Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

As ADORABLE and chunky as they are, they can’t possibly be dehydrated. I hope this reassures you somewhat! They aren’t sickly and hopefully will stay like that.

As far as mama, nope, the basement is not for her, lol. You can offer her a scrambled egg, no salt if you’re out of wet food and she’s really hungry. Try a small portion to see if she’ll eat it first. If she does, then she might enjoy that!
ALTHOUGH I THINK THEY ARE HISSING BECAUSE right when i sat near them, they started panting or yea. Hissing

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried to make sure i was right so i put my finger in front of one of them and it started doing it as well ^~^

Also, i will try to scare mama cat when she gets near the door to the basement.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She woke me up 2x really hungry. She might be sick of her dry food. Might have diarrhea soon but i mixed in some of her old food. Hopefully its okay for her to nurse while eating it because man when i offered her some, SHE JUST RUSHED TO EAT IT. Im still sleepy and im making her scrambled eggs now. Im buying wetfood later. Is it okay for her to eat friskies while nursing bcs idk abt nutrition.
Friskies is better than nothing, but it's not good at all for a pregnant or nursing mother.

kitten-rescue.com will have all the info you need about what and how to feed her.

Edit: Just so you aren't confused, yes, you can feed her the same things it suggests feeding orphaned Kittens. It will give her the extra nutrition she needs while nursing.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Friskies is better than nothing, but it's not good at all for a pregnant or nursing mother.

kitten-rescue.com will have all the info you need about what and how to feed her.

Edit: Just so you aren't confused, yes, you can feed her the same things it suggests feeding orphaned Kittens. It will give her the extra nutrition she needs while nursing.
I will not feed her just friskies while nursing. Ill mix it with her kitten formula dry food. I just feel like shes getting sick of it. I will try to find better brands asap but not at the moment.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How’s she doing since getting a mixture of both foods? Yes, it’s not the best food because they add unnecessary dyes and kitten formula does have more protein, etc, but she needs to eat so do what you can to keep her eating. Try to keep it with more kitten chow if possible for the nutrition but she’ll be fine since she’s getting her cheese. Hopefully she gave you a break today.

Kittens hissing are too cute! They don’t know your scent. But they’re learning. I’m glad that’s what it was. Feisty already, lol.

You asked before about them nursing. They will continue to nurse from mama even once they start to sample food! She’ll nurse them typically for at least 8 weeks, many times for months! Sometimes they lose interest, sometimes she’ll be the one to wean them. As they get more interested in food and life, you’ll see the change.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How’s she doing since getting a mixture of both foods? Yes, it’s not the best food because they add unnecessary dyes and kitten formula does have more protein, etc, but she needs to eat so do what you can to keep her eating. Try to keep it with more kitten chow if possible for the nutrition but she’ll be fine since she’s getting her cheese. Hopefully she gave you a break today.

Kittens hissing are too cute! They don’t know your scent. But they’re learning. I’m glad that’s what it was. Feisty already, lol.

You asked before about them nursing. They will continue to nurse from mama even once they start to sample food! She’ll nurse them typically for at least 8 weeks, many times for months! Sometimes they lose interest, sometimes she’ll be the one to wean them. As they get more interested in food and life, you’ll see the change.
Hi!!! They are doing just fine <3 all of them are so chubby hehe I'm so excited. And yes. After a while of stressing. I am mostly napping now HAHA.

At first she loved kitten chow. But then she lost interest so she stopped eating a lot of it on its own, i mixed it with her old purina dry mix that i thought she was allergic to (which i know she wasn't because she gave birth a few days after having diarrhea.) And since i bought wet food yesterday, i gave her that too. Hopefully its alright! Ill try to add more kitten chow so that its healthier i guess.

Do i feed her cheese everyday?

I woke up to her this morning meowing at my window. Its covered in vines and it has like fruits so birds are usually hanging there HAHA.

Makes me scared to touch her babies tho. Whenever i come near, she meows at me. She sounds worried i dont know. And when i touch the babies, she will come closer and into the box. Hopefully she will be alright with me again.

She only comes to me for everything she needs tho which i guess is a sign she still trusts me.

AND ALSO YES. THEIR HISSING IS SO CUTE LIKE I CAN'T. I'M SO EXCITED FOR THEM TO GROW UP. HUHUHU. 4th week will be the cutest. :")

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's eating well!! She still leaves some of the kitten chow but she will eat it again after a while.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese is probably not the best idea, after they are weaned most Cats stop producing the enzyme that helps them digest dairy products properly. In small amounts as a treat once in a while it's ok, but if you give too much it can cause diarrhea.

If she had a problem with you being near her Kittens she would be doing a lot more than just meowing at you. I wouldn't handle them too much until they're older and are moving around and playing on their own, but you're fine being around them and observing them. Helping them get used to being around people from birth is going to make it much easier for them to be adopted.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cheese was a suggestion for her as a nursing mother because she was panting, to get extra calcium, and it’s lactose free hard cheese in this case. She’s working within her means to try and feed her as best as she can.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m glad you’re getting some sleep now! Sneak that kitten chow in as best as you can but it sounds like the mix is making her very happy!

Have any of them started to open their eyes? If not, that will be happening soon!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m glad you’re getting some sleep now! Sneak that kitten chow in as best as you can but it sounds like the mix is making her very happy!

Have any of them started to open their eyes? If not, that will be happening soon!

Hm.... i dont think any of them has opened their eyes yet.

But HELP. I HEAR SOME OF THEM SNEEZING WHENEVER MOMMA CAT COMES.

IM NOT SURE IF ITS DUE TO MOMMA CAT'S LITTER. I AM SO SCARED. WE DON'T HAVE MONEY RIGHT NOW. Momma cat's litter makes her sneeze since its dusty. But i usually sift it outside to get rid of the excess dust which i guess reduced her sneezes. But now i see kittens sneeze. I'm not sure if they only sneeze when she comes or not but i am very worried. I hope they are not sick.

I have left over of the wood pellets that i used as her litter before that i can switch to if its the case. Although I'm scared itll also cause diarrhea again because I'm not 100% sure if she's allergic.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what else can cause their sneezes at their age. But i am so worried!!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And yes, i have mixed kitten chow in her wet food. I make sure they're inside and outside of it so that she doesn't have a choice but to eat it.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, i haven't been able to keep them warm. Whenever i put a heat source in they will always sleep in the opposite side of it. I also don't think momma likes it. The temp has been under 20°C AND I AM SO AFRAID THAT THEY ARE SICK BECAUSE OF THAT AS WELL. UGHHH I'M SAD AND SCARED.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she used the wood pellets before, try the again and see if it reduces the sneezing and dust. I doubt it would cause diarrhea unless she ate them. I’ve never used pellets.

You can try the rice sock again but heat it half as long or not as long. See if that makes a difference. You probably have warm blankets in there, plus they pile up together when mama leaves, all chunky five of them! As long as they have the heat source there, it’s fine that they move away. If they get cold, they’ll crawl towards it. So do keep it there.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Regarding the pellets, did she have any respiratory problems when she used them? If not, it’s fine to use them since the other litter is dusty. I’d be concerned about that too.

Is mama sneezing? Are their eyes goopy?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Regarding the pellets, did she have any respiratory problems when she used them? If not, it’s fine to use them since the other litter is dusty. I’d be concerned about that too.

Is mama sneezing? Are their eyes goopy?
When i switched mama to pellets, i switched her diet at the same time. Which confused me about which caused the diarrhea. And then blood was seen in her diarrhea which scared me even more. Then a few days after a that terror, she gave birth. But we switchrd everything back to normal before she even gave birth so i guess that's why i'm unsure. I will try to switch her to the pellets again. I just used it before because 40lb of that is only $7 DO ITS WAYYYY CHEAP. I just bought her new of the sand litter today which is the dusty one. I might have to talk to my mom first about switching again tho.

I made them a flat pouch full of rice earlier so that i can place it under them instead of having an actual sock bulking up. I kinda woke them up when i placed them and moved away. Hopefully i can add it back later because i am pretty sure it didnt cause her to sneeze at all.

I see the kitties blinking but their eyes are still closed jsufjvfmdkifkrf so cute tho. Biggest one looks like a teddy bear. Big stomach and the others are cuddling into him/her.

Last edited:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you mean you put litter sand in their nest?

If so, please don’t put litter in their nest! You can use less rice in the sock or use a bigger (longer) sock. Even sew something like part of an old shirt.

Selena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At the end of May, a stray female cat has come into our home. She looked very light and skinny so we fed her and kept her ever since. But as time went by, we noticed her stomach growing. My family said she's pregnant and i only believed it a few days ago because of the amount of movement there is in her stomach. She also eats a lot.(and by the way, i only believed now because i thought she was just fat because of the amount of food my family feeds her) For the past 2 months, we fed her Meow Mix and Whiskas wet food(i know they're not good brands but we couldn't afford others.) and then we switched to Purina One Hairball Control. (I bought that food before i believed she was really pregnant.) And i guess it was better for her to eat that instead of the Meow Mix. We also feed her Friskies Pate wet food. I also mixed purina with meowmix for a while to make sure she wont be shocked by the food switching.

At around the time we switched her food, we also switched her cat litter. We used to switch from sand or clumping clay but i discovered wood pellets and switched to that instead.

And since we switched 2 things at once, i thought it was either the new food or the new litter was causing her to have diarrhea because the diarrhea started at around the same time.

I switched back to meowmix and she still had diarrhea.

And just today i switched her back to the old sand litter she used before. And. I hope that helps.

She is very close to her due date and for the past 4-5 days, she's been having smelly and runny stools. And sometimes with blood. The colour would be different at times. Sometimes light brown and now its just brown with blood and mucus. While she poos as well, her body makes a growling sound too.

I'm not entirely sure if her runny stools are due to her being close to labor but that's what my family tells me.

My mom finally agreed to take her to the vet in a few days, maybe Thursday or friday(because that's when money comes in) but our budget is only $100. She's afraid that they would want to charge her more since she's pregnant and all when we don't really have the budget.

She has not been dewormed yet and i thought that might also be the problem. But im not sure if she can be dewormed since shes close to due date. Ive also called a vet and they said deworming is around $38 for adult cats but they need to check her which will cost us $74.

Right now she's mostly sleeping, she eats well and plays.

She had diarrhea before but it stopped when we gave her bits of boiled carrots.

She goes to poo a few times in a day.

I tried feeding her carrots again as well as brown rice.

Please ask me if you don't understand something about my situation.

I need help. I'm worried about her runny stool with blood. I don't want to lose her.

We kept her because we thought she will be safer with us.

Someone told me my cat might die if i don't seek help soon.

My kitten was 2 moths old when i saw runny poop and a little big big stomach i took them to vet he said give deworming for kittens and good food , food was good it was royal canin kitten when i deworm them the runny poop was normal maybe u can deworm and see but again before doing anything call the vet ask for deworming and the name of good tablet

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you mean you put litter sand in their nest?

If so, please don’t put litter in their nest! You can use less rice in the sock or use a bigger (longer) sock. Even sew something like part of an old shirt.
NO I DONT PUT LITTER IN THEIR NEST!! WOOPSIE I CONFUSED MYSELF WITH SAND AND RICE LOL. I made a square one that was able to fit into my microwave. I made it flat so that it wouldnt be too bulky..

What would goopy eyes look like?