Question of the Day, Saturday, the 10the of December, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully I never had a perm but after my first child was born I had put off getting a hair cut . My husband's cousin opened a beauty shop with a friend so I went there and asked for just a trim . We started talking and I wasn't paying attention - my fault. Instead of a trim he gave me a haircut similar to Liza Minnelli. :eek: It took quite awhile to grow out and needless to say I never went back to his cousin again.:nono:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The cut was bad, the perm was worse and I did not have curls as much as hair that seemed to stand on end in a sort of a Bride of Frankenstein way.
ha!!!bhow rude of te women at the restaurant

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been cutting my own hair since 2020, first because of covid, now because I'm retired and don't really care all that much.

I think some of the perms I had in the 1980s/1990s might qualify as disasters. I've seen some pictures.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to transition from dyed red to my natural dirty blonde - long story short I ended up with green hair lol

Another time I thought it would be doable to chemically straighten my hair with the same perm box solution people use to make permanent curly hair. My hair turned into a big ol' cotton candy mess.

Both of these instances happened when I was a young teen and both done at home :lol: lesson learned.