pregnant cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is a fighter, and he's a real comic too. But his lack of interest in food concerns me. I've tried everything I can think of.

He used the litter tray for the first time on Wednesday, I was so chuffed lol. I was surprised too because he never even had to be put in it, he just went. At least something is going right.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg guys guess what, I finally managed to get Felix to lap milk...twice :-)

He took a total of 40mls isn't that great :-)

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay :clap: I'd start now mixing in a tiny bit of mashed up kitten meat so it's basically just flavoured a little and if he still laps it up you can begin to add gradually more meat

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was going to let him lap it up for a while so he gains the.much needed weight he's been lacking. He's gained more in the last 3 days than he has in the last 2 weeks. But I will certainly try this. Thanks for the tip

lovehope37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bet you haven't seen me in a while posting! I just sold my kittens </3. It was forced on me sadly. I would have kept them for longer. I am glad to hear your kittens are doing well! They are so cute. :)

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix is so adorable...I had a mouse named Felix ..his mom was part wild and his dad was fully wild...his mom died giving birth to him..but determined little Felix lived on so him being motherless i hand raised him, every two hours I fed him.He developed crooked back legs and he got sick the vet said he'd live less than a year but he thrived..for a year and 3 months, then he passed away in his sleep I never though I could learn to love such a small creature though,but I did I developed a bond that I will never forget.
But any ways I'm glad Felix the little kitten is thriving...I wish my cat didnt have a miscarriage, then I could join in to all this lovely kitten stuff:/
But my mom noticed how depressed I was about it and she took matters in her own hands and did something I never though possible for her(she has a strict no breed policy) she put Bent ear and Sage togather......maybe Felix is just a late bloomer he will poop when he's ready to poop :) and I know as of now that sage is pregnant and due at the beginning of June and ill have some baby chickens hopefully by Wednesday. But I'm pretty sure Felix is fine, and will poop eventually;)

Last edited:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Felix is doing great now he's lapping milk regularly he still won't try it with meat though. I'm sure he will in time but it annoys me. It angers me that some people will rehome kittens at 6 weeks because I can tell that even though most will be eating solids at this age, they are no where near ready to leave their mom's.

Congratulations on the pregnancy, I hope things go well this time around. Have you had.the pregnancy confirmed by a vet? Good luck x

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tiggs,I got a vet opinion on it, Sage is healthy the kits are healthy and growing inside her:) I know I don't get that either they are way to tiny at six weeks...the age I regime kits at is 8-12 weeks

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that's great that's he's doing well lapping up the milk, at least you know he's getting some nutrition in, stubborn little monkey with the meat isn't he lol. Is he gaining weight better now? I know what you mean about people selling / giving away kittens too early, seeing my 4 at 6 weeks there was no way I could have let them go even though they were all eating well and just using the litter box, at that age they were still nursing from Daisy frequently and just seemed way to small to deal with the upheaval, even at 9 weeks when I let the first go I found it hard going and worried but she went to one of my best friends and has a 5 month old playmate to continue the sibling type relationship and they'd all pretty much stopped nursing by then.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bet you haven't seen me in a while posting! I just sold my kittens 3. It was forced on me sadly. I would have kept them for longer. I am glad to hear your kittens are doing well! They are so cute. :)
Ive only got the one kitten, I'm having a few issues getting.him to eat meat but he's healthy enough and gaining weight nicely now. Hes getting stronger everyday, he can jump on to the settee now (or couch?). He just turned 6 weeks yesterday.

Here's a pic of my Felix with his mom Tigger

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my word he looks so adorable in that picture! I'm glad he's doing well despite his stubbornness about meat lol

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is stubborn, i don't know where he gets it from :-/... my work friend told me she had a full litter of 6 who refused meat until they were 7/8 weeks old so I'm not concerned. He's healthy and very active. And as long as he's lapping up the milk Im sure he'll be fine :-) how are yours doing?

Last edited:

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are a handful and a half though and absolute joy to watch and when one of the deigns to curl up and sleep on me oh wow my heart is stolen lol, I'm missing little Lily who went to her new home just over a week ago and dreading the next 2 going a week Monday coming but I am looking forward to less litter boxes to clean up and things being a little calmer round here

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha I understand, almost completely. Felix gets everywhere and he's a chewer. He chews anything including our toes and poor Tigger's tail bless her. But those stolen calm moments with him...priceless lol. I don't think I'd have him any other way.

Oh, and my male cat Sam seems to be taking to him which has really surprised me.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just an update on Felix. He's doing really well and Tigger too, she's gained plenty of weight since her cesarean/spay. Okay, she's gotten extremely lazy too.

Felix still isn't eating solids, i try everyday, every meal time. But nope, he's not having any of it. Vets not concerned for now and I'm feeding him on kitten replacement milk and he's gaining weight. He is a little behind in growth, he's the same size/weight of the average 6 week old kitten but he's 8 weeks on tuesday. Again vets not too concerned, he could just be a small cat.

He is very active however. Climbing, jumping, frightening the life out of me! He's like lightning. He's made good friends with my pooch Ruby too...and she LOVES him.

I will try and get a picture of him now if he will stay still for long enough.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Excellent news!   Make sure you do kitten secure everything which is possible to kitten secure...

Good luck!

Ps.  What is this about Tiggers laziness?   Is she taking it calmly, now when all the stresses are over, or is she yawning a lot and streching on herself "lazy cat"?

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Excellent news!   Make sure you do kitten secure everything which is possible to kitten secure...

Good luck!

Ps.  What is this about Tiggers laziness?   Is she taking it calmly, now when all the stresses are over, or is she yawning a lot and streching on herself "lazy cat"?
Oh I have kitten proofed everything lol he's LOVES to climb and bite my feet ha.

She's just got lazy, she's still playful and happy but she just doesn't seem to want to go outside much, she likes to just chill in the house and eat. I wouldn't mind at all but she kicks the litter all over the place, dirty bugger lol.