Question Of The Day - Tuesday, September 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday Everyone! :cool2:

If you have more than one cat, do you give them a group nickname?

I know we all give them individual enduring nicknames :blush: but if you have a pair/duo or more of them together, and you call them a unifying nickname as a whole group.

For example:

When I see my clowder of kitties, especially when I am arriving home and they all greet me at once, I call excitedly them "My cookies" "Boogie Monsters" or simply "My Babies" and "My Cat Babies"

And other gushy variations such as "Awww I love my precious little cookies" "Time to feed the cat babies/boogie monsters; Let's go my little boogie monsters!"

I know my friends and coworkers call theirs the "The Clan" "Munchkins" "My Overlords/Bosses" "My Precious Farts" "Lovelies" and "Fur babies" and so forth.

How about you?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just call them "kitties," and they know who the "kitties" are. They come running when I holler "Kitties!"
DreamerRose DreamerRose - Same here; if I've been outside I always say, "hel-loooooooo, kitties!" when I come in - and when I call them for meals, I always say, "kitties, kit-ties, kittttttt-ties..." and wait for them to come running before I start singing the Kitty Breakfast Song, or the Kitty Dinner Song or the Kitty Supper Song.

Breakfast time for kitty cats,
The little kitty cats are having a wonderful time today;
See them run for Fancy Feasts,
The kitty cats are such ferocious beasts!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My kids have always been known as The RugCats.

Mollipop, Tabby, and Muffin are collectively called The Three Meowsketeers. Our mail-lady loves when the kids get letters and packages that are addressed to The RugCats or The Three Meowsketeers.

Since BooBoo passed away, we only have females, so when I need them, I simply say, "Girls!" and they all come running. However, each cat knows her name and will respond accordingly.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lucie, Gemma and Kara are The Hooligans (sisters). Years ago, when they were kittens, my BIL was staying the weekend. When I inquired if he slept well, he said, "I would have, if it weren't for the little soccer hooligans tearing the room apart (they tore the mini-blinds apart, as they wanted to look out the windows).

The new kittens are called The Rude Boys, even though two are girls. In Jamaica, "rude boys" or "Rudy" were gangs that would go into movie theaters and rip up the seats and cause general havoc. When the kittens first came into the living room, they ran on the sofa, knocking the cushions off and caused havoc. I love reggae, and when I saw them doing that, I had the song, Shanty Town by Desmond Dekker playing in my head. I even named one Rudy, since she was the ringleader, or the rudest of the rude boys (we thought she was male, but think she's a girl!).

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I feel like I am demeaning them when I call my three male tough guys, "Sugar babies," but it fits! Then I will demean them further by calling them "Love bunnies" or "Angel kittens." And if I am feeling particularly mean, I will call them, "Baby angels." I am ridiculed greatly by friends and family for this behavior.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I feel like I am demeaning them when I call my three male tough guys, "Sugar babies," but it fits! Then I will demean them further by calling them "Love bunnies" or "Angel kittens." And if I am feeling particularly mean, I will call them, "Baby angels." I am ridiculed greatly by friends and family for this behavior.
LOL! Your post reminds me of my dad. He used to call my brothers honey in front of their friends and they would get picked on sooooo bad! :lol::lol::lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're man enough to take it ;)
We ran out of supplies and had a male foster dog in a pink collar for two weeks. He didn't care. :hyper: