Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 8

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*LATE EDITION*

My pardons everyone! Was a crazy day yesterday and today :lol: But all is well!

Now on to the Q!

What food do you like cold? As a Leftover/Second Day thing?

A prime example: Pizza! Of course it's great hot, but I am also one of those many people that likes cold pizza too. I also really like cold popcorn (It's like all the butter and salt gets to marinate in the popcorn for a bit) and my mom in particular really enjoys cold corn on the cob.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't think of anything that I prefer cold. There are things that I think are better reheated the second day. The one that I can think of that is always better the second day is beef stew but I reheat it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making a toasted sandwich with cold, thinly sliced meatloaf is really good.
I have also eaten leftover pirogi (with bacon and onions) cold, and it was surprisingly very good so now I don't bother to heat them up if I bring them for lunch at work.
I'll also eat leftover chicken fingers cold, and my husband will eat wings cold.
There are quite a few things we'll eat cold.....although sometimes it's just out of pure laziness!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only cold things I eat are cereal, fruit, sandwiches. I've had cold beans on a sammich, and cold hard boiled egg.
Can't really think of anything else, I prefer hot meals.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reheat all leftovers if they were originally hot. The only thing I can think of that I will eat cold is the Thanksgiving turkey that I will then put in sandwiches.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The only normally hot food that I will eat cold is canned baked beans. Those taste good straight from the can. Otherwise I want hot foods hot and cold foods cold. I do have one quirk about my meals though. I always need to have one cold food on my plate or it just doesn’t feel like a complete meal. So whether cold salad, raw veggies, and things like pickles or olives with every meal.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Naengmyeon is an icy broth with cold buckwheat noodles. I love it. Kind of spicy and pickly flavored with sweet pickled radish and cucumbers in it. My favorite kind also includes fruit. Most common is Asian pear, but one or two places use watermelon which is also very, very good!
1599698466263.png

Otherwise I just love sandwiches and salads and fresh veg! To me, there's nothing worse than a cooked carrot (unless in a cake, of course)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti. I love cold spaghetti---the sauce sticks to the noodles better. I have also made cold spaghetti sandwiches but the bread needs to have garlic spread on it, lol.

And, yeah, pizza and fried/rotisserie chicken are old standbys.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get roasted chicken subs from Subway and I really like to eat the other half the next day after sitting in the fridge overnight. Other than that, I can't really think of anything I eat cold that is usually served hot/warm. When I was a teen, I'd eat cold pizza for breakfast but I grew out of that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spaghetti sandwiches
You know I'm gonna have to try this now! Sounds weird, but I love spaghetti & I love sammiches. 🥪🍝

I haven't had apple crumble for years!
That's the only kind of dessert I like, with crumbles, like crumb cake.

subs from Subway and I really like to eat the other half the next day after sitting in the fridge overnight.
OMG, I love subs after they have been in the fridge a day or two and they get all soggy!