Pregnant Cat Help

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, about 2 weeks ago I decide to foster a pregnant cat from my local rescue. I am concerned about whether she should have delivered by now. In these two weeks I have both seen and felt the kittens. Also on Saturday, there was milk coming out one of her nipples. Today, there is still no signs of labor! She is still eating regularly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may go into labor any day now. Cats get milk up to a week before delivery. Try not to worry! Everything sounds normal to me.

Thank you for fostering!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she may go into labor any day now. Cats get milk up to a week before delivery. Try not to worry! Everything sounds normal to me.

Thank you for fostering!
Okay, great! Thank you for the help. I am very excited for them! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats tend to manage a little too long pregnancies better than humans. While a too early delivery is much more dangerous to kittens than human babies.
So, as long as she hasnt no visible problems, and everything seems OK - do observe and monitor
Hi, about 2 weeks ago I decide to foster a pregnant cat from my local rescue. I am concerned about whether she should have delivered by now. In these two weeks I have both seen and felt the kittens. Also on Saturday, there was milk coming out one of her nipples. Today, there is still no signs of labor! She is still eating regularly
, but its just to wait and see.

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you for fostering!
Hi, today there are still no kittens! I'm getting worried because tomorrow is going to be a week since she started lactating. The kittens are still moving a ton and it's very visible.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try not to worry. Everything sounds fine. She will go into labor when her body is ready, which could be any day now. Nothing is exact.

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try not to worry. Everything sounds fine. She will go into labor when her body is ready, which could be any day now. Nothing is exact.
I want to take her temperature but I know for sure she won't like it. How do I do it without hurting the kittens?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can take it under her front leg, then add 3 degrees. Be aware that temperature is not the most reliable indicator of impending labor.

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, just an update. There are still no kittens. All of her nipples have milk coming out of them and I do see the kittens moving still!

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's getting there! :)
Yesterday night, I noticed her pawing at her bedding and seeming very restless. She hasn't ate since last night so I think they are coming soon! I'm hoping she waits until I come home from work, because then I'll miss it :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound like it should be soon. She may even be in early labor!

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does sound like it should be soon. She may even be in early labor!
I think she is. She is pawing at everything on the floor and knocking things over. She ate a little today but not as much as she used to

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great news! Are they all latching and nursing? :lovecat2:
Quick question, I don't know if this has anything to do with her pregnancy but mama is having problems using the litter box. She had never peeed outside of it, she is just pooing! She's in the litter box when she does it, I think she leans over too much. I don't know what to do. By the way, the kittens have gained about 12 grams each :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! Great gains! :)

Is the litter box big enough? A box with a lid would prevent this as well.

If she's not done this in the past it should correct when she feels a little more "with it" after having babies.

Can you put doggie pee pads around the box in the meantime?