Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitty has been having regular contractions most of the day, she is just under three minutes apart right now, so I think we are fast approaching kitten time. She seems to prefer the hard wood floors to any of the places set up for her so I am keeping an eye out just in case I need to slip a towel under her.

She has been a real trooper so far. When she contracts I can clearly see two of the kittens on either side and she cannot be confortable, but she has been pretty quiet and will relax as long as I stay in the room. We ran out to get lunch earlier and when we came home I could hear her screaming her head off from outside, but as soon as I settled back in here she was fine. Poor baby just doesn't want to be alone.

We were joking earlier that she was meant to be my kitty because she waited until after the Game of Thrones season finale to have the babies. She happened to fall asleep with her head propped on a pillow facing the tv so it looked like she was just as engrossed as we were. By the way... no spoilers..but HOLY MOTHER was it a great episode. I cannot wait until next season to finish the story.
IMG_0058.JPG
Not a great picture without flash, but this is where she hangs out when I am working.
image.jpg
And here she is as I am typing this out. :)

Attachments

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting - time is nearly here !! Can't believe she even cried when you went out poor baby ... Wonder if it's her first litter? Game of thrones - strange never watched it but want to on 'catch up ' however there's 8 seasons isn't there.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The seventh season finale was tonight, but they have short seasons, so while it's a lot of material it's easy enough to catch up. We are obsessed with all things sci-fi/fantasy and this is one of the best. It's going to be at least 2019 for the next season to come out so you have plenty of time to catch up! She does not seem to like to be left alone at all these days. She is not usually very loud, but when you leave the room she starts making noise and pulling things off of tables, something she doesn't have any interest in when I am in here.

I have to admit I am glad it is time. I am not great at waiting, kitty is uncomfortable, and my girlfriend is just about done with me sleeping in the office. Between those two and the pups I am almost never alone anymore. :)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has started pushing. She really wants to have them on me, but I keep moving her to the biggest of the boxes and she seems to have taken to it now.

Edit: as long as I keep one hand in the box. My little badass is purring right through the pain. I melt.

Last edited:

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to your first litter of kittens. It looks like she's going to introduce you to the process up close and personal :) I had one that just recently gifted me with the same, view.

My new kitty's name is Beauty, she adopted me with four of her previous litter of kittens, whom I've now socialized and spoiled rotten. Beauty, is all black and has three little black babies. Makes for difficult photographic moments. We already have a bunch of cats we've already been adopted by so I wasn't prepared to keep any more but Beauty and I had a very personal connection over the last week, so she's got her new forever home now :)

Good luck! These lovely people here will help you through. Very supportive and knowledgeable bunch (and they seem to be able to help new adopted grandparents through the nervous part of the process).

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is my first cat...and I've had her about two weeks, but damned if she is not mine now. Her babies will go to good homes, but she is just as much my cub as my pups are now and I can't imagine not having her lounge just out of the action in any room I am in.

I was actually reading your post earlier, I never knew how many strays picked their own people when it was just about time for kittens. Thank goodness I had two weeks to prepare, I would be melting down if I hadn't researched the snot out of cats and queening the last few days. I'll take pics, but I am typing one handed at the moment so I'll keep this short.

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
people always think they've picked the kitty, the kitties pick us. That's why people think that cats are "independent" and "aloof", those kitties didn't pick those people. Independent, they sure are but if they're well loved, they can behave in the same pack manner that dogs do. Mine meet me at the door with their tails flying high. They adopt us, and then leave paw prints all over our hearts.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holy crap she had buried a little piece of styrofoam in the back of the box and it made a horrible noise and scared the crap out of me. I think I might be wound a little tight.

Skyeclad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I completely understand, just relax. She'll do all the work. If all goes well, you're simply an observer. If something goes awry, you're there to deliver her to someone who can help.

I spent Wednesday night last week laying on the floor with Beauty saying "push mama, push.. you can do this", so I completely understand :) How's your Lamaze training?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Good weights! Can't wait to see pics. Keep up the good work.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten 3 and 4 all black at 102 and another dark grey and white at 120. The little black guy is the only one not suckling. My girlfriend is getting the kmr and syringe ready. I think she might be done folks!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Little black kitten will hopefully grab a nipple soon ,