Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 2, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuna, grilled cheese, peanut butter and grape jelly.

Not all at once, of course ;)
your favorites are tuna, grilled cheese, and peanut butter and grape jelly!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i especially love grape jelly with peanut butter. when i was young, i preferred strawberry jelly with peanut butter, and then as an adult i found that grape jelly tasted much better. and i love concord grape jelly, as opposed to...regular grape jelly. do you like concord grape jelly?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Chickpea of the Sea' :) (mock tuna made with garbanzo beans), on toasted whole wheat bread with Dijon mustard, lettuce, and tomatoes. :yummy:
your favorite sandwich is 'Chickpea of the Sea' on toasted whole wheat bread with Dijon mustard, lettuce, and tomatoes!!! :clap: that sounds yummy!! :agree:

reading that, Chickpea of the Sea, made me smile......just a great name for mock tuna made with garbanzo beans! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deli Black Forest Ham and Swiss Cheese on some type of whole grain bread. I actually prefer mayo on it but I usually have a spicy brown mustard to cut down on fat. Very occasionally I want a grilled cheese and that is with some type of mild cheese that melts well on white bread.
most excellent sandwiches!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

i like ham and swiss! and i like to alternate between mayo and mustard, spicy brown being a favorite kind.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Sandwich piled high with veggies, cheese, mayo, & hot peppers
that sounds like a great sandwich!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i used to go to Subway occasionally, and i'd always get their (was it) scrambled eggs or omelet on flatbread with assorted veggies packed on it. there were way more veggies than egg, and it tasted so very good! :yummy:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your favorites are tuna, grilled cheese, and peanut butter and grape jelly!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i especially love grape jelly with peanut butter. when i was young, i preferred strawberry jelly with peanut butter, and then as an adult i found that grape jelly tasted much better. and i love concord grape jelly, as opposed to...regular grape jelly. do you like concord grape jelly?
Concord grape is my favorite :yummy:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
i love concord grape jelly, as opposed to...regular grape jelly. do you like concord grape jelly?
I always liked concord grape jelly. But it never tasted like the grapes I tried. And then I moved to where I live now, and there was a concord grape vine in my side yard. And the grapes taste like concord grape jam! Who knew? :dunno:

I like egg sandwiches with lots of diced mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, cheese, kalamata olives and whatever else I have lying around. Often with rye.

I make Reubens and other sandwiches depending on what I have.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I ha
oh my! that sounds like a very tasty sandwich!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

you know, i've never had watercress. :dunno:
I have those without the watercress. Must be my British genes.

Faves:

Greasy cheeseburger with melted blue cheese

Reuben

Turkey Bacon Club

Steak sandwich on grilled sourdough bread with with cheddar

Tomato and fresh mozzarella on fresh Italian bread

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Reubens are #1 in my book; I just love them.

For New Year's Eve, while we're watching movies, I make what we've been calling The Big Sandwich. I made my own loaf of round bread earlier in the day. We slice the loaf in half lengthwise. Slather the bottom with mayo. And then layer whatever we want, usually lettuces, deli meats, thinly-sliced tomatoes, several kinds of cheeses, whatever we have on hand. Slather mustard over the top slice of bread. Then we wrap the loaf in foil and throw it into the oven long enough for the cheeses to melt down into the sandwich and everything gets warm. The. Best. Big. Sandwich. EVER! For some reason, it's a NYE thing. I hardly ever make it throughout the year.

Dear Richard's family-famous hamburgers rock. Wonderful things, they are.

I'm a fan of Lebanan Bologna, but it's something we don't buy often. I like the sweeter bologna. Two slices of butter bread with a few slices of Lebanon stacked between them. Sometimes I'll throw mustard into the mix, but really it's butter most of the time.

I'll take a ham-and-cheese hoagie, with a wee bit of wee hot peppers. Just a wee bit.

A good tuna salad sandwich hits the spot on a hot summer's day.

Last, but not least, I love pulled pork sandwiches on homemade crusty rolls and a side of cole slaw. I make a shredded beef for sandwiches that is really good, too.

I'll shut up as I'm now starving to death.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I brown-bagged it all the way through school, and always had at least one PB &J sandwich, and always with Welch's concord grape jelly. In fact there is a jar in my refrigerator right now.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
One night, many, many, many moons ago, Rick and I had been out at a local pub. We got home and we weren't feeling any pain. We were starving, simply starving. We got a jar of strawberry preserves out along with a loaf of bread. And before we knew it, we had scarfed down the entire loaf of bread with the preserves. And boy, was that ever good!

The next day? Not so much. I don't think I've had strawberry preserves since.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I'm vegetarian I'd probably have to say my favorite sandwich is a falafel on yummy pita bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and tahini sauce.

Last edited: