Pregnant Stray Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Getting a bit worried that the kittens will be to big for her cos she's only small but they are moving around loads

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ceeedge Ceeedge is going through very similar at the moment and her stray cat has been in labour for a while .. I'm sure will be fine

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awe this one isn't showing any signs of labour yet but she hasn't eaten as much today but that's about it

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Fifa,

Funny story, I am going through a similar situation at the moment. We had a little neighborhood stray that adopted us right before she was ready to go. I am starting to think that it was a combination of the heat and her very full belly that was causing the discomfort, but she has started to have some stuff coming out of her kitty parts. Looking at her tender bits was not something that either of us enjoyed.. but I talked really softly to her and my girlfriend helped by stroking her head and her belly while we were navigating around her tail. Maybe having an assistant with you will help?

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No milk or show ?
She's had no show but has milk but it's not dripping I just gave a little squeeze last night and it came out

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Fifa,

Funny story, I am going through a similar situation at the moment. We had a little neighborhood stray that adopted us right before she was ready to go. I am starting to think that it was a combination of the heat and her very full belly that was causing the discomfort, but she has started to have some stuff coming out of her kitty parts. Looking at her tender bits was not something that either of us enjoyed.. but I talked really softly to her and my girlfriend helped by stroking her head and her belly while we were navigating around her tail. Maybe having an assistant with you will help?
Hi ceeedge
I have been keeping an eye on her kitty bits lol buy has nothing coming out yet, our kitty adopted us too I will have to get my husband to try that while I take a proper look to see if there's anything going on I hope your kitty has hers soon too

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We can be unexpected kitten buddies :-) I have a virtual hand to hold should you need it! I know I have been being a bit of a spaz about this sweet little girl already and she hasn't even had the babes yet!

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha I'm the same I feel like I'm overreacting to everything.. I wasn't as bad having my own babies ah thanks it's reassuring knowing there's someone else in the same boat.. do you know how far your one is?

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We don't have any babies, so I had no idea! I have no idea how far long she is.. she is a stray that the neighborhood feeds and she has always been very sweet, even played with our boy when he was a puppy. I didn't even realize she was pregnant until she took advantage of an open door and got into his food. When I picked her up to set her back outside I realized she had quite the belly on her. Here we are just over a week later and... I am in love. I can't help it.. she is so very sweet and needy and it struck a cord inside. I have never been a cat person.. but SHE is a special kitty.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Both of your cats will have their kittens when their bodies are ready!

It's never easy waiting at the end, but best not to intervene, and wait for natural labor, unless the cat is ill or in distress! :)

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so just got up to find kali pushing... but there's something coming out that looks like a bag of yellow stuff

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First kitten is here oh the panic is over now ill keep you all posted xx

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't get back on yesterday momma had four kittens and both her and her babies are doing great