Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/20/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning!! :hellocomputer:

it's still snowing here, and we have an accumulation of 14++ inches of snow right now, and more to come......:ohwell:

so for today's Question of the Day......

if you could take a trip anywhere in the world, right now (and our cats would be well cared for, for us), where would you go?

i'll start!

i wouldn't want to go anywhere too warm/hot. :headshake:

i think i'd like to visit Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada! the weather is relatively moderate there this time of year...currently mid-40's. :yess: and though i've visited Vancouver before, i have never been to Vancouver Island.

How about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always thought I would like to live in the high desert, someplace like Santa Fe New Mexico or Sedona Arizona. They still have definite seasons but none of them are extreme.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always thought I would like to live in the high desert, someplace like Santa Fe New Mexico or Sedona Arizona. They still have definite seasons but none of them are extreme.
I hope you have a lot of money. Sedona is a tourist town and very expensive. But it is pretty.

I think I would stay right here. Yes, we did have a couple of weeks of below 0 temps, but that is not normal. This past week or so it's been between 40-50° and is very nice. Although summer can have days (more like hours) with 100° temps, it's not like Phoenix where it's 102° at midnight.
Clear skies, no smog, low humidity and lots of wildlife. I'll just stay here.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hotter, the better.
Without any doubt… Isla Fernando de Noronha in Brasil. Incredibly beautiful !!!

If not...to Île Sainte Marie (Nosy Boraha) in Madagascar. It was a horrible experience to get there (we crossed the open sea in a pirogue (a very small wooden vessel)), but it was worth it.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing heavily where I am, so I'm thinking somewhere tropical, like Jamaica or the Bahamas.
You might want to rethink that. I had a friend who was from Hawaii, she said the roaches were the size of rats. I can't imagine any other tropical island being different.
I guess if you stay in the tourist spots, it would be ok though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Santa Fe, New Mexico or Sedona, Arizona!!! :clap: those sound like very nice places!! :agree:

i've traveled through New Mexico. just in my limited experience, it's cool/comfortably warm in the early morning and evening, cool/chilly at night, and the hot temps are (as kashmir64 kashmir64 said) mostly during the middle of the day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Mother Nature blessed us with 10.5" of snow Saturday but the sun is shining today. I baked yesterday, have a roast in the oven for DH and since I don't like heat/humidity I think I'll stay right here. Maybe in a week or two I'll change my mind. ;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you have a lot of money. Sedona is a tourist town and very expensive. But it is pretty.

I think I would stay right here. Yes, we did have a couple of weeks of below 0 temps, but that is not normal. This past week or so it's been between 40-50° and is very nice. Although summer can have days (more like hours) with 100° temps, it's not like Phoenix where it's 102° at midnight.
Clear skies, no smog, low humidity and lots of wildlife. I'll just stay here.
you'd stay right where you are!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

those temps, clear skies, no smog, low humidity, and lots of wildlife......:cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hotter, the better.
Without any doubt… Isla Fernando de Noronha in Brasil. Incredibly beautiful !!!

If not...to Île Sainte Marie (Nosy Boraha) in Madagascar. It was a horrible experience to get there (we crossed the open sea in a pirogue (a very small wooden vessel)), but it was worth it.
you'd visit Isla Fernando de Noronha in Brasil, or Ile Sainte Marie in Madagascar!!! :clap: great!! :D

wow, crossing the ocean in a pirogue!! :fear: that's brave!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iceland or Norway. I've wanted to go to both countries for a long time. I have Norwegian ancestry so I would love to visit where my ancestors are from.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a trip down to Georiga and surprise my best friend. Next month will be a whole 3 years since we've been friends. Thousands and thousands of messages, probably millions. Pictures, videos, etc. Would be the greatest thing if we could be in the same space. Love her to bits! :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe in a week or two I'll change my mind. ;)
Okay, I just took a look at the long range forecast and I'm ready to change my mind. I've always wanted to visit Key West in Florida and a weekend jaunt might be a good change right now. :sunshine:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely - Aren't you in Naperville? We only got 4 inches max here. That doesn't include what was already on the ground.

I'd go to Georgia, too. The paperwhites and camellias are starting to bloom now.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Dreamer Rose about the snow total. My hubby was out of town this weekend and is coming back today. He is a Chiefs fan and went to the game last night. He was originally leaving Saturday morning but decided to leave early afternoon on Friday. He split up the Drive to Kansas City and stayed with friends in suburban St. Louis Friday night. He did not hit any bad weather at all while driving to St. Louis or Kansas City. He just had to deal with really cold weather for the tailgating and football game. The weather was not as bad as they predicted it would be. I never even lost my satellite signal at all Friday or Saturday. I got home from work Friday before anything happened and I was off on Saturday. My friends drove over from Winfield and took me out for dinner Saturday night so I could get out of the house for a while. I am very glad to be off work today so I do not have to go outside in the cold. I work retail and it was really slow most of the day yesterday.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
South Korea, definitely. I've always been interested in Southern Asian culture and have become more interested in Korean culture (mostly pop culture though) lately. SK also seems like such a beautiful country and I'm really fascinated in Korean society.