Question of the Day, Wednesday, November 27, 2019

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent the day cooking. I made 3 pies (pumpkin, apple and chocolate cream), 2 kinds of dressing since my daughter is vegetarian, roaster Brussel sprouts, vegetarian lasagna, and marinated mushrooms. Thursday all I have to do is roast the turkey, cook the green beans almondine, make my French bread, buttermilk biscuits, gravy and reheat the other sides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For all of you buried under snow, I was just outside in a tee shirt and sweats, and was totally comfy. AND I WOULD TRADE PLACES WITH YOU IN A HEARTBEAT!

The turkey is almost done, then I'll put the casserole and dressing in. Y'all know I eat late.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For all of you buried under snow, I was just outside in a tee shirt and sweats, and was totally comfy. AND I WOULD TRADE PLACES WITH YOU IN A HEARTBEAT!

The turkey is almost done, then I'll put the casserole and dressing in. Y'all know I eat late.
I was outside in a tshirt and leggings. It was great. Not too hot. Not too cold. :cloud9:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
A tree limb from a rotten tree recently fell. I was woken today by my neighbor's chain saw. He saw it yesterday and wanted to take the limb for firewood. It was suspended over my driveway and I was a little worried about it falling on a vehicle passing under it - it was a big branch, two feet by fifty feet! I went out and helped, running tools down, dragging limbs around and putting the limbs in a pile. Afterwards, the person who house sat for him for the last ten days gave me a whole pumpkin pie she had baked! I am thankful to have neighbors today!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tree limb from a rotten tree recently fell. I was woken today by my neighbor's chain saw. He saw it yesterday and wanted to take the limb for firewood. It was suspended over my driveway and I was a little worried about it falling on a vehicle passing under it - it was a big branch, two feet by fifty feet! I went out and helped, running tools down, dragging limbs around and putting the limbs in a pile. Afterwards, the person who house sat for him for the last ten days gave me a whole pumpkin pie she had baked! I am thankful to have neighbors today!
I should think so!

And isn't it wonderful when your problem turns out to be a neighbor's solution, which in turn solves your problem? (Does that sound confused?) Serendipity is a wonderful thing.

Margret

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanksgiving is a really unique American holiday, on the order of the Fourth of July. It's too bad other countries don't have a similar holiday. It's a time for families to gather and enjoy each other, sort of like Christmas without the gift-giving.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanksgiving is a really unique American holiday, on the order of the Fourth of July. It's too bad other countries don't have a similar holiday. It's a time for families to gather and enjoy each other, sort of like Christmas without the gift-giving.
Then there's the alternative version - it's a day to eat way too much food and pass out while watching football (that would be American football) on television.

Margret

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We spent most of the week visiting one of our daughters out East and kept her company while she baked a pie from scratch on Wednesday. Her hubby was making a cauliflower gratin. :yummy: I was thrilled to be able to sit back, relax and keep their lovable pup company.:bluepaw:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there's that. I used to be a football widow. No more.
A few years ago there was an episode of "News from Lake Woebegone" on "The Prairie Home Companion" where one of the women in Lake Woebegone recorded the big Thanksgiving Day football game and saved it. And the next year on Thanksgiving she managed to secretly play the recording instead of the current game. She kept making remarks like, "On the next play, I bet so-and-so will manage a 60 yard field goal," leading the men in the room to look at her in awe when her "predictions" all came true.

I'm not sure just how we came to miss watching football this Thanksgiving; for some reason this year Roger wanted to spend the entire day watching a series of shows about country music on PBS. I mostly just let it go by my head; the background music was fine and I had a good book to read.

Margret