Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I will have a look at rhe plug in ones then

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does she has somewhere to hide a little? Cat igloo or sideturned cardboard box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she does she seems a lot more settled now I took the enclosure away she can free roam the room let's see how to ight goes

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tonight I meant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully, you and the cat will both enjoy a more restful night! :)

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could also use distractions like various toys. An outside cat that is used to hunting should enjoy things like fake mice. Nobody mentioned cat nip but that is also something I would try. Again it's short term but it is distracting and might help to get her mind off of escaping. That is what she is obsessing about, nobody likes to feel trapped.

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The girl in the pet shop told me not to use catnip while she was pregnant I got catnip treats but she has no interest or interest in playing with toys either she does like getting rubbed tho

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The girl in the pet shop told me not to use catnip while she was pregnant I got catnip treats but she has no interest or interest in playing with toys either she does like getting rubbed tho
This looks like one of those "use your own judgement" things.
Here is a short article from a pet meds company. It sounds like it has been well researched.
Is Catnip Safe? 5 Things You Should Know
They say it's completely non toxic. It's related to mint, in the mint family, and was once often used for a tea. I am sure you can find other articles as well. What is interesting is that it is only the smell that the cats are interested in. Like a pheromone it's action is one of a mood changer rather than a drug. Which would also explain why it's effect is so brief.

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I had done some research on the catnip amd from what I read it's ok to use but the girl was very young and had called another member of staff over but he was dealing with a customer so I told her it was ok that I would get the treats but like I said the cat kali as I'm calling her wasn't interested but my other cat kujo loved them

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No its actually 63 days today exactly 9 weeks I don't know how I counted wrong the other day but hopefully it happens soon.. she was a lot more calmer last night being able to roam the room she hardly cried at all bless her but is getting a lot more friendlier coming over for cuddles

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can stress stop a cat from having kittens or is it more likely to bring it on?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps not catnip as such, but the idea about distraction and giving something to do, is a good suggestion - worth a purraise. :)

You could also use distractions like various toys. An outside cat that is used to hunting should enjoy things like fake mice. Nobody mentioned cat nip but that is also something I would try. Again it's short term but it is distracting and might help to get her mind off of escaping. That is what she is obsessing about, nobody likes to feel trapped.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, stress can have influence - both way are possible, although they suppressing into delay is the most common. Too early delivery is sooner when extreme stress.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she chills out soon and trusts that you are helping. She may pick up if you are anxious too! I know mine goes and she has hidden when has once saw me cry !! Funny little things . She will probably have a 'show' discharge first so look out for this

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should go into labor in the next few days. For most cats it's around days 65-68. Cats can delay labor to an extent, but not forever.

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone x she is a lot calmer now she can roam around thank god I spent hours with her last night when my boy went to bed and she just lay beside me getting rubbed she still refuses to lay in a bed or even on a blanket I hope once she goes into labour that she will lay on a blanket

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's on day 63 today so by the end of the week she should have her little babies... I'm so excited to see them! I haven't seen a show yet but I'm watching for one she has gone toilet loads last night I had only put fresh litter sand in and it was all soaked and even on the mat around the tray was all soaked too

Fifa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is kali... how many babies do you think she will have? She has really started to lick the hair from around her nipples as you can see in the photo also she has a little discharge but cannot get a good look at her behind to see clearly

Attachments