Question Of The Day, Sunday, November 4, 2018

Resigned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I remembered it. DST changes always give me a headache because I have a really good internal clock, and it messes it up.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I went through the house Saturday night before we went to bed. I still have to change the clocks in Clarence and in the Tucson. I'll get to it....at some point; I haven't driven the Tucson in a couple of weeks. Rick already did his truck.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't envy any of you. It is so nice not to have to mess with any of this. And yes, it gets dark around 5pm in the winter. And yes, the sun comes up around 4am in the summer, but that's just how it is and it doesn't need messing with.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered the night before and the morning of, so clocks were changed and things like my phone and TV happily switched automatically. So around the house it was pretty dandy.

Until I got in my car to head to work, and for a split second had a hard attack thinking I was leaving an hour late :lol: totally forgetting about the clock on my car! Definitely had a whole "*GASP* WHAT OH SHIZZNIT-...wait...oh right... daily savings time" :doh: :thud:

Blood pressured lowered and proceeded to jobbing location on time and just fine!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I knew it was happening but confused as to how to set my watch. I was on a flight from Ecuador, which was two hours ahead of CA. The plane was supposed to arrive in San Francisco at 12:08 a.m. I didn't know if that took DST into account or not.

In the end, it didn't matter much if the clock said 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. when I got home, I was just as tired either way. :lol:

I remembered the night before and the morning of, so clocks were changed and things like my phone and TV happily switched automatically. So around the house it was pretty dandy.

Until I got in my car to head to work, and for a split second had a hard attack thinking I was leaving an hour late :lol: totally forgetting about the clock on my car! Definitely had a whole "*GASP* WHAT OH SHIZZNIT-...wait...oh right... daily savings time" :doh: :thud:

Blood pressured lowered and proceeded to jobbing location on time and just fine!
I did that, too. In fact, my car clock is still wrong--one of these days, I'll get into the owner's manual and figure out how to change it. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I didn't notice a thing - I completely forgot about it until someone reminded me ;) - I'm blaming my forgetfulness on @GreyLady 's football chili recipe I was focused on getting into the crockpot :thumbsup:
you didn't notice the time change until someone reminded you!!! :thumbsup: i can understand that!! :agree:

you were getting some chili going in your slow cooker! there's a good thing!! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, yeah but that was last night :thumbsup:
So, I've been zipping around getting all the clocks up to date, and all that's left is the one on my car radio, and my wristwatch which won't happen until later anyway since the battery is dead.
it sounds like you may have read the reminder here on TCS, and then waited until morning to change your clocks!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bliss::doh: We all slept in. I fed Gypsy her wet around 7am then she and I went back to sleep in the spare bedroom. Its windy and rainy outside, good weather to curl up with a cat and a book or TCS. Well since Scott goes to work today at 2pm I'd been keeping an eye on the time on the clock atop the tv and the one on the microwave.... About two hours ago I noticed the time on the phone.....and realized that time had "fallen back" :doh2::fallsmiley::thud:
you slept in, fed your Gypsy and then curled up with your girl and went back to sleep -- and didn't notice the time change until you looked at the time on the phone!!! :clap: that's great!! :agree:

i love when the weather gets cool/cold, because my cats will snuggle with me more! :catlove:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up at 4am old time..then got up turn the clocks back. The internet clocks had already changed. I tried to go back to sleep but ended up watching Chicago PD and really enjoyed it despite it being 3am in the morning! I love the time falling back. I abhor it going forward since I'm not good at waking up on time. And the one morning I could sleep in I was up at crack of dawn!! :lol:
it sounds like you remembered the time change!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

while i'm able to fall back to sleep after giving my cats their 'middle of the night' snack, other things can wake me up enough that i won't be able to fall back to sleep. :sigh:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's on my calendar and my phones calendar so I remembered. Last year I bought an analog wall clock to teach my kids to tell time. It needed a battery change but it's in a hard to reach spot so I never changed it back forward last spring before the battery ran out. So I decided to pull that down on Thursday and go ahead and set the time ahead then.
you remembered the time change!!! :clap: well done!! :D

i still have an analog wall clock in our living room -- cat themed. i really like them, even the tick-tocking of the seconds hand! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed my clocks before I went to bed last night. I slept horribly though and I've been periodically falling asleep throughout the day today. Daylight Saving Time ending does not apply to hungry cats though, so I was still woken up early by my two.
you remembered, and changed your clocks before going to bed the night before!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

DST doesn't apply to cat's internal 'clocks'! :catrub:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered. It was on my mind since I was going to a Cat Show on Sunday. My Shelter always brings several cats to show and it is just a lot of fun.

I think they need to do away with it. (DST, not the cat show) There is no real reason now to be changing time. It is just a big headache. On the east coast the kids go to school so early that it is dark anyway.

I have to change all the battery clocks at work tomorrow and a wall clock at home that is a real hassle. And the car clock. And it takes about 2 weeks for the people and animals to get used to the new time. It is just one more thing in the world to annoy me.
you remembered the time change, and humans and cats are in the process of getting used to the new time!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

how was the cat show? how did the cats your Shelter brought do there?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I did change the clocks... for some reason, I really cannot sleep well, after any type of time change... sigh...

creature of habit...
you did remember DST, and have changed the clocks!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

yes, time changes (as well as holidays) can throw people off. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of Australia put theirs forward, except us... here in Queensland the farmers complained bitterly and it didn't happen. So we live out of sync with the rest of the east coast.
My problem is when I need to ring a business in another state and I've left my run too late. Or when my more early-birdy friends who normally ring me at 7am forget and I get 6am phonecalls. That kind of thing. :rolleyes2:
that's very interesting! :agree: and it does sound a bit...complicated, trying to coordinate between Queensland time and the rest of the east coast.