Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She looks happy! Do your windows have screens or can she get out? Or are you concerned about the noise? Just keep her other nest available so she can move them back. Maybe it was too hot for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks happy! Do your windows have screens or can she get out? Or are you concerned about the noise? Just keep her other nest available so she can move them back. Maybe it was too hot for her?
Maybe it was hot for her. I was just worried about the kittens temperature that i forgot about momma cat.

Our windows have screens. We dont open them all day tho.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She should be okay for now. I’m just guessing, as it could be any of those things. Check the living room for potential unsafe or areas so could move them again that you might not be able to reach them and block them off ahead of her, lol. You will be rewarded soon enough when they start interacting! So cute!!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She should be okay for now. I’m just guessing, as it could be any of those things. Check the living room for potential unsafe or areas so could move them again that you might not be able to reach them and block them off ahead of her, lol. You will be rewarded soon enough when they start interacting! So cute!!
Im afraid about the potential noise from outside. There is a lot of stuff in the livingroom right now. I will try to organize them and use the fencing i used before to block them off.

It was quite loud in the bedroom due to the kitchen being beside it, it was hot because i was worried about the kittens, and yea. I interfered too much because i was afraid they were going to miss meal time and were suffocating under mama cat.

Ive made them a new enclosure. Do i move them or do i wait for her to? Theyre all sleeping on the floor right now but are with momma cat.

It is much bigger and im thinking to just put it behind something instead of putting a blanket over it so that she wont feel like shes trapped or something.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will this be okay?
That looks fine. When I fostered Gracie and her newborn kittens, I used a large low plastic under the bed storage container that was big enough for her to move around in and high enough to contain the babies. She should be allowed to get up and come and go as she pleases. Mamas need breaks too. lol. You might want to line the top with puppy training pads because the bedding is gonna get messy when the babies start peeing and pooping. Mamma will be licking them after nursing to get them to go. She'll try to clean up after them but the puppy pad will help you not have to wash the bedding every day.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That looks fine. When I fostered Gracie and her newborn kittens, I used a large low plastic under the bed storage container that was big enough for her to move around in and high enough to contain the babies. She should be allowed to get up and come and go as she pleases. Mamas need breaks too. lol. You might want to line the top with puppy training pads because the bedding is gonna get messy when the babies start peeing and pooping. Mamma will be licking them after nursing to get them to go. She'll try to clean up after them but the puppy pad will help you not have to wash the bedding every day.
I will try my best thank you !!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So will she move them on her own or??? They're literally sleeping on cold hardwood floor. Earlier i placed a blanket in front of where they are and tried moving them closer to the blanket but they screamed and momma cat stepped in. I dunno.

She's in my bedroom with me right now. She woke me up. I dunno why

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, try to do it while she’s distracted and see if she likes it better. She’s going to want your company. She’s a teen mom, lol... that’s why she keeps coming to you. She gets reassurance from you, and love. She’s still hormonal.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats, mothers or not, are mysterious and we won’t always understand them! I think they like it that way, haha!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, try to do it while she’s distracted and see if she likes it better. She’s going to want your company. She’s a teen mom, lol... that’s why she keeps coming to you. She gets reassurance from you, and love. She’s still hormonal.
She woke me up because she couldn't find her litter box in its original spot.

I couldn't help but move them. When they screamed, she placed herself on them thinking they needed feeding.

I've successfully moved them and gave them time alone.

I've placed her favorite ru in front of the box so that she can just sleep near there and not have to go far from them if she wanted to sleep.

Not going to lie, the rug is dirty. Its the rug we put on the entrance but since she liked it a lot, might as well let her use it. I will try and wash it tomorrow just incase its way too dirty to have her sleep there and nurse.

Here's an update pic.

Hopefully she doesn't hide them again. I'm very worried. Kittens slept on the cold dusty floor for a few hours and i couldn't contain myself.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At least now she can get a better view of them. Ill try not to bother them for a while. I've left the blanket under the couch just incase she moves them again :"(. How to unstress momma pls

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She looks very happy there! If you can shake the rug out that might be good enough for now, just wait until she’s not using it. Great idea, btw!
She has good instincts, and is being a good momma. When they’re outside they move nests frequently for protection and to keep their babies clean and protected from parasites. If you’re stressing that she might move them again, make her another nest but don’t put them in it. She may even decide to bring them back to your room.
You are doing a great job! All the kittens are fat and thriving. That’s very reassuring. Tell yourself that when you start to get overwhelmed.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks very happy there! If you can shake the rug out that might be good enough for now, just wait until she’s not using it. Great idea, btw!
She has good instincts, and is being a good momma. When they’re outside they move nests frequently for protection and to keep their babies clean and protected from parasites. If you’re stressing that she might move them again, make her another nest but don’t put them in it. She may even decide to bring them back to your room.
You are doing a great job! All the kittens are fat and thriving. That’s very reassuring. Tell yourself that when you start to get overwhelmed.
Thank you so much for making me feel better!! <3

And YES THEY ARE VERY FAT

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat keeps meowing at me. Im not sure if shes asking me for wet food bcs we ran out. She also lures me to the kitchen for idk what reason. She also wants to go to the basement which is unfinished and very dangerous. Lots of chemicals, and theres a giant hole in the wall which idk the purpose of and I'm afraid shell go in it and escape or get stuck. Hopefully she doesn't try to go there.

She meows at me and lays beside me. Her meows will become lower and lower and i dunno why she does that.

I don't know. My questions are always the same but i just don't understand what she wants.

Shes meowing at me right now. And when i touch her she jumps off.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I AM SCARED. I just saw 2 of the kittens panting AND I DONT KNOW WHY. I need your guys’ help. It says online that they’re dehydrated and to take them to the vet asap. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. Its midnight, we dont have money and we dont have a car.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was about to say that they were asleep when they were doing it but how am i supposed to know? Their eyes are closed HAHAHA. But yea, right when i walked into the room, i just heard them panting. I even went close to check.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure they were panting? As little as they are, kittens can make hissing sounds that can sound like panting! Sorry I didn’t see this sooner! See if you can look up kittens hissing or couple day old or week old kittens hissing on YouTube. That’s probably it!

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

As ADORABLE and chunky as they are, they can’t possibly be dehydrated. I hope this reassures you somewhat! They aren’t sickly and hopefully will stay like that.

As far as mama, nope, the basement is not for her, lol. You can offer her a scrambled egg, no salt if you’re out of wet food and she’s really hungry. Try a small portion to see if she’ll eat it first. If she does, then she might enjoy that!

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

As ADORABLE and chunky as they are, they can’t possibly be dehydrated. I hope this reassures you somewhat! They aren’t sickly and hopefully will stay like that.

As far as mama, nope, the basement is not for her, lol. You can offer her a scrambled egg, no salt if you’re out of wet food and she’s really hungry. Try a small portion to see if she’ll eat it first. If she does, then she might enjoy that!
She woke me up 2x really hungry. She might be sick of her dry food. Might have diarrhea soon but i mixed in some of her old food. Hopefully its okay for her to nurse while eating it because man when i offered her some, SHE JUST RUSHED TO EAT IT. Im still sleepy and im making her scrambled eggs now. Im buying wetfood later. Is it okay for her to eat friskies while nursing bcs idk abt nutrition.