Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/20/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's said you can smell the scent of vanilla there, especially at night. There has
been a shortage of it because of a storm last year and now it's sooo expensive.
I would love to sit on a terrace or be in bed and be able to smell one of my fave
fragrances.
that sounds like it would be heavenly......to be able to smell the scent of vanilla there! :cloud9:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always wanted to visit Elvis's Graceland. But if I could only have one trip I would go to North Augusta. There are so folks there I would love to see.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, I just took a look at the long range forecast and I'm ready to change my mind. I've always wanted to visit Key West in Florida and a weekend jaunt might be a good change right now. :sunshine:
Believe it or not, KW is the least impressive of the Florida keys. Especially if you're going with kids. We went to the keys for our 10th anniversary back in '05. DD was with us. It's not nearly as impressive as I thought. As a matter of fact it was a huge letdown. It's small, the beaches are meh and it truly is a massive tourist trap. We didn't stick around long. The other keys (Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, etc) are better.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Believe it or not, KW is the least impressive of the Florida keys. The other keys (Marathon, Islamorada, Key Largo, etc) are better.
Ok, thanks, guess I'll have to change my travel plans. ;)

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's said you can smell the scent of vanilla there, especially at night. There has
been a shortage of it because of a storm last year and now it's sooo expensive.
I would love to sit on a terrace or be in bed and be able to smell one of my fave
fragrances.
I would love that too. Warm, tropical flowers and my favorite scent! That would be lovely! I did not know vanilla came from there.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks, guess I'll have to change my travel plans. ;)
We went to KW for our honeymoon in 1999. The beaches are rocky, but it does have the Ernest Hemingway house which is amazing. It has a lot of funky sights. I loved being there for a few days but would probably not go back.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to KW for our honeymoon in 1999. The beaches are rocky, but it does have the Ernest Hemingway house which is amazing. It has a lot of funky sights. I loved being there for a few days but would probably not go back.
I wouldn't go back either. Most of the other keys are much better. I remember getting to KW and feeling like, "this is IT?" There are a few things (like Hemingway's house) that are cool but unless you're going strictly to party, it's not that great. We had a then 10 year old DD with us so going just to party wasn't in the cards. She wasn't able to hold her liquor until around 12 or so.. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted to visit Elvis's Graceland. But if I could only have one trip I would go to North Augusta. There are so folks there I would love to see.
you'd like to visit Elvis's Graceland, but would love to visit some folks in North Augusta too!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D