pregnant cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,, Felix is doing really great. He's slowly becoming.very good friends with my male cat Sam, who previously absolutely refused any interaction with other cats, so that's great. I took a pic to post so here it is...I'm still struggling a little trying to get Tigger and Sam to he friends but watch this space. I have a good feeling about all this :-)

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's a good size considering he's still refusing to eat food bless him

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol it looks like that on the picture because hes laid in front of Sam. in reality he's about the quarter of his size if not smaller lol

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got what I hope is great news...Felix has eaten meat for the first time today. However I did have to mix a small amount of grated cheese with it but not a lot...I know he shouldn't have cheese or any dairy product but I am out of options.

He first ate the cheese when my little girl dropped some on the floor and when he ate it i offered him some kitten food soon after which he refused. But then I mixed some grated cheese in with it and he ate about a quarter of it.

It's just as well because I've decided he's too reliant on milk KMR and while eve I'm offering him that he will never wean. So unfortunately it's make or break for him now.

Also I take him around to next doors kittens which at 6 weeks old, are 3 weeks younger than Felix but are all the same size weight as him. He loves playtime with them and hopefully while they are all weaning onto solid foods he will copy them. I've take some photos and a video which I will try to upload.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some pictures of Felix playing with next doors kittens, it's highly likely they all have the same father so they are potentially his brothers and sisters :-)

Some of the pics are blurry because they wouldn't stay still lol

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
felix is such a good looking little boy!

it's really good that you're taking him to visit the next door (probably) sisters and brothers, as he'll learn how to play well with other kitties and humans too.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
does anybody know how I can upload a video on to this thread?? it wont l;et me do it, it says I have to put in an embed code or something...is it possible to upload your own videos.

ive had to upload to my friend youtube channel so I can put the youtube code on here so you guys can see it...what a mess about lol.

anyway, here is the link to youtube to watch Felix playing with his half brothers and sister, as I said earlier they are 3 weeks younger than he is and they are all the same size. Felix is the black and brown tabby. Beauty is the black and ginger tortie and the 2 black and white boys are Chomp and Sleepy lol.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay. GREat news that he finally ate some meat, I think you're right and you need to be limiting the amount of KMR available to him now and force him to become hungry. The pictures and video of him playing are so cute, it's great that you can give him that opportunity

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, its fantastic to see him playing with others his size. I think he could learn alot from them. They are just starting to wean so I take him round to see if he "gets" what he's supposed to be doing now.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Woohoo I think I've cracked it... Felix has 2 bowls of kitten meat with a sprinkle of cheese hehe...I'm so happy for him haha

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Felix is doing really well with his eating now, and I'm starting to wean him off the cheese which he doesn't seem to mind much at the minute. It's not given his tummy any upset.

However, we've been to the vets today and after a health check the vet was a bit concerned over Felix's heart rate. He wants to refer him to another vet so he can have xrays to check his heart and lungs. However they want to wait abit and see how things go.

My poor boy can't catch a break. It's been one thing after another what with the cesarean/spay, Tiggers milk issues, Felix feeding issues and now this. When will our troubles end.

Last edited:

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Felix is OK I have the same thing with are little one the vet thinks his heart rate is abit erattic we keeping an eye on it tho for now

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww hope your little ones ok. Felix is great at the minute, to think i was worried he wouldn't learn some important kitten skills because he was an only kitten. He thinks he's the boss of the others, he's so funny.

I'm also keeping a close check on felix's heart rate, though I'm not entirely sure what I should be listening for :-/ I guess I'll just know if it changes, there's cause for concern.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww poor little man I really hope it turns out to be noting serious, glad he's finally taking to the eating :D

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I haven't been on for a while but I just came back to inform you guys that after months of vet checks and misdiagnosis, Felix has finally been correctly diagnosed as having UNFUSED RIB CAGE. The vet said she has never seen anything like this before. After a second opinion I have been told that Felix should be able to live a normal life. His activity levels are normal and everything else seem fine with him, he's a bit small but nothing to worry about.

If anything changes in his behaviour I've to take him to the vet. But they are hopeful that in time his ribs will fuse together themselves. He loves to play with the other cats but his best friend is my dog Ruby, they love to play with each other. I have attached a recent pic of him. He is 20 weeks old now and I still count my lucky stars he's still here with us, thanks again to all you guys that helped me when I needed it the most.

bella1242

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello thank you for getting back to me, yes I have seen her kittens move since the 7th of August so quite a while now. my calculations say she is due on the 29th which makes her 62 days, but her nipples are very pink but no milk... I sorted a card board box out for her and it's under my bed (as my bed is quite high) she has sniffed around it for the last couple of weeks. However last night she went in it and ripped up all the news paper that I had put in it.. But only did this for about 5mins then just left my bedroom. She has been eating so much.. And as you can see from my photo of her that I took today she is very big. This is her first litter and will be her only so this might be a reason why her nipples arnt milking do you agree? Other than that she isn't showing anymore signs. I'm feeling rather anxious for her but I'm sure she will be fine.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello thank you for getting back to me, yes I have seen her kittens move since the 7th of August so quite a while now. my calculations say she is due on the 29th which makes her 62 days, but her nipples are very pink but no milk... I sorted a card board box out for her and it's under my bed (as my bed is quite high) she has sniffed around it for the last couple of weeks. However last night she went in it and ripped up all the news paper that I had put in it.. But only did this for about 5mins then just left my bedroom. She has been eating so much.. And as you can see from my photo of her that I took today she is very big. This is her first litter and will be her only so this might be a reason why her nipples arnt milking do you agree? Other than that she isn't showing anymore signs. I'm feeling rather anxious for her but I'm sure she will be fine.
My queens milk didn't come until she gave birth to her first kitten. I guess it can be because it is her first litter, but I honestly do not know. What She did with the newspaper is most definitely nesting. I would agree that she can be due any day now. Due you know an approximate date of when he got pregnant? The night before my queen gave birth she wanted me to rub and pet her belly. She never before let me do that. She also ate the night before she gave birth. She also didn't nest like most cats do. Don't be anxious your queen will know exactly what to do when the time comes. Try to be there just in case she needs you. Some queens like it when their humans are there and others don't. Good luck! 

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, it sound like your girl is getting close, although she could be like this for another week or so if your not absolutely certain when she's due. nesting behaviour started just a day before my Tigger went into labour. don't worry too much about her apparent lack of milk either, it will come. Some cats start releasing the milk during in or just after the birth. all I can say is when the time comes, you'll know just by her behaviour alone. many times I was convinced Tigger was having contractions, or her activity levels dropped, or her breathing rate changed. but when she actually went into labour I felt like a right numpty because it was obvious. good luck with your girl and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, whether its about her pregnancy or the birth or after, someone will always be here to help :-)

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pectus Excavatum?!?

Hi guys, I've decided I'm going to take Felix back to the vets for further examination and tests. I am not 100% satisfied with their diagnosis of Felix having an infused rib cag. After strenuous research and exhausting my Internet usage, i am almost positive he could have whats known as Pectus Excavatum?

His eating has never really been 'normal', his weight and size is not average for his age, his chest is shaped more like /_\ rather the normal (_). Also he has an indentation beneath his ribs but above his stomach, this indentation is extremely noticeable when he breaths. Also his breathing rate is really fast and I've been told previously about his slight heart murmur. Anybody else ever experienced this with their kitten/cat?

I can't post a clear pic of his body shape but I have this one where image drawn a line the show the shape of his chest.