Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fantastic ! Game of thrones maybe ? (I don't watch as you know however one or two of them must have a name from there :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, no although the girlfriend calls her Dany (as in Danerys Targarian from GOT) I named the first two after authors I fancy and the girlfriend got one Harry Potter and one Hunger Games. In this house we nerd hardcore. The pups are Zoe (from Firefly) and Loki (from both mythology and Marvel comics)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are going to hit the hay and get some sleep while she is sleeping too. We also just noticed that wee Willy Shakespurr has a white mark on his back that looks like, Well... A Willy. I laughed so hard I was crying. Of course my cat would give me an obscene kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats!

Are there 4 kittens or five? Weights are very healthy.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I count weights for five kittens too, but only photos and names for four. Love the names, thanks for posting pics so quickly.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only four kittens! They are all looking great at the 4 hour check in. I'll get more pics of baby and mama after some more sleep.

Last edited:

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
I see. I thought there were 2 black kittens at 102, but it was only one. From the names, do you already know there are three boys and a girl?

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, we have no clue. :) A local shelter is going to adopt them out when they are ready so we figured we could go with some silly puns and they wouldn't be saddled for life. Although getting girlfriend to give up Draco is going to be a struggle. He was the smallest and cooler than we liked for a second there. He literally spent time in her bra while the last one was being born.

Your boy is beautiful. He looks similar to her but darker. What kind of cat do you think she might be?

Last edited:

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I've been told he's a domestic shorthair, bi-color. I used to say cow print, but apparently that isn't an actual designation. He's been called harlequin and by some definitions tuxedo. He's a big boy; only 13.5 lbs but 39" from front paw to back paw in full stretch.

Keep up the pics. How is mama cat? Is she eating up a storm?

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mama is eating her little head off. It's a relief after the almost no food in the last day and a half or so. She was getting good at somehow getting the Kmr back out of the food no matter how mixed in and was just leaving the wet food behind. Stubborn kitty... she found the right house of hardheaded mamals to join. Today she took down the whole dish and another one about halfway right after. I've been giving her little servings and taking away what she doesn't finish, otherwise that room gets too smelly. She has not been interested in the dry food much, but has still been taking down a ton of water.

My only concern is that she is almost never in he box with the kittens when we check in, she is almost always back on her spot on the floor in front of the tv. She gets in there and feeds them when we are in there and it makes me think that she is wanting company? We did notice in the last two weeks that she doesn't seem to eat much unless we are right there. She will munch consistently when I am in the room, but the food levels have almost no change when I leave for a few hours and come back. I've been trying to give her some space and quiet today, but I might move my laptop back in there and get some work done while she feeds. Maybe I am just finding justification to be near the cuties. ;)

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
What's the update for today? Hope all is going well.