Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 2, 2018

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever tried using Mayo. instead of butter when toasting the bread? I read it somewhere one time and thought it was a joke till I tried it.
Does the mayo go on the inside or the outside of the bread? I know when making grill cheese on the stovetop, you put the butter on the outside.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast beef on french bread with provolone, mayonnaise and spinach with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to become vegetarian, but still, some of my favorite sandwiches are meat-based like turkey, chicken salad (with grapes, the grapes are essential), and anything with bacon. One vegetarian sandwich I love is cucumber sandwiches with pumpernickel bread and a spread made with cream cheese and ranch dressing mix.
some of your favorite sandwiches are cucumber with a cream cheese-ranch dressing spread on rye bread, turkey, and chicken salad with grapes!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

that spread to go in your cucumber sandwich sounds excellent, like it makes the sandwich perfect! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled cheddar cheese with touch of mustard and sour cream and lots of chopped rosemary on french bread.
grilled cheddar cheese with a bit of mustard and sour cream and lots of chopped rosemary on french bread, is your favorite sandwich!!! :clap: now that sounds like a very interesting sandwich!! :agree:

i can't 'do' the rosemary leaves/needles. :headshake: many years ago, i had some lasagna with lots of whole (not chopped) rosemary needles in it......that came back up shortly after eating it. so i only use crushed rosemary.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smoked ham with lettuce and tomato. Scrambled egg, bacon, grilled onions, and catsup on toast. Fried Spam sandwich.
those sound like very tasty sandwiches!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i especially like the sound of the scrambled egg, bacon, grilled onions, and catsup on toast! i love pretty much all tomato products (and eggs), so catsup is used often here.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Classic grilled cheese and ham and tomato

Blt with lots of mayo

Peanut butter toast and bananas

Pickle loaf deli meat and mayo and mustard. Crisp lettuce. Pickles.
all great choices of favorite sandwiches!!! :clap: and i think i've had pickle loaf deli meat before -- and loved it! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I’m eating out, it’s a Reuben sandwich. At home, it’s a PB&J with the ‘J’ being raspberry jam. I do love grilled cheese sandwiches but the closest I get to the traditional grilled cheese these days is melted cheddar on a bagel.
your favorites are a Reuben sandwich if eating out, and a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich at home!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

melted cheddar on a bagel sounds good, too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled cheese with mayo, PB&J with grape jelly, fried egg with cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, turkey with cheese, lettuce & tomato.
that's an excellent group of favorite sandwiches!!! :clap: mmmm...egg salad!! :D

ahhh, another who likes grape jelly! :yess:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love sandwiches. I could probably live on them. Some of my favorites are

Grilled cheese. Sometimes with ham or tomato or bacon or a combo of those. ALWAYS well done. foxxycat foxxycat that sandwich was cooked perfectly IMO.

BLT
Club sandwich
Roast beef and horseradish cheddar on pumpernickel bread
Tomato sandwich with Hellmann's mayo.
Everything bagel with cream cheese, sliced tomato and thinly sliced red onion.
Peanut butter on soft white bread with raspberry jam
Sweet slice ham with imported swiss on wheat bread with mayo
Meatball sub with sharp provolone
Cheesesteak with provolone cheese, sauteed onions and jalapenos
The Thanksgiving leftover sandwich: turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce with mayo. I've made it with rye, pumpernickel and white breads- all good.
those sandwiches sound fantastic!!! :cloud9: and we really could live on sandwiches, there are so many different kinds!! :agree:

have you tried roast beef with gorganzola cheese? that makes a very tasty sandwich. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes2::yeah:
~ Don't forget bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwich ~
your favorites are turkey or bacon, alfalfa sprouts and avocado with muenster cheese sandwich, and bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

at the auction earlier this week, they had 6 pound blocks of muenster cheese......:thud:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BLTs and Reubens. Every now and then I need a good bologna or salami sandwich too. It takes me back to my childhood. :lol:
your favorites are BLT's and Reubens, and every so often you need a bologna or salami sandwich!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i really like bologna and salami sandwiches, too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always liked concord grape jelly. But it never tasted like the grapes I tried. And then I moved to where I live now, and there was a concord grape vine in my side yard. And the grapes taste like concord grape jam! Who knew? :dunno:

I like egg sandwiches with lots of diced mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, cheese, kalamata olives and whatever else I have lying around. Often with rye.

I make Reubens and other sandwiches depending on what I have.
your favorite is egg sandwiches with lots of veggies many times on rye bread, and you make Reubens and other sandwiches!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

i do love egg sandwiches! :redheartpump:

oh wow! you have a concord grape vine in your side yard!! :cloud9: