Question Of The Day, Sunday, November 4, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto, same here, it's a very gloomy and rainy day. :storm:

Even if we wanted to forget to turn the clocks back we couldn't, i.e. they kept announcing it on the news all week.
you definitely remembered the time change!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered to reset clocks ... and I really wish they'd do away with it and leave us on standard time. The idea of splitting time zones into half-size with half hours is an interesting one, and I could see that (and leave us on standard time year round, and stop fussing with the clocks -- it's not only archaic, but it plays havoc on vulnerable people--cardiac issues, and messing with the timing of medications that have to be taken multiple times a day). It'd be an adjustment at first, but honestly it wouldn't be that hard to get the "What time is it in [other place]?" converters re-calibrated to provide more options.
you remembered to reset the clocks!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

those are good points! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered it. DST changes always give me a headache because I have a really good internal clock, and it messes it up.
you remembered DST!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

DST and simply winter with it's very short days are both challenging for me to deal with. i've learned to get the things done early that i need daylight to do, and then finish up the rest. this means that many days during the winter months, i'm still doing things well after it gets dark -- and that just seems so very wrong to me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick and I went through the house Saturday night before we went to bed. I still have to change the clocks in Clarence and in the Tucson. I'll get to it....at some point; I haven't driven the Tucson in a couple of weeks. Rick already did his truck.
you remembered DST, and you and your DH changed the clocks in your home before bed on Saturday night!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

that reminds me, i need to change the time on my wrist watch, too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't envy any of you. It is so nice not to have to mess with any of this. And yes, it gets dark around 5pm in the winter. And yes, the sun comes up around 4am in the summer, but that's just how it is and it doesn't need messing with.
i agree! it seems like it's much more to have to deal with by having DST, than it would be just dealing with the natural course of things. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered the night before and the morning of, so clocks were changed and things like my phone and TV happily switched automatically. So around the house it was pretty dandy.

Until I got in my car to head to work, and for a split second had a hard attack thinking I was leaving an hour late :lol: totally forgetting about the clock on my car! Definitely had a whole "*GASP* WHAT OH SHIZZNIT-...wait...oh right... daily savings time" :doh: :thud:

Blood pressured lowered and proceeded to jobbing location on time and just fine!
you remembered and changed clocks in your home, but the clock in your car 'threw you off' briefly!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew it was happening but confused as to how to set my watch. I was on a flight from Ecuador, which was two hours ahead of CA. The plane was supposed to arrive in San Francisco at 12:08 a.m. I didn't know if that took DST into account or not.

In the end, it didn't matter much if the clock said 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. when I got home, I was just as tired either way. :lol:

I did that, too. In fact, my car clock is still wrong--one of these days, I'll get into the owner's manual and figure out how to change it. :lol:
you remembered DST, but between the difference in time from Ecuador to CA and not knowing whether the flight arrival took DST into account......:dunno: i can totally understand that!! :agree:

i have a little digital thermometer in our living room that has a clock on it. i never change that clock, and when i look at it i always know the time isn't usually correct.