Question of the Day - Monday, November 21, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is a very special day because my Grandma turns 104 today. :redheartpump: She is my last living grandparent; so as if reaching this age wasn't special enough! I likely won't get to talk to her unless my Dad calls from her house; but cards are in the mail and the local family will celebrate. She's on the frail side but does get up and walk from place to place and enjoys watching her great-grandkids run around. 4 little boys (not counting my 2 because they are older) provide a lot of activity to entertain her. It's very sweet when I see them stop and talk to her and show her whatever little treasure they have with them. I think it's just as good for the kids to experience interacting with someone of her age too. :agree: She's a WW2 veteran herself and used to tell the best stories about her childhood and her time in the service; where she met my grandfather. Now she's the good listener.

Meanwhile we are here at home getting ready for Thanksgiving and getting emotional over breakfast food because I was hangry and Dunkin's app with my gift card on it was down. Don't worry; I still got a coffee and made myself breakfast at home and got my act together. :paperbag: I should have known to eat something before leaving to run errands! :lol2:

What does "getting ready for ____ holiday" mean for you?

For me it's cleaning/decluttering and making sure we've gotten everything required for the day-of menu. I really hope I'm done with grocery shopping. My turkey is defrosting. My house....that's a different story! You'd think after the fumigation my house would be spotless; but I was so spent after that I haven't really gotten everything back in place yet. Plus I'm trying to make it better than it was before. And that means I'm waiting on an Ikea delivery that won't be here until Friday anyway. :rolleyes2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning!!! Everything I kinda let go over the summer I have to catch up on now. Baseboards, blinds, decluttering, washing scatter rugs, cleaning sheets in the extra bedrooms, mopping all the floors. Defurring takes a lot of my time, I am dismayed seeing all the cat hair everywhere! I have enough to build several more cats! Under the beds is a nightmare, I remember when my grandson was about two or three and he slid under the beds. He came out looking like the abominable snowman!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cleaning especially the litter box and dusting plus not waiting until the last minute to go grocery shopping. Unless it's a fresh fruit or vegetable I like to get all my groceries the week before a holiday to avoid the rush and to insure that the store doesn't run out of anything I need.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
:santa:~ As most everyone close to me is either dead, dying or moved away the Christmas Holiday is a pleasant time for memories. Today holidays are more commercialized — but I am very lucky to have lived a time we kids could actually believe in Old Man Santa Claus 💕✨
71ocdkrcgyL._SL1300_.jpg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the centre of London with a friend at the weekend and all the Christmas lights were out, Christmas music was playing in the cafes and shops and the markets were up and running already. I certainly felt in the holiday spirit, and to me the Christmas lights being up are definitely the first marker of the holidays.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it is obsessively cleaning everything and especially looking for every bit of dust or cat hair. My sister is not a good housekeeper by any standard but when she comes to my house she will point out any bit of fur she might see or anything out of order. It’s rude but it’s my sister, so I just try to make sure there is nothing she can find fault with.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me is is obsessively cleaning everything and especially looking for every bit of dust or cat hair. My sister is not a good housekeeper by any standard but when she comes to my house she will point out any bit of fur she might see or anything out of order. It’s rude but it’s my sister, so I just try to make sure there is nothing she can find fault with.
she must freak out then after she gets home and finds the stray cat hair on her clothes here and there :lol:no matter how clean my dads house is nobody escapes without some type of cat or dog hair

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do some cleaning as I go kinda thing.My son and daughter in law have a couple of cats too,so they know about cat hair.Today was a prep ahead what I can day,and probably tomorrow as well.By doing so,for me,the day of isn't so crazy.That's my version of getting ready.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
she must freak out then after she gets home and finds the stray cat hair on her clothes here and there :lol:no matter how clean my dads house is nobody escapes without some type of cat or dog hair
Yeah, and I hear about it. But in January they are getting a puppy. I have tried to tell her about dog messes that are MUCH worse than a bit of cat hair but she isn’t fully getting that yet.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm hosting, then it involves a lot of cleaning, making sure I have enough seating, planning out the meal, and then when it comes to Christmas, also buying or making gifts for people. If I'm not hosting, that usually is just me coordinating with the host on what to bring.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it is obsessively cleaning everything and especially looking for every bit of dust or cat hair. My sister is not a good housekeeper by any standard but when she comes to my house she will point out any bit of fur she might see or anything out of order. It’s rude but it’s my sister, so I just try to make sure there is nothing she can find fault with.
Better off learning to ignore her, it's your house not hers. If she points out cat hair say yeah I have cats. What's your point?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly nothing anymore. I do think I would like to try getting the house in order before Christmas. At first I wanted to try that before Thanksgiving, but I have two doctor appointments today and I have no energy or motivation anymore.