Pregnant Cat. Please Help!

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I think my little girl is going to be a teen mom. Rory(Aurora) is 11 months old, so she isn't super young. She always tries to sneak outside so we let her in the garage(she thinks she is going to the same place the big cats go). I hadn't seen her in a while and she was in heat. I went in the garage to look for her and I found a tomcat! I got him out and took Rory inside. She hasn't gone into heat since. If she is pregnant then she is due around April 30th. Im really worried because she is pretty small. I already have purr-fect homes for the kittens if any. Thanks for any help! I will post a pic of her tummy in a bit.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome!

Most cats deliver just fine. Do you plan to have her spayed after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! I don't want her to have to go through this again!

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks! Sorry for the poor quality, and you can't really see the bump. Ill get more pics tonight when I give her wet food IMG_1954.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like she is doing fine. Feline pregnancies last only about 62 days, so, as a result, until April 30 is a long time for the kittens to continue to develop, so she should get bigger as she progresses toward her due date. Once she delivers the kittens, feed her wet kitten food, which contains the nutrients to keep mom strong to be able to provide enough milk for her kittens. Don't let her outside now, or even after she is spayed, there are a lot of dangers for outdoor kitties.

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info! She is an indoor-only kitty, and got pregnant due to the fact that there was a tomcat hiding in our garage. She has been getting wet food once a day and as much dry kitten food as she wants. Should I make any changes?

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am definitely going to spay her! she looks so miserable right now! Poor baby

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the info! She is an indoor-only kitty, and got pregnant due to the fact that there was a tomcat hiding in our garage. She has been getting wet food once a day and as much dry kitten food as she wants. Should I make any changes?
Gotcha! I just didn't know if your garage was detached, in which case she would have to go outside. It sounds like you're doing everything right in regards to Rory's care.

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. Sorry if I didn't clarify about the garage in the beginning! Regarding the kittens, Is it ok for one of my other cats to be around, If Rory is ok w/ it of course? They are pretty attached to each other, so it will be hard to keep them separate. But if its a bad idea I can figure something out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is purr-fectly fine if Rory has a best friend around to help, as long as Rory is okay with it.

We have had members with similar situations that work out nicely! A built-in au pair!

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok! I thought so, just wanted to make sure!

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have heard of some people giving their cats KMR before the kittens are born. Is there any advantage that this will give Rory? If so when should I start supplementing her w/ it? Also let me know if there are any other ways I can help her be as prepared as possible! Thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, a dish of KMR a day is excellent for building calcium reserves. Nursing will use up a lot of calcium, and a deficit can cause seizures and death.

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good to know! I will get some! Should I start giving it to as soon as possible? She is due two weeks from Sunday

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can start now and continue giving it through her nursing weeks.

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of her nipples appears white and is relatively hard. Should I be worried? She just ran and hid under my bed so I will check to see if the others are like that when I can get to her! I will post a pic asap too, my description isn't the best:dunno: