Question of the Day - Monday, November 21, 2022

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, and I hear about it. But in January they are getting a puppy. I have tried to tell her about dog messes that are MUCH worse than a bit of cat hair but she isn’t fully getting that yet.
Thats what my friend keeps saying when I talk about wanting a Golden Retriever. :lol: I haven’t had a puppy in decades but I did grow up around the breed. I’m sure there will be some learning and a puppy is a puppy…but:loveeyes:. :lol:
Your grandma sounds amazing. You and your family are so lucky to have her. I'm in assisted living and a lady here turned 104 last week. She gets around really well and she is as sweet as she can be.
Thank you it amazes me she’s been with us so long. Only God knows the number of our days; so we just appreciate what we’ve had with her. She isn’t the…spunky…lady she used to be; but we enjoy her as she is too. (Lots of childhood memories of her on the long corded phone in her kitchen gossiping and ranting with her sisters. As if we couldn’t hear the language from the other room! :crazy:) My Aunt is a retired nurse and she takes good care of her. My cousin and her husband are a nurse and nurse practitioner so she’s practically got a personal care team.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Even though it's just Rick and me for Thanksgiving and, often, for Christmas Day, I like things to be nice for us. We count, too. So I clean and I bake and I cook. We put out the "good" silverware and splurge on a bit of things that we might not buy during the year. And I enjoy doing those things.

Decorating the house is part of the holidays for me. I feel more festive, more content when I'm baking, when the house is decorated. We will often sit on the couch together at night with cookies and spend time looking at the lit tree and talking about where we got an ornament or something that my dad made for us. Or when our son was little and Christmas was magical for him. It's memories, too.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Your grandmother sounds like an amazing lady. And you're so fortunate that she's still with you. :hugs: