 300 pounds of Rachel Ray Cat food. It was a God Send. All cats LOVED it and we were able to feed them all in the middle of the worst crisis we have ever experienced.
Carol Janus (originally from New Jersey) a 73 year old woman takes care of the shelter. Almost 7 months after the hurricane she still has no electricity but this amazing woman will not give up.
I help her as much as I can because I admire her.
Thank you Rachel Ray for a wonderful donation that helped our loving cats at the worst moment.
Leticia Rossy 787-717-2619

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've heard from a lot of people that their animals developed significant diarrhea while eating Nutrish. Obviously that's all anecdotal and I don't know if there were other factors involved (how food transition was done, etc.) but I've heard it from enough different sources that I would hesitate to recommend the brand.

remmiebrandt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well first, thanks for caring for all those homeless cats. I am sure that food was better than no food but if you can afford anything else - I wouldn't recommend Nutrish. It has sawdust in it - today not even fancy feast has sawdust. It contains every gum, toxin, M Bisulfate (synthetic vitamin K) - nothing in it is really NUTRISH. I tried it when it first came out and my cats vomitted every time and thank god they did because it had an excess vitamin D and had to be recalled. I am not sure they ever got the formulation correct. It is not a company in the business of producing pet food and you can tell Rachel Ray just wanted something produced fast and cheap so she could capitalize on it while her name still means something. Doubtful much research went into the product. It is lower in phosphate and sodium than a lot of other foods though which is a benefit if you have a CFR (Kidney diseased) cat but that's probably because there's virtually no real meat or protein based ingredients in it - except for that sawdust. Anyway those poor displaced cats are probably happy to have it - I just hope it doesn't make them sick because they probably will suffer without proper vet care.

falpun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought this product for my cat a few weeks ago thinking it would be a nice change from what she's been eating. The first time she ate it, she puked some of it up. I found a hairball and thought that might be the reason. I fed it to her again a few days later. She didn't puke it up, but in the litter box it looked exactly the same coming out as it did going in. Now she won't even touch it. I have thrown the rest of the box out. Maybe the box was bad, but I would not recommend this product.